Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why You Should Forget Everything You Learned About MMOs...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why You Should Forget Everything You Learned About MMOs...

Project Title
    Description GOD of DREAMS is a Next Gen 3D FTPS/RPG MMO Sandbox & Asset Store powered by UnrealEngine 4. It was originally intended to be an Interactive 3D Playground to highlight TheGameDevStore.com Modular Assets. But, As Game Developers, we wanted to put more emphasis on 'Game'.

GOD of DREAMS draws inspiration from Playstation Home, Garry’s Mod, The Sandbox, VR Chat, Kingdom Hearts, and several FPS games. Built on a Multiplayer FTPS/RPG ‘Game Framework’providing several popular FPS Game Mode presets using modular game mechanics (Mutators), Players collaboratively construct Environments and Entities, play testing assets during game-play.

Players create and host “Dreamworlds” game world simulation servers to intermix different Themes, Art Styles, Game Mechanics. Dreamworlds are interconnected via “Transportals” in which Players transfer between Dreamworlds individually or in groups.

With this network architecture GOD of DREAMS will introduce the concept Game World Simulation Interaction (that is, to communicate data, and to synchronize actions), allowing different Game World simulations to dynamically merge content, game mechanics, players, etc. Players will be able to clone, modify, combine, extend sections of existing DreamWorlds to create new ones.

Traditional Games lock the content into their game world. Our Game, extends the content beyond our game world. Players can purchase any of the digital content within the game worlds for download/use on-demand at anytime.

Features:
    1. MMO (1000+ concurrent Users).
    2. FTPS/RPG Game Core.
    3. Full-service Shopping Mall/Marketplace.
    4. VR Support.
    Team Name HEADLESS DREAMERS
    Talent Required We're building a in-house Content Creation Team to support the Game and promote the concept of Modular Asset Modding to new Vendors joining the Community.
    State. Seats. Taken. Title.................... Tasks...................................................................................................................................
    OPEN 4 1 3D Character & Creature Parts Modelers Creates Character and Creature Basebody and Organic Parts & Accessories Attachments.
    OPEN 4 0 3D Mechanical Parts Modelers Creates Mechanical Parts Parts & Accessories Attachments.
    OPEN 4 0 Character Clothing/Armor Modelers Creates Clothing Sets for Character Creatures.
    OPEN 4 0 Character & Creature Animators Creates Organic and Mechanical Mesh Parts Animations.
    OPEN 2 0 Technical Artist Creates High Quality Materials for new and existing Assets. Proficient in UE4 Material.
    OPEN 2 1 Network Blueprints Gameplay Programmers Create Modular Game Mechanics and Subsystems.
    FILLED 1 1 Web API Developer HTTP, PHP, Javascript, MySQL (To assist with Custom API development; Wordpress API Experience a Plus).
    Compensation With our compensation plan, our Developers will generate high percentage royalty (70%+) in a shorter time-frame because they do not have to wait on a finished to game product to receive royalties.

This is far superior compensation model, compared to the traditional Royalty model that will only produce an avg 10% Royalty, if the product isevercompleted and published.

Our Compensation Plan
    • 70% commission from product (base) sales
    • 20% commission from Mod sales. No limit to the number of Mods.
    • 90% (70% + 20%) commission on your own Mod sales.
    • Receive 20% Discount on purchasing Mods from other Creators for your Base Products at ( 20% commission) by default.
    Website https://thegamedevstore.com
    Contact Live Chat: https://discord.gg/aznrkRF
    Email: admin@thegamedevstore.com
    Interested in MMO Development? Join here.
    Interested in selling Modular Assets? Register here.
    Last edited by TheGameDevStore; 08-03-2019, 04:41 AM.

• replied
    And that imo. is reason to not make big games as indie dev. You easily can waste years on project that will never be finished or if finished will not make much money. When you start technology that you use may be top of the line, but at some point you stop upgrading engine, and before you are ready to publish game that tech may be very outdated.
    For sure that's true. But you also have to enjoy working on simpler ideas or you'll give up just as quickly.
    You also have to be able to think 'Small and Big', to break big concepts down into simpler game ideas.
    Both are hard, especially starting out, as you've no idea how long things will take or your own real ability.
    Last edited by ClavosTech; 10-20-2019, 07:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post

It's extremely rare for that kind of project to ever work, even to get finished much less be any kind of success. There's too many problems, from lack of time to work on unpaid projects to lack of motivation to difficulty in getting good developers who would be interested in doing that, among many other things.
    Also, you can make a good game that doesn't make any money. Some of success is just due to luck and timing.
    And that imo. is reason to not make big games as indie dev. You easily can waste years on project that will never be finished or if finished will not make much money. When you start technology that you use may be top of the line, but at some point you stop upgrading engine, and before you are ready to publish game that tech may be very outdated.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    During the process of Learning how to DISSECT Models (a) in the new Blender 2.8 (b) to convert Singular Meshes into Modular Meshes for Hyper-bashing / Customization, and simultaneously benchmark Modular Character Optimization (c) with the new Skeletal Mesh Merge C++ Plugin I just learned to write (d),

I discovered ...

How to Import UE4 Mann from Blender Without Extra 'Root' Bone.
    1. In Outline, Select Root.
    2. RMB Select Hierarchy.
    3. File > Export FBX
    4. In Export FBX Settings >
      1. Main Tab > Check Selected Objects
      2. Geometry Tab > Uncheck Apply Modifiers
      3. Amatures Tab > Uncheck Add Leaf Bones
      4. Animation Tab > Check ALL
    5. Name File and Select Export FBX

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Aquarian Rising View Post

I realize that one would ideally pay fellow developers as they work on a project for/with one, but I'm not convinced that model need always be applied. Assuming it can be agreed upon at the onset of a project, hungry devs looking to get their teeth wet can sink them into a small or medium-size project and agree to a share of all earnings from said project. Of course there's a risk of the end result not earning much, but ultimately the quality of the underlying game concept and the production of assets, etc., are what will determine the success of the game, and these are very much factors under the control of those responsible for their creation. Anyhow, clicked to these posts from another thread where TechLord had linked to it. Saw this comment, felt I should give my two cents, whatever that's worth.
    It's extremely rare for that kind of project to ever work, even to get finished much less be any kind of success. There's too many problems, from lack of time to work on unpaid projects to lack of motivation to difficulty in getting good developers who would be interested in doing that, among many other things.
    Also, you can make a good game that doesn't make any money. Some of success is just due to luck and timing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Amelia_P View Post

I'd love, but it's out of my budget... yet.
    I realize that one would ideally pay fellow developers as they work on a project for/with one, but I'm not convinced that model need always be applied. Assuming it can be agreed upon at the onset of a project, hungry devs looking to get their teeth wet can sink them into a small or medium-size project and agree to a share of all earnings from said project. Of course there's a risk of the end result not earning much, but ultimately the quality of the underlying game concept and the production of assets, etc., are what will determine the success of the game, and these are very much factors under the control of those responsible for their creation. Anyhow, clicked to these posts from another thread where TechLord had linked to it. Saw this comment, felt I should give my two cents, whatever that's worth.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Integrating Skeletal Mesh Merge Plugin to support performant mass customization in real-time.
    Last edited by TechLord; 10-19-2019, 04:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How to develop a FTPS/RPG MMO Sandbox single-handedly...
    1. Incorporate Procedural Generation/AI Everywhere Chatbox/Dialog, 3D Content: Landscape, Architecture,: Generative Design, Animation, Music:1, Voice, Machine Learning for Bot Behaviors.
    2. Outsource Content Creation to Players --> in-game Collaborative tools for rapid content assembly.

Last edited by TechLord; 10-03-2019, 02:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied

"Voice of an Angel"
    Incorporating Text-to-Speech/Speech-to-Text Powered by Google WaveNet Technology.

To be used in Story Narration, Dialogues, Voice Commands, and much more.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    WordPress Online Subsystem API for HTTP (WooSaH)

WordPress Online Subsystem API for HTTP - Wordpress/Woocoomerce Powered Online Subsystem Services for Games featuring User Authentication, Presence, Server Presence & Matchmaking, Friends, Tournaments, Store, Licenses.

I could not locate an equivalent Console Command or Blueprint to get Dedicated Server IP & Port. So this feature will be part of WoOSAH (OSS) C++ Plugin.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Djinghis View Post
    Community/Looking for Talent?/job Offerings...?
    I'd love, but it's out of my budget... yet.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TechLord View Post

Thanks for the recommendation Amelia_P,

I updated my NVidia Drivers and installed GeForce Experience. Sadly, my video card is too old...

Click image for larger version

Name:	mygeforce.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	215.5 KB
ID:	1658747

Aw, so that's the reason your FPS is dropping. But, you can take advantage of it. If you develop a game with this specs, more players will be able to play your game (you know, not every player is a hardcore player tech head with a 10,000 machine to play games ^^)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Community/Looking for Talent?/job Offerings...?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    HTML Application + Batch Hybrid Form Launcher (Windows)

*.bat File Example
    Code:
    <!-- :: BATCH SECTION
    eCHo off
    color F0
    mode con: cols=64 lines=16
    goto beginform

::HTML Application + Batch Hybrid Form Launcher v1.0
    ::GOD of DREAMS FPSRPG Creation Sandbox Multiverse Online
    ::https://TheGameDevStore.com Game Asset Modding Community Marketplace
    ::Specializing in Modular Assets and Kitbash for Game Development
    ::Become a Vendor https://thegamedevstore.com/v2/my-account/

::REFERENCES:
    ::HTA Input Forms" in Batch files by Antonio Perez Ayala aka Aacini, Aug/08/2015
    ::  https://www.dostips.com/forum/Hiewtopic.php?t=6581
    ::    http://www.dostips.com/forum/Hiewtopic.php?f=3&t=6581&p=42362#p42362
    ::http://www.quackit.com/html/tags/html_input_tag.cfm
    ::https://wiki.unrealengine.com/How_To_Test_Dedicated_Server_Games_Via_Commandline
    ::https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/Programming/Basics/CommandLineArguments/index.html

:beginform
    cls
    if exist HTML del HTML
    :formbody
    set /p "=GOD of DREAMS Net Launcher v1.0..." < NUL
    call :Form result= 0 0 512 512
    call :RadioButton /H "NetRole" "Server" /H "NetRole" "Host" "NetRole" "Client"
    call :Textarea /H 2 32 "EditorPath" "%UE4EDITOR%"
    call :SetEnvarButton "EditorPath"
    call :Textarea /H 2 32 "ProjectPath" "%UE4PROJECT%"
    call :SetEnvarButton "ProjectPath"
    call :Textarea 2 32 "ServerDNSPort" "god.servegame.com:7777"
    call :Textarea 2 32 "APIHandler" "https://assmod/wp-content/plugins/WoOSAH/inc/api.php"
    call :Inputfield 32 "MapName" "LevelOne"
    call :CheckBox /H "Options" "Windowed" "Options" "Log"
    ::call :Inputfield /H 8 "ResX" "800"
    ::call :Inputfield 8 "ResY" "450"
    call :Submit /H
    echo "%result%"
    call :%result%
    timeout 3
    :endform
    goto :EOF

==================================================================================
    ::This is :HTA-Form Form subroutine; include from this point until EOF in your code
    ::Don't forget to also copy *the first line* in this file!
    ::
    ::Orginally developed by Antonio Perez Ayala aka Aacini,
    ::Modified by Frankie Techlord Taylor 08/24/19

:Form result= col row width height
    ::setlocal EnableDelayedExpansion
    :: result=
    set "res=%1" & shift
    :: col row width height
    set "pos=%1 %2 %3 %4"
    exit /b

:Button name value ...
    if /I "%~1" equ "/H" (set "ver=" & shift) else set "ver=<br>"
    set /p "=<input type="button" onclick="radiobox('%~1=%~2')" value="%~2">%~1%ver% " >> HTML < NUL
    shift
    shift
    exit /b

:RadioButton name value ...
    set "button=%~1"
    if not defined button goto endButton
    set "checked="
    set /p "=<label><input type="radio" name="%~1" onclick="radiobox('%~1=%~2')" value="%~2">%~2</label>%ver% " >> HTML < NUL
    shift
    shift
    if "%~1" neq "" goto  RadioButton
    :endButton
    exit /b

:CheckBox name value ...
    set /p "=<input type="checkbox" name="%~1" onclick="checkbox('%~1=%~2')" value="%~2">%~2&nbsp;%ver%" >> HTML < NUL
    shift
    shift
    if "%~1" neq "" goto CheckBox
    exit /b

:Inputfield maxlength id value
    if "%~1" neq "" (set maxlength="%~1") else set "maxlength="
    set /p "=<label>%~2</label>: <input type="text" id="%~2" onclick="textbox('%~2='+document.getElementById('%~2').value)" onchange="textbox('%~2='+document.getElementById('%~2').value)" value="%~3" %maxlength%>%ver%" >> HTML < NUL
    exit /b

:Password maxlength id value
    if "%~1" neq "" (set maxlength="%~1") else set "maxlength="
    set /p "=<label>%~2</label>: <input type="password" id="%~2" onclick="textbox('%~2='+document.getElementById('%~2').value)" onchange="textbox('%~2='+document.getElementById('%~2').value)" value="%~3" %maxlength%>%ver%" >> HTML < NUL
    exit /b

:Textarea rows cols name text
    set /p "=<label>%~3</label>: <textarea name="%~3" rows="%~1" cols="%~2" onclick="textbox('%~3='+document.getElementById('%~3').value)" onchange="textbox('%~3='+document.getElementById('%~3').value)">%~4</textarea>%ver%" >> HTML < NUL
    exit /b

:Submit [/H]
    set /p "=<button onclick="closeHTA();">Submit</button>%ver%<button onclick="exitHTA();">Cancel</button>" >> HTML < NUL
    call :GetHTAreply
    set "%res%=%HTAreply%"
    exit /b

:SetEnvarButton [/H] Envar
    set /p "=<button onclick="closeHTAwithVars('%~1');">Set</button>%ver%" >> HTML < NUL
    exit /b

:GetHTAreply
    set "HTAreply="
    for /f "delims=" %%a in ('(echo %pos% ^& type HTML ^) ^| mshta.exe "%~F0"') do set "HTAreply=%%a"
    del HTML
    exit /b

:SetEnVar var1 path1 ...
    echo Setting Envars
    echo %*
    set envar=%1
    shift
    :getEnVarLoc
    if "%~2" neq "" (goto appendEnVarLocShift) else (goto appendEnVarLocBreak)
    :appendEnVarLocShift
    set loc=%loc%%~1 & shift
    ::echo %loc%???
    ::pause
    goto getEnVarLoc
    :appendEnVarLocBreak
    set loc=%loc%%~1
    shift
    ::echo %loc%###
    ::pause
    :setEnVarLoc
    echo setx %envar% "%loc%"
    pause
    setx %envar% "%loc%"
    exit /b

:StartNetAgent result
    echo Starting Net Agent
    echo "%UE4EDITOR%\UE4Editor-Cmd.exe" "%UE4PROJECT%" %*
    "%UE4EDITOR%\UE4Editor-Cmd.exe" "%UE4PROJECT%" %*
    exit /b

:Error Message
    echo ERROR!!! %*
    goto formbody
    exit /b

:cancel
    echo Cancelled
    goto :EOF
    exit /b

-->

<HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <HTA:APPLICATION INNERBORDER="no" SYSMENU="no" SCROLL="no" >
       <link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Amatic+SC&display=swap" rel="stylesheet">
       <style type="text/css">
       body {
           background: white;
           background-image: url("GODofDREAMS.gif");
           color: black;
           font-family: 'Amatic SC', cursive;
           font-size: 32px;
           font-weight: bold;
       }
       </style>
    </HEAD>
    <BODY></BODY>
    <SCRIPT language="JavaScript">
    var fso     = new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject"),
       stdin   = fso.GetStandardStream(0),
       stdout  = fso.GetStandardStream(1),
       pos     = stdin.ReadLine().split(" "),
       winLeft = 0,
       winTop = 0;

window.moveTo(pos[0],pos[1]);
    window.resizeTo(pos[2],pos[3]);

document.title = "GOD of DREAMS Multiverse Online v1.0";
    document.body.innerHTML = stdin.ReadLine();

var options=[], keyvalue=[];

function checkbox(opt){
       keyvalue = opt.split("=");
       options[keyvalue[1]] = keyvalue[0];
    }

function radiobox(opt){
       options[keyvalue[0]] = keyvalue[1];
    }

function textbox(opt){
       options[keyvalue[0]] = keyvalue[1];
    }

function StartNetAgent() {

//Server UE4Editor-Cmd.exe "%UE4PROJECT%" LevelOne -server -game -log
       //Client UE4Editor-Cmd.exe "%UE4PROJECT%" open god.servegame.com:7777 -game -ResX=800 -ResY=600 -Windowed
       //OptKeys UE4Editor-Cmd.exe "%UE4PROJECT%" LevelOne?opt1=val1?opt2=val2

var cmd = "StartNetAgent ";
       var optkey = "";
       var errorcode = 0;
       var errormsg = "";

switch (options['NetRole']) {
           case "Server":
               cmd += options['MapName'] + " -server -game -nosteam";
               break;
           case "Host":
               cmd += options['MapName'] + "?listen -game -nosteam";
               break;
           case "Client":
               cmd += "open " + options['ServerDNSPort'] + " -game";
               break;        
       }

if (options['Windowed']=='Options') {cmd += " -Windowed";}

if (options['Log']=='Options') {cmd += " -log";}

//Validation
       if (options['MapName'] == undefined ) {
           errorcode = 1;
           errormsg = "MapName " + options['MapName'] + ". Click or Type MapName Field to SET. " + errormsg;
       }

if (errorcode>0) {
           window.alert( errormsg );
           return ("Error " + errormsg);
       }

return cmd;
    }

function SetEnvar(opt) {
       var cmd = "SetEnvar ";
       var varname = "";
       switch (opt)
       {
           case "EditorPath":
               varname = "UE4EDITOR";
               break;
           case "ProjectPath":
               varname = "UE4PROJECT";
               break;            
       }
       cmd += varname + " " + options[opt];
       return cmd;
    }

function closeHTA(){
       var reply = StartNetAgent();
       stdout.WriteLine(reply);
       window.close();
    }

function closeHTAwithVars(opt){
       var reply = SetEnvar(opt);
       stdout.WriteLine(reply);
       window.close();
    }

function exitHTA(){
       var reply = "cancel";
       stdout.WriteLine(reply);
       window.close();
    }
    </SCRIPT>
    </HTML>

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Amelia_P View Post
    Acquiring skills during the gameplay, like flying, is fun. Cool mechanic! (Your record video program is slowing down your videos? I'm using Shadowplay GeForce experience and it's smooth, having 0% of dropping my FPS rate. Many devs said it's terrible, but it works fine for me).

Thanks for the recommendation Amelia_P,

I updated my NVidia Drivers and installed GeForce Experience. Sadly, my video card is too old...

Click image for larger version

Name:	mygeforce.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	215.5 KB
ID:	1658747

Leave a comment:

Working...
X