Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daniel Vogel View Post
    Our goals for supporting the Blender Foundation are:

2. Find a way to harmonize controls between blender and UE4.

Given Blender's extensibility and configurability we would like to see an option to have UE4 style viewport controls as an option to make it easier for people to back and forth between tools.
    Hi, I'd like to see it as a two way street. That is I'd like to be able to use viewport controls in UE4 as they are in Blender as there (for me) are the most intuitive ever. I've never met/worked with software which is easier/more intuitive to navigate than Blender.

Thank you.

Comment

This is epic news! I have minor knowlegde with Blender, but I just have started with it again
      System
      ASUS ROG Maximus IX Forumla - ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - G.Skill RGB 16GB, Samsung M2 500GB

ArtStation
      Artwork thread

Comment

Originally posted by smallB View Post
        Hi, I'd like to see it as a two way street. That is I'd like to be able to use viewport controls in UE4 as they are in Blender as there (for me) are the most intuitive ever. I've never met/worked with software which is easier/more intuitive to navigate than Blender.

Thank you.
        kind of agree with this, whilst blender is not the best i have worked with, ue4 navigation seems like a clumsy awkward step backwards in comparison.
        most noticeable in things like the phat editor, you would expect to rotate the model round its axis (or more like the camera rotates round the model), as in most 3d apps, and not the 'game' helicopter style camera controls it has.
        Last edited by tegleg; 07-08-2014, 04:18 PM. Reason: more precise descriptions
        tegleg.co.uk - indie electronic music label
        Android + HTML5 WIP Physics Game
        PC Games - Android Apps

Comment

Originally posted by CNKIT View Post
          Epic you guys are literally the pinnacle of what a good company should be
          I can't keep saying this enough!

BRAVO, Epic, BRAVO!

-Will

Comment

Thank you, Epic! This is just awesome! Blender and UE4 are a perfect match!

Comment

Great work Epic, tighter coupling between Blender and UE4 is win win win!

Comment

Thank you Epic from another grateful Blender user! This is so great to see.

Steam Early Access: Drunk On Nectar - The Nature Simulator

UE4 Plugins: DoN’s Dynamic Mesh FX | DoN’s 3D Pathfinding

Comment

Epic, you are earning more and more hearts day by day !!!

this definitively the way to go

thanks for doing your job in that amazing way .

Comment

Good work, has been a chore to work with psk's and stuff in the past.

Comment

I like seeing that Blender is getting taken more seriously as of late.

Comment

Blender is getting PBR!

Comment

Old thread but this is really good news. Really good news. Epic is for sure stepping up to be a reliable tech to invest time in when they start making Blender fbx support a possibility.

Comment

It's encouraging that others than myself have started looking at this. I started building my own realtime OpenGL 4+ rendering engine to integrate into Blender 6 Months back (when i was stuck between a rock and a hard place, UE3 was not good enough in my eye's at that point to be putting time into as life span was nearly up), Tried Cryteks engine, which was massively over hyped and also pretty useless, so decided right screw it now is the time to build my own real time engine. Put six months into it and had people enquiring about licenses, Then Epic released UE4 (which i never saw coming after no hints it was near to release let alone they were going to open the code) so at that point i was like AGHHHHH ****, almost was in a place to make some money at last just to have it taken away, after UE4 was released people asking to license what i even had at that point stooped messaging.

Then thought, right if you can't beat them join them and purchased UE$ as soon as available. After watching this though and the interest (and the fact looking at the code invloved which isnt correct at all for PBR i might have to dust off my NexusGL engine after not touching it for 6 months.

Old dev video, More of NexusGL on my youtube page under olds vids:

Comment

Great news! Such a wonderful company.

Comment

yeah, Epic good jobs.

Comment

Working...
                                X