Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe have it be moderated. In order to up/downvote you'd need to provide some sort of proof.
    Check out my work here
    In search of a very basic Melee system? Look no further!

Comment

Originally posted by KorkuVeren View Post
      Maybe have it be moderated. In order to up/downvote you'd need to provide some sort of proof.
      Maybe those with a post count of +100 and a good reputation (if they implemented rep)?
      Marketplace Assets

Advanced Mobile Input: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Easy Input Remapping: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
      Multiplayer Blueprint Chat System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Closing Credits System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
      Minesweeper Template: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Maze Creator: Marketplace Page | Support Thread

Comment

The Best thing you can do is if you arent in the same state or country in my opinion is finish the task and put the asset up on a third part site, so the client has to pay for it. thats what I do with my assets and it hasnt let me down yet.

Comment

There r several thread like this one.why not links to those threads stick at the top of "got skill" section.
          Contract

Need help?
          google hangout or gmail

Comment

Jason Welge is now going by "Jason Phillips" and is starting to post things on this forum again. He got me for about 4 hours of work. It's really sad that people can't be trusted anymore. Wasn't this way in the past. I don't understand how people can just be okay with doing this.

Comment

I DO NOT give the client the work I have done until I am paid, though I usually just show them the work via screen share to see if they like it.
              Marketplace Assets

Advanced Mobile Input: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Easy Input Remapping: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
              Multiplayer Blueprint Chat System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Closing Credits System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
              Minesweeper Template: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Maze Creator: Marketplace Page | Support Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jamendxman3 View Post
                I DO NOT give the client the work I have done until I am paid, though I usually just show them the work via screen share to see if they like it.
                yep, thats the way everyone could do it man and maybe should do it.

Comment

I'm really glad epic moderators are allowing these reports. Please sticky these.

I was once scammed by a serial scammer, he went from GameStudio forum to Unity and to UDK's forum.

I did a similar report to this , though much less detail. No curses , no profanities, but I was given an infraction point for insulting a fellow user(the scammer) and was threatened with ban and the post got subsequently deleted.
                  It was a really really disheartening situation.

Paypal refused my disputes , did not even listen to my explanation and kept throwing me the statement "we do not protect against intangible works".
                  Lost money due to upfront. Dispute history in paypal system subsequently showed that Paypal had 'telephone conversation' with the scammer. They went as far
                  as give him a call while chucking me down to template email response.

Sigh.

This is why I never do upfronts anymore.
                  Last edited by Frozenfire; 09-13-2015, 03:10 PM.
                  Developer at AmmoboxStudios.

Eximius ( An FPS/RTS Hybrid )

Comment

As we clearly do a lot of work with the Unreal forums, I just wanted to say that it is very important to get to know who you're going to be working with- not just by talking to them, but by research of past clients, what people say about them on the forum, how they conduct themselves professionally, etc. Not saying its a foolproof method, but contract work tends to be a "buyer beware" situation and the burden is on the client.

That said, we obviously don't support scamming people and anyone who gets caught should report the person and build awareness of the conflict. Some conflicts will be legit scams, others will be disagreements in terms or other more grey areas, but at the very least the public should know about the dispute and if/how it gets resolved.

I certainly wouldn't mind having a public "reputation" number from happy customers though!
                    Ironbelly Studios- Your External UE4 Development Partner: AAA Quality Services at Indie Prices
                    Request a quote today:
                    https://ironbellystudios.com
                    Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ironbellystudios

Comment

Most Professionals will have a portfolio, youtube videos or other means to show the work they do. It is smart to look into their work. see if their skill is at the level you want. Most scammers will not have a portfolio. like it was said do research on the individual before sending money or assets. I have an idea that can help with these issues and will post to the "feedback for unreal" with my ideas how unrealengine can help with this protection.

Comment

Working...
                      X