Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blueprint Radio for Learning Purposes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Blueprint Radio for Learning Purposes

    Me and a friend made this a while back for a project that we are no longer doing, so we decided to release it to the community for learning purposes, please note that it is not perfect but its a good example of how to make complex blueprints.
    Model and texture work was done by myself and you have full rights to use it in your project if you wish along with the blueprint itself.





    Unfortunately we are unable to provide any audio apart from the static so i have connected up the "starter music" to all stations, feel free to change in the blueprints components.

    Please note this is a 4.3 project.
    DOWNLOAD (sorry for large file) : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwc...it?usp=sharing

    #2
    Wow this is great thank you.
    I'm still learning UE4 and this will definitely be a resource I will use to learn blueprinting
    https://madderstudios.wordpress.com/

    Comment


      #3
      Howdy Divinitize,

      Fantastic work on your Radio Blueprint. I am going to have to implement this into a project when I get the chance. Keep up the great work!

      Comment


        #4
        Awesome, thank you!

        Comment


          #5
          Very instructive, thanks!

          Comment


            #6
            hello, firstly I would like to thank you a lot for your contribution
            However, Im currently working on UE4 4.2 version. Because Im a student and I couldn't resubcribe continously
            I really hope that you can provide your work for my UE version. I think there is a convert project option in the launcher ?

            Thank you again for your amazing work.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by v36372 View Post
              hello, firstly I would like to thank you a lot for your contribution
              However, Im currently working on UE4 4.2 version. Because Im a student and I couldn't resubcribe continously
              I really hope that you can provide your work for my UE version. I think there is a convert project option in the launcher ?

              Thank you again for your amazing work.
              I'll see what i can do about getting a 4.2 version setup, it wont be until later on in the day though so hang tight, ill edit the post tonight.

              Comment


                #8
                This is awesome!

                I noticed the static is at full volume when you walk away, unlike the music. Couldn't fix it. I figure, you'd take the 3d sound result volume and the static is then the inverse, (1 - volume). Easier to do in code I guess.
                Last edited by Archibold; 07-27-2014, 01:59 PM.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Archibold View Post
                  This is awesome!

                  I noticed the static is at full volume when you walk away, unlike the music. Couldn't fix it. I figure, you'd take the 3d sound result volume and the static is then the inverse, (1 - volume). Easier to do in code I guess.
                  My apologies, unfortunately some little things like this always get through, however it's a lot simpler to fix than you stated,

                  simply follow these instructions on WNOISE audio in the components tab.




                  Thanks.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Divinitize View Post
                    simply follow these instructions on WNOISE audio in the components tab.
                    Brilliant. It works. One more thing, if you want to look into it- I can't go back and tune the radio again. I added the R key in the blueprint, so I go in and tune the radio with R.. come back out of that, and it's not happening with F. No red blueprint events in the graph. If I was programming this it would be easy to see, and that's why I like c++. But this blueprints thing is confusing. No key down event- that never happens in c++.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Archibold View Post
                      Brilliant. It works. One more thing, if you want to look into it- I can't go back and tune the radio again. I added the R key in the blueprint, so I go in and tune the radio with R.. come back out of that, and it's not happening with F. No red blueprint events in the graph. If I was programming this it would be easy to see, and that's why I like c++. But this blueprints thing is confusing. No key down event- that never happens in c++.
                      I just checked and it seems that this bug is being caused by both enable and disable input. When we first used this we had a trigger box to allow and disable input once we entered it, this would prevent us from activating the radio from across the other side of the level, and for releasing it we removed it. So if you wish to carry on using this the way it is, without needing a trigger box then use the following adjustments.



                      Remove both enable and disable input from your current blueprint and add the following section i have highlighted in green.

                      If there is anything else i can assist you with, don't hesitate to ask.
                      Last edited by Divinitize; 07-28-2014, 10:35 AM.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Divinitize View Post
                        I just checked and it seems that this bug is being caused by both enable and disable input. When we first used this we had a trigger box to allow and disable input once we entered it, this would prevent us from activating the radio from across the other side of the level, and for releasing it we removed it. So if you wish to carry on using this the way it is, without needing a trigger box then use the following adjustments.



                        Remove both enable and disable input from your current blueprint and add the following section i have highlighted in green.

                        If there is anything else i can assist you with, don't hesitate to ask.
                        Splendid. This has really helped me. I will try to use it well.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          This is really great, I downloaded it and am now taking a look through what you've made. The way the dials and station needle work is nice and simpler than I thought it would be.
                          Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
                          How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
                          Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Alexander Paschall View Post
                            This is really great, I downloaded it and am now taking a look through what you've made. The way the dials and station needle work is nice and simpler than I thought it would be.
                            We really appreciate it, it means a lot to our coder, this is one of his earlier pieces.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              The function after leaving the radio to get back into didnt work as you said yourself. i managed to find that on my own, other thing i noticed is that the movement speed is put back to a wrong speed when leaving the radio.
                              it is now set to 300 it is suppose to be 700.

                              i also added a hide character for myself cause i can see myself in First Person, and it sometimes stands in the middle of the screen when i enter the radio

                              but i have learned alot from this blueprint. really nice job its super clear what everything does +1 Highly Aproved
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	bf027b876c5f0eed03794462412abc21.png
Views:	1
Size:	753.8 KB
ID:	1112345

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X