No announcement yet.

Looking for a team so we can learn gamedevelopment together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have made a steam group to make communication easier, send me your steam id and i'l send you an invite, if you have an idea for something to work on you can post it there and we will vote for each idea.

Comment

Wow, I really like the momentum of this group.
      HeadlessStudios.com - S P A G H E T T I: Ninja Swords, Guns & Monsters & Other S**t! - Join Our Discord

Comment

Originally posted by TechLord View Post
        Wow, I really like the momentum of this group.
        Me too, I always lusted for such a community. We shouldn't let this die, we need to communicate better, either join Zeldhoron's Steam Group* or we should form something in Google+ or Skype, Epic Chat is no good.

*Send me or Zeldhoron your Steam ID'S via PM here and we shall invite you, since Zeldhoron made it invite-only.

Comment

Words of encouragement at this point. I would also urge keeping the communication within the UE4 Forums. Start-ups of this nature tend to rapidly deteriorate once leaving the Mothership. Additionally, the Forum has World-wide Persistence, Supported by Epic, Accessed by Experienced Game Devs who can offer invaluable advice and New Game Devs who can learn from the discussion or join.

I like labels Has a Team/Project Name been determined? Has a decision been made on Game Genres and Themes?
          HeadlessStudios.com - S P A G H E T T I: Ninja Swords, Guns & Monsters & Other S**t! - Join Our Discord

Comment

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I didn't want to leave the mothership, just a more comfortable platform for attendees to chat and discuss the details. Of course the group would keep deep presence here. I am just complaining about Epic Launcher's chat. It needs some improvements.

Not much has been determined, though in the steam group (of three people yet) some FPS ideas were discussed. Nothing set in stone.

Comment

In addition to what Trebgarta said.
              There's 5 people in total at the moment. I also added a discussion recently where we can share GitHub or any other source control repositories. This allows us to quickly see someone's published work and browse the code to learn something.
              BP/C++ Programmer
              Main developer of Ascension Of Heroes. @AscensionOfHeroes

Comment

We're currently waiting on response of someone (for one more day) then we wil decide which project idea we will go with and set up source control to start working. We moved the general communication (talking about the project, saying hi, discussion things, and so on) to steam to track everything better, in UE forums stuff like ideas etc would dissapear in the stream of posts and so on, once we have started we will create a thread in the WIP section of the forum to tell evryone about our project & ask for help and so on. At the moment we have 6 people and 3 ideas that we could work on. If you are intrested (to join or to give advice or to take a look, anything at all) you can still join (and later on also) by sending me a message on the UE forums with your steam id.

Comment

hey,
                  i am from torque 3d forum. now moving to ue4.
                  although i am still very new in ue4.
                  but as a programmer i have worked in 2 MMO and several torque 3d and unity based project.
                  once I get familiar with ue4 then i also will be able to help as ue4 programmer.
                  both on gameplay and engine side coding.
                  UpWork Portfolio
                  UE4 Portfolio

Comment

Hello, I am interested in joining your team. I have done some network&HUD programming in unity + a few tiny C++ and C# apps. Currently I'm learning BP but I already have some experience with flowgraphing in CE3, so I do believe that it won't take long till I will be able to work with it fluently. After that I would like to learn more of the API since I also really want to use C++

Comment

Send me your steam id and i will add you to the team

Comment

done.. check your pms, please

Comment

I love to make shading, atmosphere and light. So if I can join it would be nice. I have problems with my internet though. So steam is not working (because of IPv6), but skype is. I'll send you a pm Zeldhoron.

Comment

I am new to development but I have a lot of knowledge with audio. Please add me on unreal: elijahlucian or email me: elijahlucian@gmail.com

Comment

greetings! - I'm currently trying to assemble a team to start getting into UE4 together as well (as many others here) however - I think we could maybe team up, throw the ressources together and learn from each other and from the overall experience of creating such a project. As of now, I am open to any and all project ideas and would do my best to drive it towards completion, regardsless of genre.

I have hands-on games industry experience, professional QA and 3years as a freelance webdesigner. I'd like to step in as a Product/Project Manager with secondary skills to create blueprints, level & game design. In addition, I'd like to offer the team access to various project management and collaboration tools in the cloud, used by industry professionals, which I have licensed for a small to medium sized team.

Just send me a PM if you'd like to talk a bit more about teaming up
                              - Cheers, Wrongway

Comment

Hi all,
                                any progress here?

Comment

Working...
                                X