Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started a topic [PLUGIN] voxel plugin™

voxel plugin™

voxel plugin™ allows you to create fully volumetric, entirely destructible and infinite worlds. It's available for UE 4.20 & 4.21.

Pricing & Licensing

There are two editions of the plugin available:
    • a free version, with limited features
    • a pro version with more features, which you can check out on the website

Both versions can be used commercially.

Features
    • Fully volumetric and entirely destructible terrain
    • Infinite worlds with seamless LODs
    • Ultra smooth edits: up to 50 times per second on a single chunk
    • VR Ready: everything is done in background threads, allowing for a constant 90fps
    • Up to 256 materials, with smooth transitions and texture support through Texture Arrays
    • Complete Blueprint interface
    • C++ World Generators to create your own worlds
    • Easy to use custom graph system to create your own worlds
    • Multiplayer
    • Importers: import from meshes, heightmaps, landscapes, MagicaVox, 3D Coat and splines
    • Voxel Physics: enable physics on floating voxel blocks
    • Grass and Voxel Actors
    • Pro Support
    Links

Discord: https://discord.gg/58ZqEbg
    Last edited by Phyronnaz; 12-29-2018, 09:38 PM.

• replied
    Hello,
    I bought the Pro-Version and trying to use it in Linux.

While most of the features seem to work out-of-the-box, there are some issues I got:

First i noticed, that saving in Editor creates a (nearly) empty file. This file can not be loaded again. (PIE: Error: LoadFromSave: Invalid save).

As i planed to use this Plugin with multiplayer I was testing replication. But as soon as the Client tries to connect to server (the modules TCP-Server) it crashes because it was not able to set the huge buffer size:

Code:
    [2019.03.01-15.18.21:505][458]LogCore: === Critical error: ===
    Unhandled Exception: SIGSEGV: invalid attempt to write memory at address 0x0000000000000003

[2019.03.01-15.18.21:505][458]LogCore: Assertion failed: BufferSize == NewSize [File:VoxelTcpSocket.cpp] [Line: 66]
    I commented out this line, and added a UE_LOG printing the NewSize. It sets it to arround 400000. This seems to be a setting in linux. I prefer not to change any of this settings, because players would need to do so too.

With the check commented out, I can actually play in pie. But if I try to change the Landscape another crash occurs:

Code:
    [2019.03.01-15.22.45:809][448]LogCore: === Critical error: ===
    Unhandled Exception: SIGSEGV: invalid attempt to write memory at address 0x0000000000000003

[2019.03.01-15.22.45:809][448]LogCore: Assertion failed: 0 <= Diff.Index && Diff.Index < VOXEL_CELL_COUNT [File:VoxelDataOctree.h] [Line: 397]
    this time I'm completely stuck. First i thought it may turncate the data because of the limited buffersize, but as the logs say:
    Code:
    [2019.03.01-15.22.45:780][448]LogVoxel: Bytes to send: 163. Bytes sent: 163. Success: 1
    there was not enough data to fill this buffer, right?

Also found this line appearing quite often in the logs:
    Code:
    2019.02.28-20.05.47:778][478]LogNetPackageMap: Warning: FNetGUIDCache::SupportsObject: VoxelProceduralMeshComponent /Game/ThirdPersonCPP/Maps/UEDPIE_2_ThirdPersonExampleMap.ThirdPersonExampleMap:PersistentLevel.VoxelWorld_1.VoxelProceduralMeshComponent_4 NOT Supported.
    Maybe its related?

The VoxelGraph works just fine in linux, but the resulting asset can not be used because its crashing. (Can not find the logs for this one, but i will make a new one if needed.)
    But exporting to c++ works, and the compiled result can be used without issues.

And the last one is a glitch:
    While testing in singleplayer: When moving to far away from "center" the player-character teleports to random locations.

Maybe you know what i can do to fix this issues?

My System:
    Nvidia Driver: 396.54
    Unreal Editor Version: 4.21.2 using Vulkan RHI.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    IronSuit Sure

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Phyronnaz View Post
    IronSuit It's possible to do that with the free version. You could use SetValueProjection under each wheel. If you need help feel free to join the discord!
    is it possible to have a different displacement value, based on wheel speed, and weight or car?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    IronSuit It's possible to do that with the free version. You could use SetValueProjection under each wheel. If you need help feel free to join the discord!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Phyronnaz View Post
    IronSuit If it's just a visual effect you probably want to use displacement, eg https://www.raywenderlich.com/5760-c...nreal-engine-4 (should work with the plugin too)

i want to have the actual terrain displacement, because that's affects the car suspension and it correctly simulate the physics.

basically i want a close result to this guy, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiYXsiNEkkg

but i don't know how to achieve the results, any help would be much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That is sad news i really liked those layers. Yes, I seen material layers in your plugin, then googled that, and seen that experimental feature in engine. Well back to old material instances.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nawrot I thought material layers dev had stopped, partly because they aren't great performance wise? The plugin has basically its own version of material layers through material collections, without the performance issues (but with a higher draw call count).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for reply.

I am playing with Magica Voxel, importers work really great. However i decided to wait for Epics new material layered setup to be more mature, currently it crashes whole editor too much.
    AS for destructible voxels, i think you posted some movie on discord that does exactly what i want.

However there was some problem of performance with multiple voxel actors. I made like 10 wall actors with checker pattern (empty and filled 3x3 squares on flat wall). And while running along such wall there was nasty popping of voxels, like voxel LOD. Its probably me doing (or not doing) something.

Anyway voxels wait for better material layers to be usable, because they are great.
    Last edited by Nawrot; 01-22-2019, 07:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nawrot
    does this plugin support importing from voxel paint programs, (which ones and import file types). I would like to know which voxel paint i should use?
    You can import from 3D Coat (marching cubes) and Magica Voxel (cubic). There's also a mesh importer but it's not perfect, a landscape importer and a spline importer.

can i use multiple voxel models (about 500-600) to create city? Each building will be separate blueprint or prefab.
    You can have instanced voxel assets in the world. Those aren't blueprints/UObjects though.

can i implement destruction for part of models, for eg. collapsing one wall of house?
    I'm not sure to see what you want here.

kmssn There's a flat landscape & a spherical one. However you can create any landscape you want using C++, and voxel graphs converted to C++ using the pro version can be used in the free version. Let me know if there's a more complex example you'd like to have in the free version.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    free version contains only 1 flat landscape?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am thinking of using this with Dungeon architect and Prefabricator plugins. Idea is to create set of buildings in one of voxel paint programs, then use all 3 plugins to create city out of voxel models.

So some questions before i buy pro version:
    - does this plugin support importing from voxel paint programs, (which ones and import file types). I would like to know which voxel paint i should use?
    - can i use multiple voxel models (about 500-600) to create city? Each building will be separate blueprint or prefab.
    - can i implement destruction for part of models, for eg. collapsing one wall of house?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Maydie You can use the SetVoxelActorId node in your voxel graph. However I'm aware it's still pretty limited for now, gonna improve that soon

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I bought the pro version hoping that there was more control over where the assets spawned. It looks like they just spawn in a random seed only? Is there any way to spawn static meshes for example based on the perlin noise that the voxel terrain is using? I want to have trees areas based on values from the voxel graph as well as mining nodes etc... I want it to be more controlled.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X