Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[PAID] Pixel Perfect Polygons! The Most Popular Art Dev Solution in the UE4 Community!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tier 2 - High-Res Geometry Practice!

Last edited by CheapModeler; 08-21-2014, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Hey! I thought I sent you a PM, but apparently it didn't because it's not showing up in my sent items list... anyways, I wanted to know how much you would charge for a game ready character? Thank you!

Comment

Hello hello. You added your question directly to my profile rather than sending a private message. I'll shoot you a message privately very soon!

Comment

Oh, haha! My bad! Lol thanks!

Comment

I'm officially completely booked now and will be so for the near future. Thank you everyone for giving me the opportunity to work with you. You keep a roof over my head.

Comment

Originally posted by CheapModeler View Post
              Tier 2 - High-Res Geometry Practice!

If you're advertising freelance art services using other people's art content really isn't a good idea. If you're only posting to show the model you've made for it, you should make that absolutely clear.
              PSX Shaders | Gangster Weapon Pack | Free Weapon Pack | Various Free Models

Comment

My humble apologies! I stated this as practice for my Tier 2 level assets. It's not commissioned work. I made the wall working with a tutorial that was teaching me how to make geometry from textures. Thought I'd post it up anyway to show that I was working to improve myself. But you're right and in the future I will have to be more transparent about the work I'm showcasing.

I only posted it up because according to the noncommercial license on Game Textures I AM allowed to use their art asset towards my portfolio (which is basically what I'm using this thread as).

http://gametextures.com/blog/2011/07...rcial-license/.
                Last edited by CheapModeler; 08-28-2014, 01:42 PM.

Comment

All art content is my own!

Last edited by CheapModeler; 08-28-2014, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CheapModeler View Post
                    My humble apologies! I stated this as practice for my Tier 2 level assets. It's not commissioned work. I made the wall working with a tutorial that was teaching me how to make geometry from textures. Thought I'd post it up anyway to show that I was working to improve myself. But you're right and in the future I will have to be more transparent about the work I'm showcasing.

I only posted it up because according to the noncommercial license on Game Textures I AM allowed to use their art asset towards my portfolio (which is basically what I'm using this thread as).

http://gametextures.com/blog/2011/07...rcial-license/.
                    I would like to add to this I've been making basic models in zbrush (high poly stuff I can whip up in minutes). Then wanting him to make a low poly(game ready) version textured and uvd. He's always been able to pull off what I'm looking for, including shapes I wanted to be pretty close to exactly the same shape. This guy is top notch.

Comment

Thanks for backing me up crumbaker. It means a lot.

MUDDY ICE GROUND TEXTURE!

Last edited by CheapModeler; 08-31-2014, 02:09 PM.

Comment

****, that slush looks awesome. Those aren't just normals are they? I feel like there's some translucency, but I've always wondered how you get that viscous look, especially for the sauce on the dirty china plate. You can email or message me if you'd like to discuss it in private. Really like your stuff man.
                        Portfolio - https://www.artstation.com/artist/smessier
                        Tumblr - www.smessietches.tumblr.com
                        LinkedIn - www.linkedin.com/pub/stephan-messier/33/993/b14/
                        Email - smessierobjects@gmail.com

Comment

Will shoot you a message shortly Smessier!

CHARACTER CONCEPT ART!

Comment

Comment

I do like your character concepts.

cheers

Jay.
                              Portfolio Website - www.jforthdesigns.co.uk

Comment

Wow, this looks promising! Maybe I'll purchase a model or two for my project: SHADESMAN!!!!

- Part 1 takes place in an underground City in the future, so windows, pillars, hyper-tunnels and other random architectural bits are all possible, as well as hanging string lights for the LOVE SOLSTICE Celebration that gets crashed.
                                - Part 2 onward takes place in an alternate present-day (2012 prophecy storm), near the shoreline - tables, chairs, tudor and medieval architectural bits and reimagined infrastrutures are all game.
                                - Weapons, both futuristic and magical, are fair game.

Within a week expect me to get in touch with concept sketches for what I need; no rush however to pump out models as I want to finish this game by the end of next YEAR (earliest), and it's up in the air whether I keep it first person or change it to a sidescroller, the art-style, etc. It's a NOVEL forst and foremost and I'm still working on THAT after all.
                                Last edited by ShadesMaster; 09-03-2014, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X