X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PAID] Unreal Guru/Programmer needed for unique game consultation

Hello all,
    I've been an indie game designer for over 15 years with 11 published indie titles (including 1 on Steam and 1 pending on Steam as well), and am now slowly migrating to using a 3D type product for my next project. I'm somewhat new to the world of an "engine" like this one and need someone to lend a helping hand with implementing my ideas and helping me to get going. Maybe the first 25% of the project?

I'm experienced at game design (strategy/RPG mostly) and have a good idea how I want my next project (the idea itself hasn't really been done in the way I want to do it yet, so my game would be pretty original) to go, I just need someone to show me the ropes and get me going. A virtual push down the snowy hill on a sled, so to speak.

The applicant or applicants should be fairly experienced with Unreal Engine 4.x, particularly random/procedural level creation and working with existing assets, and implementing my ideas in an efficient manner. Once I get more accustomed to the engine, I can probably take over and do the game design and balancing aspects myself and finish the project. I'll be using the quest system and various existing pieces from the marketplace that I want to customize.

I've been in the indie world for a long time (over 15 years), so no fly-by-night sort of thing here. If I make a promise, I keep it. Willing to offer some pay up front or royalty combination if the game comes off and gets made. You'll get credit, if you wish, as assistant game designer for a game probably destined for Steam. We can do Skype chat or whatever you're comfortable with.

Applicants can email here: simprosestudios@gmail.com
    I'll offer more details about what i'm looking for, and you can quote me what you would want.

Thanks!
    Last edited by DerekSimProse; 07-22-2015, 09:07 PM.

Still looking for talent! Programmers/scripters with some graphic experience preferred. 2 positions open, both a combo of paid/royalties available: A 3D artist person, and a Blueprint/Programming person. I will provide any marketplace assets needed. You should be experienced with Unreal Engine 4.x and have decent availability.

My game concept is a unique sci-fi action/rpg with heavily random generated elements, for a different game every time you play + a strong story experience as well.

This is not a "hobby" project, but a serious start-up of a game I intend to follow through with. I've made 11 indie games over the past 15 years, so you won't be left doing a lot of work for no reward.

I have Skype too, you can chat with me. My username is: derekd412

Thanks!
    Last edited by DerekSimProse; 07-24-2015, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Hi, I feel you'll get better results listing this as paid. To my knowledge, "Service" is for people offering services (Not requesting them)

I've gone ahead and fixed that for you!

Best of luck!
      KITATUS
      "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

Comment

Thanks Kitatus! Yes, I was trying to change that myself, didn't see a way to change it where it was visible in the topics themselves.

Still looking for those 2 positions! Yes, there will be some pay involved, so please do apply! I'm excited about my ideas, and hoping I can find others to help me put them together.

Comment

Hey there DerekSimProse!

It sure looks like an exciting opportunity!
          I'm sending you a PM.

Comment

Hey Derek,

While I don't think this is quite as large a scope as would be required for us, just wanted to say I was a fan of Voyager - so at the very least I can vouch for Derek's clever design for one product. That was a long time ago, but I am sure he still has it (If you need some larger scale help, feel free to drop us a line of course!)
            Ironbelly Studios- Your External UE4 Development Partner: AAA Quality Services at Indie Prices
            Request a quote today:
            https://ironbellystudios.com
            Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ironbellystudios

Comment

Thanks, Ryan! Yeah, Voyager was awhile ago. But it shows i've been around a long time too...so this project really isn't a "risk" from the royalty end of things, aside from the variants of final sale returns on a finished product. Do you guys ever do "royalty" based projects though? I'm finding I want this to be a decent scale product and I may need more help than I planned.

Originally posted by Ironbelly View Post
              Hey Derek,

While I don't think this is quite as large a scope as would be required for us, just wanted to say I was a fan of Voyager - so at the very least I can vouch for Derek's clever design for one product. That was a long time ago, but I am sure he still has it (If you need some larger scale help, feel free to drop us a line of course!)

Comment

Royalty is pretty rare - many of the skilled folks on here are trying to make a living; if they have free time for projects, they often want to work on their own stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
                  Royalty is pretty rare - many of the skilled folks on here are trying to make a living; if they have free time for projects, they often want to work on their own stuff!
                  True, which is why I am offering some pay and partial royalty. I get that people need a little cash to get by.

Comment

Hey Derek, it does happen extremely rarely that we'll do a split. Depends on the base pay and the product vision, scope, and expected return. It's unlikely, but I'll drop you an email, just in case.
                    Ironbelly Studios- Your External UE4 Development Partner: AAA Quality Services at Indie Prices
                    Request a quote today:
                    https://ironbellystudios.com
                    Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ironbellystudios

Comment

Screw it, I'll throw my name in the ring. I can create example projects of specific things you want - Previous work: kitatus.co.uk.

The way it would work is I charge a real cheap price (1/2 upfront), That keeps me fed (And the site live while doing the project), I send the project, You send the last little bit of moolah and you get the project. I then release the project for free on Kitatus.co.uk to teach others how to do that specific thing.

Everything is clearly commented, Easy to read and super-easy to learn from.

Also, You not only get the info you need but you help the community out at the same time. It's a win-win.

If you're thinking "HOT DIGGIDY DANG, WHERE DO I SIGN?" - Shoot me an email: contact@kitatusstudios.co.uk

If you're thinking "That's such a rubbish deal" then just ignore little ol' me
                      KITATUS
                      "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

Comment

hi i can definitely help you send me an email @ cbristow99@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                        X