Voxel Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Voxel Plugin Free is now available on the marketplace!

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...el-plugin-free

Trailer:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Phyronnaz View Post
    Hey Boruki ,

A setup like this should work:

Note that GetVoxelWorldContainingPosition will only be available in the next release. Before that you can use Get All Actors Of Class.
    Do you ever sleep? Haha. Amazing, thank you!

Looks quite similar to mine, but I was missing the World Position to Voxel.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Boruki ,

A setup like this should work:

Note that GetVoxelWorldContainingPosition will only be available in the next release. Before that you can use Get All Actors Of Class.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Phyronnaz,

I'm trying to get my characters to stop falling through the voxel ground during loading - I was looking at what you'd said previously about using GetValue and moving them upward based on a negative, but I don't have a "GetValue" I only have "GetVoxelValueAndMaterial" which 0 get returned, I've also tried GetDensity instead which mostly just returned -1 regardless, I figured 0 density would be air and

I'm passing the players location based on their word position, do I need to try and move it to the local position of the voxels for this to work? If so what's the most reliable way to do that.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Phyronnaz View Post
    World Settings can be accessed using Window -> World Settings in unreal
    Thank you so much. I am a fresh men

Leave a comment:

• replied
    World Settings can be accessed using Window -> World Settings in unreal

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is what I get too- even loading the demo project
    using Unreal 4.2.4

Leave a comment:

• replied
    When I click the VoxelWorld. Only show details, no world settings. Why. Any one can help me?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Voxel Plugin PRO is now on the marketplace! Free will follow soon!

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...xel-plugin-pro

Leave a comment:

• replied
    LordStuff Check https://wiki.voxelplugin.com/Collisions_and_Navmesh, bunch of tips on how to increase the collision range. If all that fail, you could use GetValue on the player location and move the player up while the value is negative ( = inside the voxel surface).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How do / would you handle collision when the surfaces are not yet rendered? Eg if a chunk takes very long for whatever reason and the player just runs into it.

I managed to fall through the ground on multiple occasions on the test maps by digging or sculpting the ground below the character.

All in all this is an insanely powerful plugin. The perfomance is first class and the features you added over the years are great!

Thanks and cheers!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The Mesh Tool! How could I forget! it is amazing, thank you for the examples! The more I work with your plug-in the more I am amazed, you really did an incredible job!!! I am subscribed to this thread, I hope you will update this thread when the PRO Version is available on Unreal Marketplace.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    JohnADaniels You forgot the Mesh Tool in the current tools

You can either create your own C++ tool without editing the plugin, use a mesh stamp with a star mesh, or use a Voxel Graph Tool: using a voxel graph as a tool, like here for example with a crater:

Voxel Graph:
    GetPreviousGeneratorValue will return the current voxel value.

Then to use it, in a regular blueprint:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can new tools be created in BluePrint or are they internal part of the Voxel Plugin, for example, how would you create a new tool that looked like a star? Would that be something that we could create or would that be a core voxel plugin change? Or would it be better to use the sculpt tool with the mask.

Current Tools included with Voxel Plugin:
    1) Surface (also used with Mask and Terrace)
    2) Sphere
    3) Box
    4) Smooth
    5) Flatten
    6) Trim

Thank you,
    John
    Last edited by JohnADaniels; 02-16-2020, 01:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you Phyronnaz, this tool is amazing, you are a genius!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X