No announcement yet.

Epic Donates to the Blender Foundation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantastic, its amazing that Epic is trying to support Blender.

Comment

I'm really glad to hear this. I enjoy Blender, it is a nice tool and it can have a really great integration with UE4.
      Game and AI developer.
      Twitter: @thek3nger

Comment

Im not a blender user but after having continuous issues with Maya im going all in for Blender. Seeing Epic support Blender is pretty epic of them =D.
        Epic is the ****!
        Whenever i have a bad day all i need to do is boot up ue4 and life is grand again

Comment

Whenever i have a bad day all i need to do is boot up ue4 and life is grand again
          Amen to that!
          Favorite Quotes:
          "History is indeed little more than the register of the crimes, follies and misfortunes of mankind." -Edward Gibbon
          "Whoever does not miss the Soviet Union has no heart. Whoever wants it back has no brain." -Vladimir Putin
          "No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair." -General George S. Patton.

Comment

Amen to that!
            Amen from me as well, love UE4!
            Marketplace Assets

Advanced Mobile Input: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Easy Input Remapping: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
            Multiplayer Blueprint Chat System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Closing Credits System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
            Minesweeper Template: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Maze Creator: Marketplace Page | Support Thread

Comment

It's great to have Blender support. Now that Autodesk has gone subscription-only, it would also be helpful to bind more closely with C4D since that's the surviving commercial modeling/animation tool that can be owned.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander Paschall View Post
                Yeah, we've been doing a lot more direct talking with them lately. Mostly we are trying to get a solid pipeline for exporting from Blender to UE4. So far things are going really well and we hope to see some cool stuff in the near future.
                Would it be something like Unity, where you just drag in the .blend file?

Comment

I think it's really great that Epic Games support open source tools developers
                  Artist, solo indie developer, and gamer. Watch my work

Comment

THAT'S fantastic! Such generosity.
                    While I don't use Blender myself, I believe its very important! that hobbyists and Indie devs have access to FREE! modelling tools.
                    Autodesk should Not be able to maintain a monopoly on the industry by keeping a huge amount of talent from even bothering because there products are behind such a Gigantic paywall that only big studios could afford.

I really hope they make a really solid Blender to ue4 workflow with those funds that put others to shame.
                    FBX is my format of choice, But solid substance painter PBR support would go a long way also.
                    Last edited by AlphaWolF; 03-22-2016, 05:45 AM.
                    Artstation

Comment

Hi all

I just downloaded Blender 2.77 and seen this (have't use Blender for a while so not sure if it was in 2.76 or before)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture 1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	1102928

Comment

it was there before, that's an old blender add-on for use with UDK, UE4 doesn't support .psk/.psa.

Comment

Is there a native format that a modeler could export, beyond FBX, into UE4 that could specify all available material, lighting and camera detail?

Comment

Those are many different things that no one format would support.

Comment

Working...
                            X