This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung or iPhone?

What phone do you prefer, iPhone or Samsung?
    iPhone
    18.75%
    Samsung
    81.25%

The poll is expired.

I have a Xperia sola, iphone 5, and a nokia lumia 510. I prefer the Xperia
    ///DevDreReid///

Comment

Samsung has many other devices that are compatible with Galaxy/Notes, I wont fail to mention Samsung VR.
      GOD of DREAMs: A Unique FTPS/RPG Sandbox MMO

Comment

It is quite simpe, if you want to make some bank payments etc from your phone, pick apple product.
        If you can live without anything that requires security get anroid device.

Android is much more open and has much less bs* in system, than ios. But there is price, I would not trust android device to be secure, while Ios is not perfect but i think much more secure.
        Everything else than security Android wins.

About that bs* in system: ios usually know better what you need and want, and its great as long as you want what ios is thinking you want. But i dare you to want something different. So this is how i define BS in Ios.

And about Ios vs Android security:
        I do not trust any mobile device to be secure, but Ios is much better than android here.
        For internet banking i am using VMWARE with installed Linux mint, and i am keeping all sensitive data on Truecrypt partition, and Iam not using that vmware image for anything else. I also restore that image every time i boot up VMWARE. Doing any cash operation on mobiles is just asking for trouble,

Comment

Originally posted by Nawrot View Post
          And about Ios vs Android security:
          I do not trust any mobile device to be secure, but Ios is much better than android here.
          For internet banking i am using VMWARE with installed Linux mint, and i am keeping all sensitive data on Truecrypt partition, and Iam not using that vmware image for anything else. I also restore that image every time i boot up VMWARE. Doing any cash operation on mobiles is just asking for trouble,
          The lengths you have to go to by yourself just to reclaim some privacy / security. Its insane...
          How long did this take to set-up? Jailbreak the Android. Install Linux / VMWare... Config time?

Comment

I am not using mobile for any bank operations, that vmware is installed on PC. It has separate hdd with just linux mint and vmware.

Comment

I have an iphone 6. I had an iphone 4 but it fell into a puddle in a rainy day (1 cm deep) and broke (yes, for real).

Im sick of apple, for real. I wont ever buy another phone from them. I have several reasons for that kind of thinking.

Iphones get slower each update, Apple basically forces or nags you to update or your apps wont be able to get updated. This means that your phone will be objetively slower year after year. Search for "iphone slow" in google trends, and compare it with "android slow" or "samsung slow". When apple releases a new phone, it starts adding new software and updates for that new phone, forgetting of the older one. That makes the older phone go slower every time you update. I have a family member with a iphone 3gs on IOS 4 or something. That phone is objetively faster than my own iphone 6.

Im sick to death of Itunes, i truly am. It has deleted my music collection 4 times, making me have to gather it again. It has deleted PDFs i downloaded for programming from my phone at syncing, it has broken my own savegames. I cant just copypaste music, photos, or books from the iphone to a PC, and that drives me mad. Also no emulators for games unless you jailbreak, in fact, not many interesting things unless you jailbreak. Oh, and it changes interface, to a worse one, way too often.

Iphone 7 has removed the phone jack. This is not a "innovative" move, this is plain greed. This way they sell their way too easy to lose wireless headphones, and you have to buy headphones with Lighting adapter (vendor lock in) or use adapters constantly. Android phones use USB, and they all do.

Im also annoyed at the plain greed apple has, and how hard they are trying to do vendor lock-in for developers. You need a macbook, wich are trash(for programming) to develop for a iphone. They created switch, a lenguage only for ios, to make it harder to have multiplatform apps. They created Metal and wont add Vulkan as graphics API for that exact same reason.

I would change my iphone 6 for a samsung in a heartbeat.

Also, the top tier samsungs have GearVR, wich is very fancy.

My recomendation is a samsung, hands down, basically becouse somehow Apple manages to make the iphones worse every year. Ive also heard really good things about huawei phones that are a lot cheaper, yet quite powerful.
              UDK and UE4 programmer and Unreal engine 4 betatester. Currently working on commercial VR games for PSVR.
              Deep knowlegde of C++ and blueprints. Open to freelance work.
              Games released, Deathwave(Steam), VRMultigames(Steam), DWVR(Steam,Oculus,PSVR):
              http://store.steampowered.com/app/463870
              http://store.steampowered.com/app/500360
              http://store.steampowered.com/app/520750

Comment

Samsung definitely
                | QuinnVR | Portfolio | Twitter |

Comment

I used to be a loyal iPhone user but pretty much what vblanco said, it clearly gets sluggish with each passing update. So I figured I wouldn't update it at all, and would keep the same fast os install. That should work, right? Well it mysteriously became slow to a crawl and crash prone leading up to the release of the newer model. Interestingly a study (by some university iirc) shows that searches about iphones feeling slow spiked significantly around the release of newer products.

Project Reverie Game | SEJonF.com | Twitter | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles Free Asset Demo | Ice Shader

Comment

If you want a phone that explodes get a samsung phone but don't take it on a plane as that's illegal now

Comment

I bought iPhone so i could release mobile game for ios (that sold whooping 3 copies), i thought why not i needed new phone anyway. After releasing that "game" for ios and android i decided to not bother with mobiles (100mb limit and unreal taking 90mb out of it) until i can put some actual assets into game without worrying about size. So few more years before i try mobiles again.

Currently i regret buying iphone for almost same reasons vblanko wrote. I live in iceland where some silly rain can ruin that overpriced piece of ####. My next phone will be at least waterresistant, unbendable with phone jack, usb and memory card slot.

Comment

samsung is better, easy to use

Comment

I like the sony phones.

Comment

Samsung since iphone is getting too expensive.

Comment

I love iPhone but the price is not practical anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X