[Plugin] Http/s REST, blueprintable JSON query and Parse API manager [VaRest]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm... okay, so I hit an issue, not sure why it is an issue BUT:
    I am trying to get a bunch of stars from a mysql databas, via PHP in JSON format to UE4.
    The webpart works, UE4 gets the data so everything works.

Up until I try to loop through the data UE4 received.
    SO the data is sent in the following format:
    {
    "stars": [
    {
    "n":"starname",
    "t":5000.0,
    "x":1,
    "y":1,
    "z":1,
    "v":1
    }
    ]
    }

the array has 5575 elements (stars)

an image of the blueprint:

so when it runs - it crashes UE4, nothing is printed (UE4 freezes before the crash) and then it tells me that I exceeded the max number of UObjects (set to 8+ million)
    In otherwords - how on earth is this creating 8+ million UObjects when it is supposed to loop no more than 5575 times?

Thanks
    Attached Files

Comment

I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much.
      https://www.zuaneducation.com/html5-training-courses
      Last edited by suvathi018; 06-22-2018, 07:41 AM.

Comment

I urgently need missing Linux binaries for 4.19.2.

They are missing, even when building from the github source. Please ASAP I have a live game with paying users relying on this.

Comment

Is it possible to convert an asset reference and store that as a string? Kind of like the "Export as JSON" for the datatables". And also then read the json string value and convert that back again to an actual texture reference.
          Edit: I got it working, had to do a few small c++ blueprintlibrary functions for this. Click image for larger version  Name:	Varest.png Views:	1 Size:	151.6 KB ID:	1632596
          Last edited by kjetilhj; 06-26-2019, 03:48 AM.

Comment

Amazing Plugin!
            I tried to create a full blueprint project Only using this plugin.But when I package / build, the error like "Visual Studio 2017 must be installed in order to build this target" showed up .How can I solve this problem?Thanks.
            Also when I tried to package IOS,these showed up:
            Remote compiling requires a server name. Please specify one in the Remote Server Name settings field.

How can I build/Package my project without Installing VS2017 or a MAC ?
            Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X