No announcement yet.

Ninja Stealth Game Animator 3D 20% profit share Applying for Funding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONTRACT/ROYALTY] Ninja Stealth Game Animator 3D 20% profit share Applying for Funding

Tenchi The First Ninja

Hi,
    Me and my team are looking to hire an animator based on a 20% profit share. We are looking to create animations to finish a demo level which we will use to apply for funding and Epic Mega Grants. We have a scenario planned that requires animation work. This contract also includes general animation for the game beyond the demo level and will also allow the chosen candidate to switch to a contract role if they so choose after funding is successful (otherwise it will remain profit share).
    Animation work is to be carried out on the Mannequin Character Skeleton.
    The contract to be sent to candidates will contain more details about the profit share.

Team Structure:

Me: Lead Programmer, Designer
    Beck: 3D Modellor (Contract)
    Squash(Discord Handle): 3D Modellor (Contract)
    Aiken Pe Yeng: 3D Character Modellor, Character Concept Artist
    Sri: Level Designer

Email:shinobidevelopment@outlook.com
    Discord:Tenchi#8588

You have 3 3D Modeler's and none of them can animate/rig? I would love to help you however you don't need another modeler really. you need to buy some udemy courses in the current modelers software and have them learn how that is something that goes hand in hand with 3d modeling

Comment

Originally posted by Invader Studios View Post
      You have 3 3D Modeler's and none of them can animate/rig? I would love to help you however you don't need another modeler really. you need to buy some udemy courses in the current modelers software and have them learn how that is something that goes hand in hand with 3d modeling
      Thanks for the advice.
      I struggle to understand why they cannot rig and animate. Do you recommend any specific courses.
      Also two of those modellors are on per piece contracts and one is leaving to start work with a studio. If you are interested I'd love to have someone on board who can both model and animate.

Comment

Originally posted by ahuss View Post

Thanks for the advice.
        I struggle to understand why they cannot rig and animate. Do you recommend any specific courses.
        Also two of those modellors are on per piece contracts and one is leaving to start work with a studio. If you are interested I'd love to have someone on board who can both model and animate.
        https://www.udemy.com/topic/3d-rigging/

there are lots of tutorials out there free and paid

Comment

Hope you know that rigger is a profession as is animator as is modeller as is texture artist - it's like saying why cant a programmer make a website as well as program game mechanics. It's not often a matter of they can't but their existing task is already extensive. Even modellers can be broken down to environmental, prop and character.

Comment

Originally posted by Djinghis View Post

Hope you know that rigger is a profession as is animator as is modeller as is texture artist - it's like saying why cant a programmer make a website as well as program game mechanics. It's not often a matter of they can't but their existing task is already extensive. Even modellers can be broken down to environmental, prop and character.
            I have worked in the industry for 22 years I am well aware of rigger and animators being a profession, however in indie development and that with a small budget you need men of many talents... since hiring each title is expensive... Personally, my rate is 32$/hr... now imagine hiring an animator, modeler, rigger, etc... not on any indie games budget... this is why as an indie studio you need people that can do all of the above... this project being royalty based also if each position needs to be filled like this everyone makes less money.

Comment

I have worked in the industry for 22 years I am well aware of rigger and animators being a profession, however in indie development and that with a small budget you need men of many talents... since hiring each title is expensive... Personally, my rate is 32$/hr... now imagine hiring an animator, modeler, rigger, etc... not on any indie games budget... this is why as an indie studio you need people that can do all of the above... this project being royalty based also if each position needs to be filled like this everyone makes less money.
              22 years in the industry / 32$/hour / have your own studio?

In your wealth of experience high hourly rate and strong opinions on what ppl should know and learn, it makes it hard to understand why you are here. Your hourly rate to indi project argument doesn't hold weight when this clearly is a royalty project.

learn how that is something that goes hand in hand with 3d modeling
              This still is a contentious thing to say. For example - Photoshop does photo restoration but illustrators don't need to know that skill. 3DS does Auto-CAD but character designers don't need to know how to design furniture. It's easy to come on and say - oh you need to learn how to do it - off you go (that's my charity for the day)

Comment

There is always Mixamo...
                2 minutes to upload a character and download a rigged version... then a couple of thousand animations to choose from for free download...
                If you are looking to complete a demo level I am sure there should be something there for you to use.
                Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Djinghis View Post

22 years in the industry / 32$/hour / have your own studio?

In your wealth of experience high hourly rate and strong opinions on what ppl should know and learn, it makes it hard to understand why you are here. Your hourly rate to indi project argument doesn't hold weight when this clearly is a royalty project.

This still is a contentious thing to say. For example - Photoshop does photo restoration but illustrators don't need to know that skill. 3DS does Auto-CAD but character designers don't need to know how to design furniture. It's easy to come on and say - oh you need to learn how to do it - off you go (that's my charity for the day)
                  Where did I say I have my own studio... exactly don't twist what you read to fit the agenda I am a 3d artist, but I still know how to use photoshop to the concept while they might not be great I still know the fundamentals of it... if you use 3ds max you should know the tools you have at your disposal, you might not be good at the skill but you have an understanding how they work at least... animation and rigging basics are easy. dor example he has "Aiken Pe Yeng: 3D Character Modeler, Character Concept Artist" this guy should know the basics of setting a rig and basic animations up
                  Last edited by Invader Studios; 04-13-2020, 05:14 PM.

Comment

It is a benefit to have someone that can do 3D modeling and animation, but only knowing how to do 3D modeling is fine. And honestly it's not a simple thing of just learning how to animate, it takes practice like anything does so sure you can ask your artist to learn how to do it but it's going to take time for them to do that if they're at all interested in learning that skill.

Comment

I have some simple observation.
                      You already have 5 people on your team, and yet you offering 20% share to new person. Also there is nobody listed for sound or FX programmer\artist. So maybe that 20% is not quite accurate.

Comment

Thank you everyone for your input.
                        Invader Studios darthviper107 Thanks for the udemy link.
                        I agree with what you say. I believe it is due to most people (or atleast the ones working with me) don't want to learn these skills. It is also impossible to hire people per skill on an indie project with such low budgets.
                        This being a profit share doesnt negate that, there's only so much profit to share and there is always the real possiblity that there will be 0 income to share.
                        Nawrot I have 5 people but the modellors are on per piece contracts. These were being funded by my own day job.

Comment

Well good luck to you ahuss, but I believe you've taken bad advice that's going to set your project back 4 months while your 3d modellers learn animation (which is not as easy as you think) and considering your modellers are on a contract basis it makes little sense - are you going to pay them to learn this skill too?

Comment

Originally posted by ahuss View Post
                            Thank you everyone for your input.
                            Invader Studios darthviper107 Thanks for the udemy link.
                            I agree with what you say. I believe it is due to most people (or atleast the ones working with me) don't want to learn these skills. It is also impossible to hire people per skill on an indie project with such low budgets.
                            This being a profit share doesnt negate that, there's only so much profit to share and there is always the real possiblity that there will be 0 income to share.
                            Nawrot I have 5 people but the modellors are on per piece contracts. These were being funded by my own day job.
                            Indeed, I wish you luck and hope you can find someone to get this done for you.

Comment

Invader Studios I'm happy to announce we have found our animator.
                              Djinghis I did not mean for it to come across as if I was going to pay and wait for my modellors to learn this skill in any way. Apologies for that.

Comment

Working...
                              X