Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Epic Donates to the Blender Foundation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Epic Donates to the Blender Foundation

    From Ton's Twitter account:

    EpicGames donates 10k euro (13.5k usd) to Blender Development Fund. Is support for more FBX work + epic-game-style nagivation controls.
    It's awesome to see Blender getting attention from Epic! It was too often ignored in the UE3 days, it feels great to know that Epic is not only acknowledging Blender and its capabilities (about time!), but also donating to its cause.
    Last edited by James Ordner; 07-06-2014, 04:50 PM. Reason: Formatting

  • #2
    That's really awesome!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by James Ordner View Post
      From Ton's Twitter account:

      "EpicGames donates 10k euro (13.5k usd) to Blender Development Fund. Is support for more FBX work + epic-game-style nagivation controls."

      It's awesome to see Blender getting attention from Epic! It was too often ignored in the UE3 days, it feels great to know that Epic is not only acknowledging Blender and its capabilities (about time!), but also donating to its cause.
      Yeah, we've been doing a lot more direct talking with them lately. Mostly we are trying to get a solid pipeline for exporting from Blender to UE4. So far things are going really well and we hope to see some cool stuff in the near future.
      Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
      How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
      Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

      Comment


      • #4
        Very cool! Nice to see some more focus for gamedev pipelines with Blender.
        One nerd to rule them all, One nerd to write them. One nerd to compile them all, And in the linker bind them.

        Comment


        • #5
          Thank you UE that was really, really cool!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Alexander Paschall View Post
            Yeah, we've been doing a lot more direct talking with them lately. Mostly we are trying to get a solid pipeline for exporting from Blender to UE4. So far things are going really well and we hope to see some cool stuff in the near future.
            Really glad to hear this! Plus eleventy-billion fake internet points from me.

            Comment


            • #7
              Epic Games gets more and more awesome every day.

              Epic Games keeps getting us to higher heights with each passing year.

              Comment


              • #8
                This is amazing

                Comment


                • #9
                  Oppa Epic style.
                  Thanks Epic!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    This is really good news.

                    Poor FBX support is the only reason we excluded Blender from our pipeline as a preferred app.
                    Clarke's third law: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Epic you guys are literally the pinnacle of what a good company should be
                      Self-Learning to program, Open to advice!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        As a blender user, I cannot but thank you a lot!! Blender is a great tool, especially for modeling, it is definitely worth having a good pipeline with UE4! I am sure this investment will be repaid by a lot of great works by blender users.

                        Way to go Epic!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Pure awesomeness.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by FrankieV View Post
                            This is really good news.

                            Poor FBX support is the only reason we excluded Blender from our pipeline as a preferred app.
                            Same here.

                            I absolutely love what Epic is doing and the way they communicate with devs. I would even go and say that it is hard to imagine better company to work with and for. Absolutely love them!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by James Ordner View Post
                              epic-game-style nagivation controls
                              What's this mean?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X