Do I need a new GPU or what's up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I need a new GPU or what's up?

Hey I've been trying to get started but I can't really get anything done because of low fps and so on and on..

I thought it was my RAM,since 8GB was used at 100% so I just got some more.
    Still I'm on 4-10fps. I've set everything to low and it still wont get better.

Specs:
    Motherboard MSI 970 gaming
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7700
    CPU: AMD fx 8350 8 core 4ghz
    RAM: 2x4gig 2x8gig
    Power: Corsair 800 platinum

if I need a new GPU what do you recommend I'm used to look for GPUS for games not development.

If you can, invest in a entire new pc.Those specs are more or less the minimum even for a medium/complex work in unreal engine 3 so whats left for 4.New gpu will be bottle necked with that amd cpu.

Comment

Thank you for your reply!
      I'm actually going to make quite small projects ( not games )
      So do you recon I would survive with upgrading to a ryzen + a better graphics card? since I got a good power supplier and enough RAM already?
      I was under the impression an eight core processor was pretty good and maybe that it got overworked because of my bad gpu..

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme_m3 View Post
        Thank you for your reply!
        I'm actually going to make quite small projects ( not games )
        So do you recon I would survive with upgrading to a ryzen + a better graphics card? since I got a good power supplier and enough RAM already?
        I was under the impression an eight core processor was pretty good and maybe that it got overworked because of my bad gpu..
        The new ryzens are fine.Your amd cpu is 8 core 8thread and very old.So is your motherboard and ram modules.So new ryzens wll not work with your motherboard if that is what you were thinking on doing.Everything has to be changed.You cant save any part from your current setup.Probably only the psu, but i suspect you own that one since quite some time so if it was me, i wouldn't risk it and by a new psu.Everything new.

If its just small projects and a hobby i suppose you can search for a high end gpu from 2014 in order to avoid a bottleneck if you cant afford the investment of a new pc right now.But sooner or later you will still want more as you will face difficulties with ue4 operations.

Comment

Working...
        X