Different instances for menus and game itself

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different instances for menus and game itself

I was just playing and screen recording a match in Ironsight and I noticed my Nvidia Share's overlay kicks in and out. It still records the whole game though.
    Then I was told that its because the menus and the game runs on different instances.

What exactly does that mean? I know in UE4 you have to set up level streaming to have animated menus so I was wondering if that has something to do with it. Ironsight runs on the Iron Engine Wiple game's own in house game engine.

So those are just two different game instances that are set up one for menus and one for the game itself?

Comment

It almost seems like the menus in Ironsight works more like web pages than part of the actual game. Interesting. My Nvidia recorder saves the recording in a "Desktop" folder rather than in a "Ironsight" folder if I start to record too early. Interesting.

Comment

comment replyMy Nvidia Share screen recorder keeps bombing out from kladda5 via /r/Ironsight sent 2 hours ago show parent the game is in windowed mode until you join a match, then it turns into fullscreen, that might be why contextfull comments (3)reportblock usermark unreadreply

Just a note though. Windowed mode and full screen mode looks the same.

Comment

Working...
        X