Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[LFW-PAID] I'll Promote Your Game W/ 50k YouTube Subscribers & 30k Twitter Followers

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[LFW-PAID] I'll Promote Your Game W/ 50k YouTube Subscribers & 30k Twitter Followers

My Fans Are Your Fans!
    I have a large gaming YouTube channel that is Partnered with Polaris (owned by Disney), and want to help promote your game!

I currently have 49,032 YouTube Subscribers, 13,028,224 Million Total Views, and 143 public videos with an average of 91,106 views per video. Most of my subscribers love helping out, so if you plan on releasing on mobile, they won't have any problem helping you rank your game in the app store charts by getting everyone they know to download it.

I also have around 30,000 twitter followers and will include 2 Tweets per week, (for a month) to my 30,000 Gaming Twitter followers.

The Truth
    Truth is... If you plan on releasing your game but don't know what to do about promoting or marketing, there is a very high chance people will never know or even hear about your game. It's not smart to release your game with your fingers crossed hoping people will find it. Instead of wasting money on those annoying ads people hate, let me direct your game to thousands of gamers who will download, buy, and play the heck out of your game.

The Show
    I plan on doing a show once a month featuring "The Top 5 Indie Games of The Month".
    That means the first 5 people who contact me, make payment, and are serious, will be in the 1st month's video, and everyone after that will have to be put in a waiting list for the following months.

My followers are always looking for new games to play, especially Indie games, and you should get a huge amount of people who will want to buy/play your game. My average views per video is 91K, but as the show becomes more popular it could reach potentially way more.

Requirements:
    I have to be able to show a trailer or gameplay footage for your game.
    If you don't have any recorded footage or a trailer, you at least need to be able to send me a build so I can play and record the gameplay myself.
    Pictures won't work, we need some actual video. (sorry)

Contact
    If you are interested you can contact me at the following places.
    Email: indiegamerworld@gmail.com

And don't forget to visit my YouTube and Twitter where your game will be featured!!!
    My youtube channel is www.youtube.com/epicgamerworld
    Twitter = www.twitter.com/epicgamerworld

You may have 'followers', but looking at your twitter and youtube channel, it would appear that very few of your followers are actually engaging with your content?

Comment

I have a few questions.

1. Polaris or makers? With whom are you partnered exactly? Because Polaris is the prestige channel community thingy where makes puts their most successful shows and individuals. I couldn't find you associated to it in any way though. Makes however is like any other YouTube network and accepts pretty much everyone.

2. How much do you expect people to pay for this promotion? You say you expect payment but not how much. Which is kinda weird from begin with because indies don't really have a lot of money and there are tons of people doing the same for free. They just search for games and review them. Your format is not a particular advertising format and you still get your channel ad income which is why I find this so weird.

And 3rd. As ambershee already pointed out. Why do you have so little follower engagement? I mean sure not everyone comments but 15 on almost 100k views seem really out of proportion. How do you that your subscribers love helping out and that this will give the boost you promise?

Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh but your whole offer seems kinda weird and answers (and therefore clarity) would make me (and I think quite a few other people) a lot more likely to consider it.

Comment

So you sell "top" game reviews for a price? Unless yo change title to "Top 5 indie games who paid me" you are no better than most major game portals.

Comment

Is this IGN?
          Klepto - Burglary Simulator

Comment

I did some research seems he "buys" views on his channel. I did some digging and I have more likes on my FB pages than he does and I only have 700 subs on my gaming channel. Also the fact that there is little to no engaging of users leads to fake views/likes.

You are now trying to turn a profit off of fake engagement? Sorry but this is not promoting nor marketing. I know how to do both and you sir are not either. You pay a few bucks for thousands of views each month and yet nobody engages. that is where your scheme messed up. Your FB like page has been up since 2011 and yet not even 500 likes? Specially since you have 30k twitter followers and over 40k subscribers? The numbers do not add up. Plus lack of anyone even responding to your content. Why would you get 90k views on a video and have less than 5 comments? people are lazy perhaps? maybe but not on every single video, I am afraid you lie about your proposal.

Note: You should pay us to not report this information to Youtube and Twitter!

Comment

Such scumbaggery. Someone should tell your network. Ppl like Totalbisucit are related to these networks. Ppl who actually have a reputation for being serous game reviewers. Making a top list of indie games, based on payment, is a great way to generate a shitstorm for your channel.
              July's GameJam Entry: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post341226

Comment

Originally posted by Erasio View Post
                I have a few questions.

1. Polaris or makers? With whom are you partnered exactly? Because Polaris is the prestige channel community thingy where makes puts their most successful shows and individuals. I couldn't find you associated to it in any way though. Makes however is like any other YouTube network and accepts pretty much everyone.

2. How much do you expect people to pay for this promotion? You say you expect payment but not how much. Which is kinda weird from begin with because indies don't really have a lot of money and there are tons of people doing the same for free. They just search for games and review them. Your format is not a particular advertising format and you still get your channel ad income which is why I find this so weird.

And 3rd. As ambershee already pointed out. Why do you have so little follower engagement? I mean sure not everyone comments but 15 on almost 100k views seem really out of proportion. How do you that your subscribers love helping out and that this will give the boost you promise?

Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh but your whole offer seems kinda weird and answers (and therefore clarity) would make me (and I think quite a few other people) a lot more likely to consider it.
                1. I'm with Polaris. I have a network manager and my checks come from walt disney. We get all kinds of awesome perks like closed beta tests and other things. The crazy thing is I didn't even apply, they saw one of my videos and wanted me on board. My network manager goes over all of my video analytics and tells me exactly what I need to do/change to optimize my channel.

2. I was thinking maybe $50 per person but since I haven't don't this yet, I didn't know what to charge and didn't want to put a price yet. I'm in the last month of developing my game and I am completely out of money, which is why I had this idea. There are other people who review games but without an established YouTube their videos go unnoticed without any views. My intentions weren't to make the video all about reviewing the game, but mainly promoting each game and showing how awesome they are so people will download them. I do get ad money from my videos but it's not a lot. If I were to take the time to make a video promoting each game it would take a lot of time and I don't have the luxury to be able to do it for free.

3. I actually have good follower engagement and thats why my videos do so well. I have over 32,547 comments on my 150 videos, 28,184 favorites, and 58,992 likes. Which video has only 15 comments and almost 100,000 views? I kind of find that hard to believe and would love to see which video you are talking about.

I was just throwing this idea out there because it sounded like a good idea and I wanted to see the response. I get contacted all the time to promote peoples products but most of the time they aren't gaming related so I turn them down. I've had multiple companies send me products for free to do reviews on like a $250 headset, $300 capture card, and a $110 controller because they know how much it will help spread the word about their product and get them more sales. I figured since these large companies were willing to give me their expensive products for free to do a review on them, that people wanting to promote their game might want the chance to do the same thing.

The reason I said my subscribers help me out is because the last time I asked for help because I wanted to be on the playstation show "The tester", some of the people made 20-30 accounts to vote and I got in the number 4 spot out of over a hundred thousand people. If I tell them to download your game they will most likely help out and some will go all out and tell all of their friends to download it so they help more.

I figured since I have a large youtube channel and haven't made any videos lately because there are no games out right now that interest me, that I would make videos helping indie developers get the word out about their game, and make some money in the process. My network manager said I need to start a YouTube show with a schedule and I thought this would be perfect. All I know is if someone with almost 50,000 subscribers said they would make a video about my game for $50 I would do it in a heart beat.

Comment

The ethical problem though is that if you accept money in return for promotion then people won't trust your opinion.

Also, Walt Disney is dead

Comment

Originally posted by Ryzon View Post
                    I did some research seems he "buys" views on his channel. I did some digging and I have more likes on my FB pages than he does and I only have 700 subs on my gaming channel. Also the fact that there is little to no engaging of users leads to fake views/likes.

You are now trying to turn a profit off of fake engagement? Sorry but this is not promoting nor marketing. I know how to do both and you sir are not either. You pay a few bucks for thousands of views each month and yet nobody engages. that is where your scheme messed up. Your FB like page has been up since 2011 and yet not even 500 likes? Specially since you have 30k twitter followers and over 40k subscribers? The numbers do not add up. Plus lack of anyone even responding to your content. Why would you get 90k views on a video and have less than 5 comments? people are lazy perhaps? maybe but not on every single video, I am afraid you lie about your proposal.

Note: You should pay us to not report this information to Youtube and Twitter!
                    This makes me laugh... I have never "Bought" any views for YouTube and didn't even know that was possible. That seems like it would backfire on itself because one of the most important things about YouTube is audience retention and if you bought views that would bring your audience retention down and it wouldn't get ranked high in the searches.
                    Please amuse me with the "research" you did that lead you to that conclusion. I have over 13 million views and they are all legit.
                    I guess you think I bought all of my 50,000 subscribers too and hacked into thousands of peoples YouTube accounts and made fake comments on all of my videos and gave myself fake likes. haha you make me laugh

The reason I don't have that many Facebook likes is because I never use it and never promote it. I don't tell my subscribers to like my Facebook and never mention it. I don't like Facebook which is why I could care less to promote my Facebook page. I never make updates on there and never post anything. Just because someone subscribes to me on YouTube, doesn't mean they all are automatically going to search for you my Facebook page and like my Facebook page too. I want to know which video you are talking about that only has 5 comments on a video with 90k views. You can go to social blade and see exactly how many comments and views my videos have and I don't see that one you are talking about.

Do you think Polaris would have signed me if all of my views, subscribers, and likes were fake?
                    In the past few years I have been on YouTube, you are the first person to accuse me of fake views and it shows how intelligent you are.
                    Lying to everyone on here and claiming you did "research" to make me look bad only makes you look bad.
                    Last edited by Badnews; 01-14-2015, 07:43 PM.

Comment

If you are being paid to do this, why are you charging us for a review of the game. That is your job!! Is that how you are going to rate the games? Higher score = higher payment upfront?

This is the part that really disgusts me, we are paying to have our gameplay videos played by your website, which isn't right!! You are destroying your credibility by doing that. Who knows there may even be laws against doing this. It's unfair competition, no one should be able to pay for a better review. Ever.

Also I went through your video list, there are no inde games being showcased AT ALL!! So how do you know your followers are going to help with this? It is very different from what is currently on your channel.

Just my 2cents

EDIT: You completely missed the point DarthViper mentioned, it has nothing to do with youtube... It is the ethical problem, you are charging us to get a review on your channel. THAT is WRONG!
                      Last edited by DotCam; 01-14-2015, 07:58 PM.
                      Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

Originally posted by DotCam View Post
                        If you are being paid to do this, why are you charging us for a review of the game. That is your job!! Is that how you are going to rate the games? Higher score = higher payment upfront?

This is the part that really disgusts me, we are paying to have our gameplay videos played by your website, which isn't right!! You are destroying your credibility by doing that. Who knows there may even be laws against doing this. It's unfair competition, no one should be able to pay for a better review. Ever.

Also I went through your video list, there are no inde games being showcased AT ALL!! So how do you know your followers are going to help with this? It is very different from what is currently on your channel.

Just my 2cents

EDIT: You completely missed the point DarthViper mentioned, it has nothing to do with youtube... It is the ethical problem, you are charging us to get a review on your channel. THAT is WRONG!
                        It is not my job to review games and never has been.
                        I'm not charging for a review, I'm charging to promote your game on my YouTube channel.
                        I will pick out in order which game I like most out of the 5, and make the video showcasing each game counting down to the #1 game.
                        If you don't want your game to be seen by thousands of people that is fine with me, I could care less.
                        The videos purpose isn't to be a review of your game. It's to show your game to a bunch of people who other wise would have most likely never heard of your game.
                        I'm not going to spend my time and go out of my way to promote peoples games for nothing in return.
                        If you don't have any marketing skills you won't see the value in this, but this is for people who are serious about getting their game out there and exposing it to the most people as possible.

Comment

I don't need marketing skills to figure out what is truly going on here.

You should really be paying us for this, without us you won't have any content, which will decrease your followers. You are paid by number clicks, if you have nothing to show, no one will watch.

Also you go out of your way to promote games by EA/Dice and other major studios featured in your videos, do you charge them as well? If not why should you charge indies who have less money?

So when I say it is your job, I mean it is up to you to find enough content to keep your followers engaged, and you then are paid accordingly. Why is it different with indies? you can call any of them up and they will give you a sample video for the program you are making for free.
                          Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

I feel like adding the "top 5" qualifier is where some semblance of an ethical dilemma occurs if indie devs are paying for promotion, but if you aren't actually reviewing these games then I don't see an issue. It's an interesting concept that I hadn't thought of logistically before, but indie advertisement is a huge issue when you're building a game on your own, and while something like this isn't an end all for marketing, it can definitely make a big difference.

My only concern is about seeing some results. I feel that you're at the test run phase, and it could behoove you to contact some devs you like and put out a few videos a month for free to start getting some numbers. That way you can come back to this forum and others with some solid results, and it would help quell any fear and negative reactions to your service. It's a trend on these UE4 LFW threads to call out anything and everyone, and while I've done it (recently) I think some self moderation on behalf of frequent users on the forums is in order. Even though I had a bit of the same initial reactions as the guys above, I think given the info you've provided, those fears are fairly unwarranted.

So you have an interesting idea. While I have to check out more of your content, and would like to see some test runs for the indie advert show, I do feel like it can be a successful series. I'll keep you in mind if I have need to market in the future.
                            Portfolio - https://www.artstation.com/artist/smessier
                            Tumblr - www.smessietches.tumblr.com
                            LinkedIn - www.linkedin.com/pub/stephan-messier/33/993/b14/
                            Email - smessierobjects@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by smessier View Post
                              I feel like adding the "top 5" qualifier is where some semblance of an ethical dilemma occurs if indie devs are paying for promotion, but if you aren't actually reviewing these games then I don't see an issue. It's an interesting concept that I hadn't thought of logistically before, but indie advertisement is a huge issue when you're building a game on your own, and while something like this isn't an end all for marketing, it can definitely make a big difference.

My only concern is about seeing some results. I feel that you're at the test run phase, and it could behoove you to contact some devs you like and put out a few videos a month for free to start getting some numbers. That way you can come back to this forum and others with some solid results, and it would help quell any fear and negative reactions to your service. It's a trend on these UE4 LFW threads to call out anything and everyone, and while I've done it (recently) I think some self moderation on behalf of frequent users on the forums is in order. Even though I had a bit of the same initial reactions as the guys above, I think given the info you've provided, those fears are fairly unwarranted.

So you have an interesting idea. While I have to check out more of your content, and would like to see some test runs for the indie advert show, I do feel like it can be a successful series. I'll keep you in mind if I have need to market in the future.
                              Thank you, finally a positive response! LOL
                              I was wondering what was going on here because the other gaming forum I posted on had a completely different response and everyone thought it was the best idea ever.
                              I actually met a really cool guy who was interested in my post and has some successful apps with over 6.4 million downloads, and we are now chatting on the phone everyday. Him taking the time to share his knowledge and help me as I'm about to release my first game has been amazing. He 's had one of his apps featured on the howard stern show and is a marketing genius. He sees the value of this and so far is the first person on board.

I've have 8 other people who are interested, but all share the same concern as you. They want to see a previous video of this done so they can see the actual results. I might have to figure something out and maybe do the first video free so people can see and know what to expect.
                              If you have any other ideas or concerns I would love to hear them, and maybe we can get you in the first video I do.

Comment

Working...
                              X