Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started a topic [PLUGIN] voxel plugin™

voxel plugin™

voxel plugin™ allows you to create fully volumetric, entirely destructible and infinite worlds. It's available for UE 4.20 & 4.21.

Pricing & Licensing

There are two editions of the plugin available:
    • a free version, with limited features
    • a pro version with more features, which you can check out on the website

Both versions can be used commercially.

Features
    • Fully volumetric and entirely destructible terrain
    • Infinite worlds with seamless LODs
    • Ultra smooth edits: up to 50 times per second on a single chunk
    • VR Ready: everything is done in background threads, allowing for a constant 90fps
    • Up to 256 materials, with smooth transitions and texture support through Texture Arrays
    • Complete Blueprint interface
    • C++ World Generators to create your own worlds
    • Easy to use custom graph system to create your own worlds
    • Multiplayer
    • Importers: import from meshes, heightmaps, landscapes, MagicaVox, 3D Coat and splines
    • Voxel Physics: enable physics on floating voxel blocks
    • Grass and Voxel Actors
    • Pro Support
    Links

Discord: https://discord.gg/58ZqEbg
    Last edited by Phyronnaz; 12-29-2018, 09:38 PM.

• replied
    Originally posted by Phyronnaz View Post
    Hethger I might have fixed that in the pro version already. I'm not 100% sure though. Are you able to reproduce it reliably? If so can you send me repro steps/a test project so that I can have a look?
    Here, https://www.dropbox.com/s/sqd4yyisx8...ntent.rar?dl=0 Simply drop what's inside the .rar into the content folder of your project with the plugin, open "DebugMap", I've set up the player start and two delays, 3 seconds for the Invoker to change location and change LODs, then 3 seconds for the invoker to go back to the original location and the cracks show infront of the player start.

I also changed the voxel size to 500 and compensated the voxel world scale to 0.5 to make the cracks more visible.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hethger I might have fixed that in the pro version already. I'm not 100% sure though. Are you able to reproduce it reliably? If so can you send me repro steps/a test project so that I can have a look?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am noticing some issues with chunk generation, when moving the voxel invoker around cracks start to appear in the mesh.

I implemented some debuging code to see what was going on. For what I can tell the chunks get generated properly at first, however moving the voxel invoker, then resetting it to the original location makes chunks that previously generated properly to have their transitions missing.

In the following image you can see the Chunks (Black), ChunkTransitions (Red), Highlighted Chunk with cracks (Green), Highlighted Chunk Transition (Blue).

As you can see at first the highlighted chunk's transition gets generated properly, then moving the Invoker around makes the chunks switch LODs, then setting the location to the original position to reproduce the original LODs results in the cracks in the 2 bottom images.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Comparison.jpg Views:	1 Size:	137.1 KB ID:	1622821

I also put some logs revealing that when generating the chunks at "FVoxelRenderChunk::UpdateMeshFromChunks()" the chunk's Transitions Mask is 3 in the first pass, but becomes 0 in the second.

Laying this out here in case this is a known issue or I am the only one seeing this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Phyronnaz Obviously would be amazing if you did - much easier than editing it in-game and saving. But more importantly it's good to know I'm not going crazy with not being able to find how it works. Amazing work on this plugin, it's really quite impressive!

Having looked at your voxel water the other day I had a thought about using material offsetting combined with some depth checks to smooth it/tidy the edges - but I didn't write it down and the idea seems to have completely gone from my head today!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Boruki Sadly the editor tools have been removed from the free version. I might add them back later on though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've stumbled across this while looking for a project for someone else and I'm rather blown away by this awesome project (especially how much is released for free usage!).

I'm struggling with the editor portion of it - as in, the editor button isn't there? I'm sure it's something simple that I've just not come across previously.

Is there anything specific that I need to do to get the editor icon to appear in the modes tab?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You have to make a folder inside plugins that contains all the files in the zip not just the uplugin file.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello -

I am having some trouble getting this to install.

1. I downloaded the Free Zip file which gave me the "VoxelPlugin-master" folder.
    2. I created a new 4.22.1 Top Down blueprint project (Mac) and then opened the project.
    3. Closed the project
    4. Copied the plugin to a new Plugins folder in the project folder.

This (attached) is the error I get when I then open the Voxel.uproject. I am assuming the Config content and resources folder contents should be copied too, but that didn't work either. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How can I create noise to FlatWorldGenerator using the free version?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Made a procedural ring world last night:

You can download the project here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lx...poEU9CuslNqnJ9
    Will work with free & pro versions!

FreemanCIT I see. I suppose the flood fill approach would work. GetValue returns the density at the queried position: -1 is totally full, 1 is empty, the surface is at 0. If you want to discuss this more in depth maybe join the discord, would be easier

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My use case : I would like a cave digging system based on a grid, but a non global axis-aligned grid (local grid). You put a kind of "fundation", or cave pit ou call it whatever you like, let's call it a starting point. This "zone" will generate some invisible shapes do define authorized digging zone, from this point (for example, one up, one down and 4 West, East, North, South).Thoses shapes will be used as guide to dig the ground in the overlapping volume. Let's say you select one of the shape, then the enclosed volume will be removed. A zone will be created where the shape was, offering new "authorized digging shapes". Repeat.

generally speaking, being able to get voxels about to be removed allow to preview changes for the user, before he decides to remove them.

This allow to help the user to dig in a user-friendly way, and you can offer the possibility to add decoration or wall inside exavated area. It's an alternative to a pure "regular" grid approach or to a free edit mode. I didn't invent it as a side note, it's an approach offered for building in the "survival game kit", which I would like to extend.

I was thinking about a floodfill approach : take the center, or the corner of a shape component in the global world, get the voxel with get value, then get neighboors of it and check if any of them overlap the shape in the global space, till no voxel in the global-space volume can be retreived.
    Last edited by FreemanCIT; 04-23-2019, 04:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    FreemanCIT Yeah no easy way to do that besides iterating on the voxels, as nothing guarantees you that the collisions at that position will have the highest LOD. There are ways to optimize it though, but it'll still be expensive. What would be your specific use case?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Phyronnaz : thanx ! My question about volume : my bad, I wasn't clear. I would like to find all voxel overlapping an arbitrary volume in global space => for example, I would like to use a box collision component, rotated and positionned anywhere in global space, and query the voxel world to retreive all the voxels that are inside of it.

The more I use your product, the more I love it !
    Best Regards,

Leave a comment:

• replied
    FreemanCIT
    For the GetValue, I already tried this, and it works, but this means I must use sampling from point in a volume to get overlapping voxel. Am I right ?
    Every point in space is a voxel. To find the voxels that are "inside" the voxel mesh you indeed need to iterate the points in your volume.

And what about the editor mode ? (question 3) ?
    It's indeed a pro feature only now. I might add it back to free some day though.

SalahAdDin
    What's the difference with the Github's repository?
    The github is hosting the free version. There's also a gitlab repo available only to pro users. To avoid having 2 separate issue tracking, both free and pro use https://gitlab.com/Phyronnaz/VoxelPluginIssues

Leave a comment:

Working...
X