Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blueprint + Cascade Fireworks system for my peeps!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blueprint + Cascade Fireworks system for my peeps!

Hey all!

I'll keep it brief, because I already wrote a ton on my blog if you really want to know more. Basically. I always make some fireworks in whatever game engine I'm working in, because I love fireworks. Duh.

Well, i went a bit mad with UE4 and made them into blueprints that can be customized and launched and all sorts of stuff and I thought they would be really helpful if I released them to the community to learn from, so I did!
    Cheers, and please let me know if you run into any issues or have any suggestions!

PS: I'm working on the sounds, but I'm having trouble getting a good delay to happen using the default sound cue nodes. Anybody want to make me a Distance Delay node?

UPDATE: A new, and improved system is up on the Trello page for voting! Help me get these into the marketplace!
    Last edited by Tom Shannon; 09-23-2014, 03:02 PM.

Super awesome...thanks for sharing....

Streams: www.Twitch.tv/BlinkTheory
    Patreon: www.Patreon.com/BlinkTheory

Comment

This is a great job and thank you again for the community, I think analyze
      your work for my own experience.

my youtube channel is :
      https://www.youtube.com/user/Meletou1/featured

Comment

That looks great! Very realistic.

Comment

We were really impressed, well done.

Comment

Fantastic job Tom! Definitely going to have to give this a shot. Keep up the great work!

Comment

I like this, especially the flash when they pop. Smiled like I was a kid again for the first time watching fireworks.
              Isaac Nichols
              Game Developer & Music Producer - Threaded Pixel Studios
              Currently working on Drones & Ruins a Sci-Fi twin-stick shooter.

Comment

ah awesome! thanks tom....again! I got them off you before too. such perfect looking fireworks!

Comment

Looking good! I can image the rockets being repurposed for RPG-like projectiles
                  Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-Source)

Comment

This looks very cool, thanks for sharing!

Comment

Thanks everybody! I'm glad everybody likes it so much
                      Tom> Indeed! The shell BP uses the projectile movement and could easily be extended to deal with collisions and deal damage, etc. I was really happy to see that the projectile physics system was very real-world accurate, at-least mathematically.

Comment

Hey Tom, Thanks for the share!

My goal is to get much better with blueprints so I wanted to see if I could reproduce your example on my own... well, I have a few questions! hah. I see that I have a LOT yet to learn.

There are 4 blueprints, but I cannot find what triggers the launch event (or Explode event for that matter). Where are the button presses that launch each firework? I expected them to either be in the default of FireworksPC or in a BP event graph with a key inputs but couldn't find that anywhere.

I see Shell Properties, and Burst Properties. I can almost get how they work, but I don't know how you made them.

I'll probably have more questions since this is one of the best/relevant to me BP's I've found. I want to really dissect it. Thanks again!
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by daveSchoneveld; 09-04-2014, 06:33 PM.
                        www.youtube.com/user/destruct007

Comment

if you click on blueprints, and open the level blueprint you'll find more.

Comment

those are 2 of the 4 I was talking about.
                            www.youtube.com/user/destruct007

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	toolbar_level_editor.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	1056298 I mean this level blueprint.

Comment

Working...
                              X