Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROYALTY] Tier based ocean survival game

Description:
    Start off at a large 'beginning' chunk which is full of tier 1 & 2 islands.Players have the choice of making a base on the island, farming up enough for a strong ship, or taking a risky route of creating your own ship. Players are also able to explore around each island and explore the specific tier loot either up on the surface, in the ocean or underground. Getting through each tiers "abyss" is quite the difficulty as players need to battle through storms, extremely big creatures, and waves which will all get in your way requiring skill, a good designed ship and teamwork.

To keep this short and sweet, I do have more if you're further interested in this project.

Includes:
    • 3D world with unique 'tier' islands
    • Online Multiplayer (players can host their own servers, or choose to do official)
    • First person (possibly third person later on)
    • Mix of high poly and low poly graphics
    Team Structure:

Strikeless2GO (Project Creator)
    C++/BP Developer - 2 years

Previous Work:

I've worked on many freelance projects as a C++/BP developer, have quite a bit of knowledge around UE4 and know how to manage a project.

Talent Required:

3D Artist (1/2):
    • Ability to export to FBX format.
    • Experience with UE4 toolset (bonus)
    3D Character Artist (1/2):
    • Expected to create, rig and animate player + creatures.
    • Experience with UE4 toolset (bonus)
    UI Designer(0/1):
    • Experience with widgets in UE4
    • Ability to design UI
    Sound Engineer(0/1):
    • Ability to make SFX, Music, etc..
    C++/BP Developer(1/2):
    • Minimum 1-2 years experience
    • Ability to use C++/BP in UE4
    Texture Artist(0/1):
    • Ability to design textures for characters, creatures, ground, etc..
    E-mail: strikeless2go1131@gmail.com
    Or if possible, private message me with your discord.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Strikeless2GO; 07-23-2019, 01:55 PM.

Still looking for the above

Comment

bump (10 char)

Comment

Originally posted by Strikeless2GO View Post
        Description:
        Start off at a large 'tier 1' island chunk and survive any players/creatures that get in your way. You have the choice of making a base on the island, farming up enough for a strong ship, or taking a risky route of creating your own ship. Players are able to explore around each island and explore the specific tier loot either up top, underground or in the ocean. Getting through each tiers "abyss" is quite the difficulty as players need to battle through storms, extremely big creatures, and waves which will all get in your way requiring skill, a good designed ship and teamwork.
        Hello Strikeless2GO,

Nice update to the Post. A few statements in the above quote peaked my curiosity.
        • Is the Game World on Earth, Future Earth, Alien Planet... is it SciFi Themed? Even if on Earth Modern day, the Islands themselves could be man-made, natural/man-made hybrid.
        • Farming to build a base and ships would definitely require in-game construction.customization system. For past 3 years, I've been scripting exclusively with Blueprints to develop a multiuser universal construction system.
        • "Extremely big creatures" I'm a huge fan of Giant Monsters.
        • Ship parts, Base parts, Creatures, etc will require lots of content. Do you intend to create all the content from scratch? Any opposition to using high quality Marketplace Assets?

GOD of DREAMs: A Unique FTPS/RPG Sandbox MMO

Comment

The game will take place on Earth. I liked how Subnautica implemented their creatures, was thinking similar but they come out of the water to attack. I'm not sure yet about the ship parts, etc.. but I might consider using marketplace.

Comment

Originally posted by Strikeless2GO View Post
            The game will take place on Earth. I liked how Subnautica implemented their creatures, was thinking similar but they come out of the water to attack. I'm not sure yet about the ship parts, etc.. but I might consider using marketplace.
            Sea Creatures from HP Lovecraftian and Greek Mythology are what comes to mind for me. Many great Monster Concepts for sea creature design in those. I'm developing a Monster Basher inspired by Spore Creature Creator...

ECHIDNA

Still curious how you're planning to design the islands as the Islands themselves could be man-made, natural/man-made hybrid. I do think man-made island concept offers something room for interesting island design. The floating Cities concept is inspiring. I can easily imagine abandoned / dilapidated floating city islands.

GOD of DREAMs: A Unique FTPS/RPG Sandbox MMO

Comment

We just filled a 3D Artist position! Still looking for the above

Comment

bump! 6 positions available

Comment

Working...
                X