Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voxel Plugin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    idea for foliage spawning: spawns based on up vector distance of chunk from world location, I think if you did it this way it would work for all your current generators. This way you can stop spawning grass after a certain height and not have trees in valleys

    Comment


      #77
      Originally posted by Kris View Post

      Definitely your PC

      Check out wiki entry on Recommended Hardware : https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Recommended_Hardware

      Phyronnaz Impressive stuff!
      Thought of trying your hand at animated voxels?
      i.e. Convert skeletal mesh to voxels and still have it animate.
      Just curious.
      what would be better for my pc?


      EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

      or

      Nvidia GeForce GTX 770

      both have the same price but what one is better?
      I'm not a hardware guy TBH lol
      Matt Walton: Programmer and owner of WireLiteSoft Games.

      [Streaming Terrains][WireLiteSoft.us]

      Comment


        #78
        Originally posted by frostic View Post

        what would be better for my pc?


        EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

        or

        Nvidia GeForce GTX 770

        both have the same price but what one is better?
        I'm not a hardware guy TBH lol
        If you can afford either, you should get a newer gen card like a GTX 1060 3gb, you can get one new for the same price as you'd buy a used 770 for.

        In fact if you can part with a total of $289, about $40 more than the typical price of a used 770 online, you can get a 6gb GTX 1060 that'll last you a lot longer.

        https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16814137018

        Comment


          #79
          HeroicVillain Foliage spawning is based on the material, which can be defined from the position. I plan to add a slope limit for the foliage: slope would be computed from an up vector depending on the position and given by the WorldGenerator.
          Website: https://voxelplugin.com
          Discord: https://discord.voxelplugin.com
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/phyronnaz

          Comment


            #80
            Originally posted by hippowombat View Post

            If you can afford either, you should get a newer gen card like a GTX 1060 3gb, you can get one new for the same price as you'd buy a used 770 for.

            In fact if you can part with a total of $289, about $40 more than the typical price of a used 770 online, you can get a 6gb GTX 1060 that'll last you a lot longer.

            https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16814137018
            I only have $180 i can spend not $300. thats why i asked what is better because i can get either of them for $147 using amazon because I have amazon prime and they are cheaper when i use prime to buy it.
            Matt Walton: Programmer and owner of WireLiteSoft Games.

            [Streaming Terrains][WireLiteSoft.us]

            Comment


              #81
              Originally posted by frostic View Post

              I only have $180 i can spend not $300. thats why i asked what is better because i can get either of them for $147 using amazon because I have amazon prime and they are cheaper when i use prime to buy it.
              Ah, I see. Well it's ultimately up to you but if you can part with $20 more, you can get a 1060 3gb for $199, which'll perform better and last longer as a brand new card. Best of luck to you!

              Comment


                #82
                Just wanted to pop in here and say great job on this. I am following your progress on GitHub and hope to see this plug-in mature even more in the future.

                Comment


                  #83
                  Encryption767 Thanks!

                  Editor preview:
                  Website: https://voxelplugin.com
                  Discord: https://discord.voxelplugin.com
                  Twitter: https://twitter.com/phyronnaz

                  Comment


                    #84
                    Hey,

                    Phyronnaz You have made a pretty awesome voxel solution here, I am extremely impressed. I am running into one issue though. I've currently got the VoxelWorld actor in my level set to spawn using a child blueprint of the MySphereWorldGenerator base blueprint, and the sphere world renders perfectly within the editor during design. However, when I press Play or Package out the project, the sphere world doesn't spawn and I get the following error:

                    Code:
                    VoxelLog: Warning: Loading world
                    LogSpawn: Warning: UWorld::DestroyActor: World has no context! World: Default, Actor: /Game/UEDPIE_0_Default.Default:PersistentLevel.SphereWorldGenerator_9
                    Any ideas on what could be causing the problem? I'd really appreciate any help you could give.

                    Comment


                      #85
                      Hey Phyronnaz

                      Got two questions -

                      1. Will this work with a VR headset from a performance perspective?
                      2. How is performance compared to standard UE4 landscapes?

                      Comment


                        #86
                        BinaryScrub Thanks! Just fixed this bug, should work now.

                        @HeadClot
                        1. VR should be fine: I'm nearly always at 120fps in the editor.
                        2. Compared to UE landscape it's quite bad. However they are not comparables: UE landscapes are simple 2D heightmaps, while this uses 3D data.
                        I'd say performance should be fine most of the time, unless you want to go faster than 100 m/s.
                        Last edited by Phyronnaz; 10-13-2017, 01:46 PM.
                        Website: https://voxelplugin.com
                        Discord: https://discord.voxelplugin.com
                        Twitter: https://twitter.com/phyronnaz

                        Comment


                          #87
                          Phyronnaz That fix works perfectly, thank your so much!

                          On another note, I'm not sure if its because I have a beefy PC or not, but your plugin has 0 issues whatsoever generating a sphere world that's 1 Million meters in diameter. Well done my friend.

                          Comment


                            #88
                            Originally posted by BinaryScrub View Post
                            Phyronnaz That fix works perfectly, thank your so much!

                            On another note, I'm not sure if its because I have a beefy PC or not, but your plugin has 0 issues whatsoever generating a sphere world that's 1 Million meters in diameter. Well done my friend.

                            Do you plan on merging this code into the voxel plugin or at least sharing it here if it is a blueprint?

                            Also curious to how you plan on handling gravity on the sphere

                            I am curious

                            Comment


                              #89
                              HeadClot It didn't even take any coding or blueprint. All I did was create a child blueprint of the "MySphereWorldGenerator" blueprint in the root Content folder of the project (since I wanted to keep the original just in case) and then opened that child BP and changed the value for radius and made sure that "Inverse outside inside" was unchecked and then recompiled the child BP. Then in the VoxelWorld object I selected my child BP instead of the "MySphereWorldGenerator" BP

                              As for gravity on this beautiful monstrosity, I'm still working on that.

                              Baby steps

                              Comment


                                #90
                                Originally posted by BinaryScrub View Post
                                HeadClot It didn't even take any coding or blueprint. All I did was create a child blueprint of the "MySphereWorldGenerator" blueprint in the root Content folder of the project (since I wanted to keep the original just in case) and then opened that child BP and changed the value for radius and made sure that "Inverse outside inside" was unchecked and then recompiled the child BP. Then in the VoxelWorld object I selected my child BP instead of the "MySphereWorldGenerator" BP

                                As for gravity on this beautiful monstrosity, I'm still working on that.

                                Baby steps
                                I have been playing around with this some and haven't had any luck with gravity yet. As for the huge sphere, it loads up perfectly.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X