Anyone in southern Tasmania, Australia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[UNPAID] Anyone in southern Tasmania, Australia

Hi all i am looking for other subscribers that are located in or near Southern Tasmania, the bottom of the world basically. I am located in the Hobart area. Due to the location, it is difficult to team up with other developers/hobbyist to share ideas and to collaborate. Sure such things can be achieved online but it's not the same as being in the same place.

I am not current trying to make a full game but i am more focusing in on specific areas of game play logic and systems, getting them working correctly. The idea being, to have a sort of pre-pre-alpha based game template to be able to take in different directions. But something that is much more advanced than the basic templates that come with the engine.

I work in both c++ and Blueprint. I have some experience with maya and motionbuilder and are able to produce place holder assets but i don't consider myself as any type of artist.

I have a family to support so i am working a full time day job. I spend all my spare time i have developing.

So if you are in my area and are a programmer or artist, i doesn't matter, and wish to share ideas etc.. drop me a PM.

Cheers, Chooka.

Hey Chooka, fellow Hobation here,

I'm sure in being hobart and all I've probably met you in person before! Anyway I've been having chats with a few other game devs in Hobart and we all agree it would be good to start forming a community here.

We're hoping to have some events like Game Jams and get togethers to share ideas and projects etc. We'll probably start a Google+ group or some other online forum in the next couple days so we all have a place to communicate. I'll let you know when something happens.

Edit: We've started a Google+ group for Tassie game devs: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communit...98646353365446. We might move it to Facebook if everyone hates Google + too much
    Last edited by karltheawesome; 05-15-2015, 01:25 AM.
    - Dev Blog - Twitter - Facebook - Google+

Comment

Hi Karl, it's awesome to know that i am not the only person in tassie using ue. i look forward to keeping in touch.

Comment

Working...
      X