Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Dystopia Simulator" needs Environment artist.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROYALTY] "Dystopia Simulator" needs Environment artist.

- PROJECT DYSTOPIA -
    ABOUT
    Our project aims to create an "Orwellian social survival game" set in a dystopian city of steel, glass and concrete. First person, multiplayer only, small open world (1 sqm) consisting of a handful of locations lined by narrow pathways.
    Our team consists of
    - 1 x Programmer/designer
    - 2 x 2D/concept artist
    - 2 x 3D artists
    - 1 x Level designer
    - 1 x Texture artist
    - 3 x Sound designer/musician (thank you, we have enough)

CURRENTLY IN DEMAND
    - 1 x environment artists
    - 1 x level designer

LEVEL DESIGN BRIEFING

- Tile-able, seamless and world-aligned materials are provided, along with a library of building parts, prefab sections, concept art and a small team of artists to cater to your needs. Please note that optimization is a concern, most areas are limited in size, and there are a handful of regulations to fallow to ensure multiplayer runs smoothly.
    - The objective is to create a maze-like, claustrophobic city with very little view of the sky, overshadowed by a dystopian/surreal atmosphere.
    - Fanatical devotion to Brutalist/modernist/industrial style architecture required.

ENVIRONMENT ART BRIEFING

- Create assets from concept art, or use your own imagination! Low-poly is fine for most assets, no need to texture, except in a few cases where I'll help.
    - Some assets will need rigging/animating. If you don't know how, again I can show you the way.
    - You will need to follow some simple regulations about origin points and dimensions of objects to make life easier for level designers.

GRAPHICS STYLE

SCHEDULE
    Progress on our project is best described as a series of game jams. You need not always be online and available, and don't be scared if nobody says a thing on discord for a week.

Anyone interested please add me on discord for further details:
    Stefan#0328
    Last edited by New Amsterdam; 02-28-2019, 07:54 AM.

We're now also looking for 2d artist.

Comment

Found 2d Artist, still looking for environment artist...

Comment

Team compos so far
        - 1 x Programmer (BP)
        - 1 x Level Designer
        - 2 x 3d Artists
        - 1 x Concept Artist
        - 1 x Sound Designer
        - 1 x Musician

Comment

Still need an environment artist...

Comment

Hi Im Henri and Im doing 3-d models and I can also do level desing Click image for larger version

Name:	2018_FINAL_A.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	1562917
            Attached Files

Comment

My portfolio Contact me gmail : henrikn.sk@gmail.com or discord : Henri#2948

Comment

Still could use more help with 2D stuff...

Comment

All right, 2D roles are filled.
                  Could still use a bit more help with environments/level design...

Comment

I see your 2D roles are filled, though I am looking to quickly advance my skill into 3D if your are accepting someone who is learning. That said I think I may have been born for this role in the 2D area, here is a link to my website: http://dystoth.com/

Comment

Hi,

I am a skilled 3d Artist and have worked on Environment design.
                      For the past year I have been working on a post-apocalyptic game and now looking for a new project.

I work with Autodesk Maya, Substance painter, Photoshop and Unreal Engine.

I made an 169km2 post-apocalyptc environment with one other designer. This map was played by more than 2 milion players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5NTKyiElpE&t=35s

Also I am sending some screenshots of the models I worked on in Unreal Engine

Thank you for your time and let me know what you think.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by R0nhill View Post
                        Hi,

I am a skilled 3d Artist and have worked on Environment design.
                        For the past year I have been working on a post-apocalyptic game and now looking for a new project.

I work with Autodesk Maya, Substance painter, Photoshop and Unreal Engine.

I made an 169km2 post-apocalyptc environment with one other designer. This map was played by more than 2 milion players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5NTKyiElpE&t=35s

Also I am sending some screenshots of the models I worked on in Unreal Engine

Thank you for your time and let me know what you think.
                        Impressive!
                        Sent PM

Comment

Hi, interesting project!

Do you expect level designers to also create 3d-models, or do you have what is needed to build the levels?
                          Do you have more info about the project?
                          Do you still need a level designer?

Some info about me:
                          I've got a background from modding games like Skyrim and Fallout4, where I've mostly made dungeons and eerie interiors with pre-made assets. I'm familiar enough with UE4 to build levels and know the basics. I can make simple lowpoly models in Blender, but I'm unsure whether I'd use them for a game, eh. I like the brutalist style though, City 17 from Half Life 2 is one of my favorite game areas.

UE4:
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqps...WP3vYn9ROafLcn

Modding:
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ej_...ndpSI96B1K_xx8

Comment

Hi there!

I sent you a private message.

Best regards,
                            Michael

www.4experience.co

Comment

Originally posted by 4Experience.co View Post
                              Hi there!

I sent you a private message.

Best regards,
                              Michael
                              I dont understand.
                              Do you want to join our project or Are you offering payed service?

Comment

Working...
                              X