No announcement yet.

[Unpaid] Project Pyrithian (Rts)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[UNPAID] [Unpaid] Project Pyrithian (Rts)

Project Title:
    Pyrithian

Description:
    The Player embarks on a medieval/Fantasy Driven World building bases, and armies to face the threats of each unique Story Driven Campaign, learning all there is to know about the World surrounding them. Combating common threats to monstrous enemies the Player will take all help he can get to conquer and maintain his hold.
    play as Goblins, humans, elves and orcs, and the machines (not named yet). All with different game play mechanics and specialties .
    Includes
    • 3rd Person View
    • Story Driven with Story Mode and Campaign Mode
    • Rpg Elements
    Influences:
    Lord of the Rings: War of the Ring, Warcraft 3, StarCraft 2, Age of Empires 1-2 and Mythology, Dota, and League of Legends

Team Structure:
    Cody "The Reaper" (Project Creator 1)
    Project management, Game Design, Story, Sound/Music, Blueprint Programming, Minimum Concept Art, Level Design, and (Secondary) Marketing.
    6 months Experience with A few years in Modding.
    Alex "The Smoke Dragon"
    Project management, Game Design, Story, Sound/Music (Primary), Minimum Concept Art, Level Design, and (Primary) Marketing.
    6months Experience with a few years in Modding.

Previous Work:
    Hobby Projects only

Goal:
    Our Goal is to have a up and ready Beta in 2-3 years. We are giving ourselves extra time to be able to make the best product we can.

Talent Required:
    3D Artist (1-2)
    • Expected to create Buildings, humanoid fantasy Units, Environment props and the like.
    • Stylized Experience A bonus
    AI Programming (1)
    • Is Expected to be able to implement a competitive Enemy AI that players fight in a RTS experience.
    • Bonus to be able to implement a smooth AI movement system for large unit groups with the like of Flow field, and boid behavoir.
    2D Artist (1-2)
    • PhotoShop Experience Required, Must have Program.
    • Expected to make Model and Building icons, Spell Icons, Item Icons, Cursors, And 2D UI Assets, And Environment Textures
    • The Art is Styilized
    • Bonus for making Concept Art for 3D artist
    Networking Programmer (1)
    • Expected to be able to get a decently smooth networking system in place for large amounts of units and high actions per minute in a Rts style game.
    Future Possibilities (No Promises)
    :
    We do have future goals (but no promises) of future contract work, Royalty Work and the like. With IndieGoGo campaigns and the like, but are currently not ready to do such a thing. So if unpaid work is not your desire we may be able to Hire you in the future, so just leave your contact information and in the future perhaps we will be able to contact you sometime.

Currently In Development

E-mail:
    Lighteagle8@hotmail.com
    Professional Email C
    urrently In Development
    Last edited by lighteagle8; 07-23-2019, 12:02 AM.

i dont think people like unpaid xd

Comment

No doubt on that. I wouldn't either.

Comment

Originally posted by GameSter Damian View Post
        i dont think people like unpaid xd
        GameSter Damian

There are Game Devs here that would participate in Unpaid Projects. I'm one of them, currently deeply invested into ExORION FTPS. I do think Project Scope and current Progress are considerations. But the greatest factor is the Game Concept. I enjoy FPS w/ Customizable Sci-fi Weapons and Giant Monsters, Mutants & Robots to battle. These factors attracted me to ExORION. Devs have to like the game concept to get involved. Not sure if RTS games are in season.

BTW, your Alien Days Project, should be prefixed with [ROYALTY] based on your Deal to split 70% of the money generated.

lighteagle8,

I have to be honest. From the description above the project has a very large scope. If starting from scratch, the tasks involved would be numerous. The perceptio: numerous tasks + no experience = too much work required to complete the project. No one would want to invest time, skill, money into a project, that is perceived to be large to complete.

However, you could offset that perception by reducing scope and showing progress of whats completed. There is plenty FREE content in the Marketplace to for a Two-person Team to start developing now. One of you have Blueprint Programming and thats the critical skill needed to develop the game mechanics. Perhaps you're recruiting too soon.

My first and only RTS experience was BattleZone 1998. That game was amazing to me. I would love to incorporate RTS mechanics from BZ98 in to ExORION as its a good way to deal commanding sci-fi military troops, but project is already ambitious enough as it is.
        GOD of DREAMs: A Unique FTPS/RPG Sandbox MMO

Comment

I see the post mentions UNPAID as the prefix, however I will just leave this here and maybe something can be worked out. (Royalty, Project Contacts, etc.)
          I've got a huge stockpile of assets like Barrels, Crates, Fences, Modular wood, stone, hand painted grass textures, Walls, Doors, Windows, Panels, Columns, Stairs, Characters, Weapons, Chests, Minion models, Some foliage, all licensed to me (Via Blender), just waiting to be used. I started a project that never got finished due to losing team members. It is also hard to find several people on the same page as far as end product style and goals, despite having an extremely competent team. This is all "Low Poly" and is intended to be minimal data for phone games or lower poly PC game - Possibly xbox marketplace.

Let me know

Assassin.jpg.73b83aeb0c09a1b6ee54f9a82ad6d9ad.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 11.25.30 AM.png

orc_Brt.jpg

Skel_War.jpg

unknown (2).png

unknown (4).png

unknown.png

Comment

Yeah it probably is to soon at the moment. Me and my cousin have started the project and have the camera work done, resource system, clock, game time, day and night cycle, basic unit movement and vehicle movement, marquee selection box, and basic construction. Perhaps I should only look for artists at the moment.

Comment

TechLord When do you think we should start looking then? To me it seems the art is what takes the longest which is why we were recruiting early so we don’t have a lot of down time on our end. Then again we can always write short stories, blog, and make music to advertise the game then I suppose (with that downtime)

Comment

Originally posted by lighteagle8 View Post
                TechLord When do you think we should start looking then? To me it seems the art is what takes the longest which is why we were recruiting early so we don’t have a lot of down time on our end. Then again we can always write short stories, blog, and make music to advertise the game then I suppose (with that downtime)
                Best time to recruit is when you have something to show. Show whatever you currently have working, Show previous Hobby Projects related to the new project. Use pre-visualization scenes in the UE4 editor/engine to help convey what your going for. For now you can use Free Stuff for placeholder.

Comment

RTS games are some of the most difficult to network, because of the bandwidth, and correction necessary. Because "floats" do not behave the same on different hardware, chips, compilers, compiler settings; you'll need to be careful. This is why RTS are normally done in custom engines with custom integer or fixed point based physics, with lockstep, and only network things like player inputs. Say your moving 64 bytes per unit per frame, multiply that by the number of frames, and unit numbers, and you'll quickly see why RTS are not easy to accomplish. You can reduce unit counts, you can use compresion to help, but you won't be able to get high unit counts without doing away with a lot of ue4's pre packaged physics and ai and networking. Also for AI (while i've not tested) I recommend not using trees but instead weights based on conditions (adding or subbing to a response based on different parameters). Or combining the two different techniques. Also if you want over a thousand units on the field consider using ECS to process game logic instead of polymorphism. Or at least study it's design and consider how some of the ideas of it can help. The main thing about rts games and cpu performance is keeping the necessary data in the cache, research a "cache line". But that's a bit overkill if you don't care to have high numbers. But the issues with networking still apply. Feel free to contact me for more cents :P And good luck. If you all decide to do away with the bulk of engine features and really attempt to fine tune this and get at least one more competent programmer I might jump on it for funzies. Just not been in a group that ever finished anything as of yet.

Comment

Originally posted by redhatdragon View Post
                    RTS games are some of the most difficult to network, because of the bandwidth, and correction necessary. Because "floats" do not behave the same on different hardware, chips, compilers, compiler settings; you'll need to be careful. This is why RTS are normally done in custom engines with custom integer or fixed point based physics, with lockstep, and only network things like player inputs. Say your moving 64 bytes per unit per frame, multiply that by the number of frames, and unit numbers, and you'll quickly see why RTS are not easy to accomplish. You can reduce unit counts, you can use compresion to help, but you won't be able to get high unit counts without doing away with a lot of ue4's pre packaged physics and ai and networking. Also for AI (while i've not tested) I recommend not using trees but instead weights based on conditions (adding or subbing to a response based on different parameters). Or combining the two different techniques. Also if you want over a thousand units on the field consider using ECS to process game logic instead of polymorphism. Or at least study it's design and consider how some of the ideas of it can help. The main thing about rts games and cpu performance is keeping the necessary data in the cache, research a "cache line". But that's a bit overkill if you don't care to have high numbers. But the issues with networking still apply. Feel free to contact me for more cents :P And good luck. If you all decide to do away with the bulk of engine features and really attempt to fine tune this and get at least one more competent programmer I might jump on it for funzies. Just not been in a group that ever finished anything as of yet.
                    Very nice Gamasutra Article on Building a Multiplayer RTS in Unreal Engine by Dru Erridge on 10/04/18 05:28:00 pm. Hits on some of the points mentioned above. Assume the multiplayer features function like other RTS games. I personally would develop RTS Networking features within the limitations of UnrealEngine's Network Replication Systems and leverage Epic's Online Services. May have to do something fancy with large unit counts. Particle come to mind.

Comment

@redhatdragon I'll let you know when we are farther ahead = ) While I am aware of these problems to come, I have no idea how to deal with them myself. I understand the words but no nothing of how to begin. Which is why I can't do it. As for now doing single player tell we can have a solution with someone to do it.

Comment

@TechLord I've read up on those before actually. But as I said I am still learning and no where ready for networking and the like.
                        Also the units would average 100 per player. Probably less and would not be replicated unless seen Through Fog of War.

Comment

Originally posted by lighteagle8 View Post
                          @TechLord I've read up on those before actually. But as I said I am still learning and no where ready for networking and the like.
                          Also the units would average 100 per player. Probably less and would not be replicated unless seen Through Fog of War.
                          Well from my experience developing Network Replication features in ExORION. You have to implement network replication upfront as it determines what, where, how blueprint classes events and variables are replicated. If you're the project lead and want this project survive after devs perpetually come and go, i recommend you learn a little of everything, especially UnrealEngine's Network Replication Systems. This is the only reason ExORION has survived.

In regards to handling 100 units per player. How many concurrent players? 100 x 64 = 6400 units. I would consider this mass of units as a hordes and swarms and think terms of group management and Particle Systems which are great for that.

Comment

@TechLord I have plans to switch to networking replication for Multiplayer but will look into it more. "
                            How many concurrent players?" i'd max it out to 6 players which would be 600 units. may have 8 players to 800.

Comment

@TechLord Just getting the basics down. I can make modifications to the blueprints as need be in future. but I am trying to learn more.

Comment

Working...
                              X