5G will Promote the Accelerated Development of VR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5G will Promote the Accelerated Development of VR

Now the world's most powerful companies are accelerating the development and layout of 5G networks, and even some countries have begun to sign 5G cooperation agreements with related communication companies.
    Let us imagine that if 5G can gradually replace 4G networks, the Internet of Things will become a common phenomenon.

For example, VR will it be explosively driven by 5G?

Image source: https://www.netclipart.com/isee/TmTJ...ld-clipart-vr/

Why would 5G help VR?

Comment

Because it can be a long time to paint and a popular topic.

Comment

Probably refers to the speed for online vr apps that are huge in size, but i don't buy the sales pitch just for that.In fact, this time i will put my teen foil hat on as there has been a lot of smoke lately which should be a indication of fire.
        I changed a few years ago to fiber optics and a cat 7 cable and my internet fails +someone with skills stealing my connection stopped.I also like to believe that i have removed part from the emf from my home

Comment

5G could be a big step for VR devices where processing is done remotely and then streamed to a 5G capable headset.
          UE4 Tutorials for 3rd person Blueprint project from scratch: Youtube Channel
          Use Blender 2.8 to make UE4 compatible animations: Blog

Comment

It wouldn't, streaming VR is not a good option

Comment

Starlink will be better and cheaper.
              Lower latency, higher bandwidth, but less stable ping/pong.

5G infrastructure gonna cost a massive fortune to build just in the US alone.
              | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

In an environment where you want absolute minimal latency, if 5G is cheap enough to be used on a home-scale, it could be feasible.

...but there are probably better alternatives.

Comment

Working...
                X