Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zeblote View Post
    What's this mean?
    I would assume it means, at minimum, the ability to navigate a 3D scene with only the mouse, like in the UE editor.
    One nerd to rule them all, One nerd to write them. One nerd to compile them all, And in the linker bind them.

Comment

just wish i could do the same, but still great from the Epic guys to help the blender UE4 pipeline, we've seen lots of improvements recently
      UT40K:The Chosen - Warhammer 40,000 for UE4
      ut40kgeodav - UE4 Tutorials

Comment

Epic! You the man. . . You the man. . . You the maaaaan!

Comment

Good to see Epic investing / supporting such things! I don't use Blender personally, but many people I know will find this most useful.

Comment

well done Epic
            tegleg.co.uk - indie electronic music label
            Android + HTML5 WIP Physics Game
            PC Games - Android Apps

Comment

Great news! As a programmer I don't require the expensive Maya / Max software, so an improved and free Blender is awesome for us coders!
              Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-Source)

Comment

This is great news for a "poor man" like me....thanks Epic....

Comment

Thank you EPIC!

I will continue to support you guys!

Comment

Indeed great news.

It warms my heart to see Blender gets finally recognized as serious alternative to Autodesk's 3d suites.

Comment

Awesome news!

Comment

Our goals for supporting the Blender Foundation are:

1. Ensure a smooth FBX workflow between blender and UE4.

We basically want to make sure there is a smooth export/import pipeline between Blender and UE4 and UE4 uses FBX. Improving Blender's FBX pipeline is going to be beneficial outside of just UE4 interoperability.

2. Find a way to harmonize controls between blender and UE4.

Given Blender's extensibility and configurability we would like to see an option to have UE4 style viewport controls as an option to make it easier for people to back and forth between tools.

3. Support approachable and free 3D modeling tools to aid community.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Vogel View Post
                          Our goals for supporting the Blender Foundation are:

We basically want to make sure there is a smooth export/import pipeline between Blender and UE4 and UE4 uses FBX. Improving Blender's FBX pipeline is going to be beneficial outside of just UE4 interoperability.

Given Blender's extensibility and configurability we would like to see an option to have UE4 style viewport controls as an option to make it easier for people to back and forth between tools.

Very awesome! I know what 3D Package I will be picking up

Once again thank you EPIC!

You guys are awesome as always

Comment

From my point of view as a long term Blender user, this effort by Epic Games to support Blender for UE4 is sooooo full of win!

Thanks Epic! You guys are the best! This is really nice news.

I can think of so many great things that can come from this.
                            Last edited by DyotoOrion; 07-07-2014, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Dear Epic, is there any end to your AWESOMENESS?
                              GOD of DREAMs: A Unique FTPS/RPG Sandbox MMO

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Vogel View Post

I think ill reserve judgement on that one till I see what happens but it does sound interesting.

supporting the community is always good and no one supports there community better than epic

to be honest I already have a smooth workflow between blender and UE4 although a newer/updated fbx exporter when they finish it will still be a nice thing to have

Comment

Working...
                                X