Clear All

Discord chat for UE4 devs

https://discord.gg/0zsHpwMGlprTPvtm

We already have over 2000 people using Slack:
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ine-developers

Comment

oh i didn't knew about it

Comment

I tried Discord and I didn't quite like it. I like Telegram because it has virtually no limit on upload size (discord has 8MB), it's available on more devices and platforms, and there is a reply function which discord lacks. There is no dedicated UE4 dev group but there is a gamedev and a graphics group. join the graphics group here and ask us to invite you to the gamedev chat.

Comment

Discord is excellent for voice chat, that's where it's strengths lie (for example, a game server with two teams can easily both hop into the same Discord server and have shared text chat, but separate voice chat channels that can be dropped in and out of freely).

Comment

could you explain me guys why you're outside discord?

Comment

Sweet, logging in now!

Comment

So many people, not so active? Or is it me?

Comment

There is another discord group with a bunch of the Discord Devs and Unreal Devs:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ine-developers
                  | QuinnVR | Portfolio | Twitter |

Comment

Just be sure to never reveal any personal information on Discord. The channels are heavily monitored and data is collected. You can do your own research on Google but it appears the guy who runs Discord has a history of spying and selling personal data

Comment

Originally posted by Wallenstein View Post
                      Just be sure to never reveal any personal information on Discord. The channels are heavily monitored and data is collected. You can do your own research on Google but it appears the guy who runs Discord has a history of spying and selling personal data
                      Wallenstein
                      Can you link to some quality articles about Discord privacy?
                      The 'Surveillance-Economy' wheel just keeps rolling rolling.
                      I'm down to about one App now.... Its called 'Signal'! - FTR!
                      Meanwhile Privacy Shield is coming under new scrutiny too...

Comment

Originally posted by franktech View Post

Wallenstein
                        Can you link to some quality articles about Discord privacy?
                        The 'Surveillance-Economy' wheel just keeps rolling rolling.
                        I'm down to about one App now.... Its called 'Signal'! - FTR!
                        Meanwhile Privacy Shield is coming under new scrutiny too...
                        I could but I would be banned from this forum. There have been documented cases where Discord has forwarded personal information to a group that specializes in doxing. Like I said, I can not say more here because I want to keep my account. You can either do your own research, believe me, or don't believe me, up to you. All I want to do is give people here a heads up. Whether you take my advise or not is your choice.

Comment

Wallenstein
                          Originally posted by Wallenstein View Post
                          I could but I would be banned from this forum. There have been documented cases where Discord has forwarded personal information to a group that specializes in doxing. Like I said, I can not say more here because I want to keep my account. You can either do your own research, believe me, or don't believe me, up to you. All I want to do is give people here a heads up. Whether you take my advise or not is your choice.
                          Banned.... Why? Epic is quite pro-privacy as corps go.
                          As long as the link isn't just some inflammatory Reddit...
                          If its not send me the link by PM, I don't mind posting it...
                          Privacy is too important a topic now to just self-censor...

Comment

Any updates on that link about discord? Id like to use the service, but I want to know Wallenstein knows...
                            Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build
                            bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce
                            bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. (Rich Cook)

Comment

I will NOT post anything here, but you can do your own research on the guy who runs discord and his history (OpenFeint just go to Wikipedia) and there are many articles by people claiming that the contents of their chat has been leaked.
                              Now I'm not saying you can't use Discord to talk to people about Unreal Bugs or Marketplace sets. what I'm saying is to NOT use your personal info there and to consider using a VPN

Comment

Working...
                              X