Yes indeed
    ///DevDreReid///

Comment

Sigh....another cool *** engine to learn
      ///DevDreReid///

Comment

Originally posted by JaanDoe View Post
        Sigh....another cool *** engine to learn
        IMHO; after some tries & cries (cry is everywherem you see =) with Amazon's LY (based on CRYENGINE ~3.8, maybe), i don' wanna touch it, not to learn it... ; )

Comment

Originally posted by Chesire View Post
          This seems like a good start: https://vimeo.com/stevenburrichter/videos
          Oh, that's pretty good, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Chesire View Post
            This seems like a good start: https://vimeo.com/stevenburrichter/videos
            nice set of links. thanks.
            seems though that he exported pyrofx as a series of 2d images.

https://youtu.be/2dDkNsIYv9o?t=851

here is the link i had in mind. this fire looks legit.
            Last edited by KillingWord; 03-16-2016, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KillingWord View Post
              Nice! The pro stuff for sure.
              'In Houdini this is very simple' x 20 during the vid. Yeah...I guess? Doesn't look simple to me at all It's supercool to be able to do things like custom flow maps, smoke behaving exactly like you want to etc. etc. but overall I just get this vibe this is very much a hardcore tool for designated individuals on bigger teams or for people willing to go through the steps to master yet another vital app for their ever increasing suit of dcc apps.
              Glad it's available though. I bet some people can achieve very innovative content with this.
              https://www.artstation.com/chesire

Comment

Raging fanboys still going hard at it. It would be sad if some of you were adults...

Comment

Originally posted by KillingWord View Post
                  nice set of links. thanks.
                  seems though that he exported pyrofx as a series of 2d images.

https://youtu.be/2dDkNsIYv9o?t=851

Looks good, but definitely impressed by this and this more, and intrigued by Showreel1 and Showreel2.
                  But I still have absolutely no idea how much work is involved or what the learning curve is really like...

Comment

So out of interest, and being a lapsed EAAS subscriber, I tried to have a go at this today.

Except I couldn't, because their registration server is completely broken. I contacted Cryengine support, asking how I could rectify access to my account, and they responded saying that the issues were 'fixed', but they could not reinstate my account, basically permanently preventing me from using my current email address for my account. Great. So I went and created a brand new email address so that I could register a new account, as the Cryengine support dude suggested... except the registration process still failed, and locked me out of that account, too. And again, a third time.

If these guys can't fix a simple webserver, I'm not holding out much hope that this engine is going to be anything other than hot garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Beaucephal View Post
                      So out of interest, and being a lapsed EAAS subscriber, I tried to have a go at this today.

Except I couldn't, because their registration server is completely broken. I contacted Cryengine support, asking how I could rectify access to my account, and they responded saying that the issues were 'fixed', but they could not reinstate my account, basically permanently preventing me from using my current email address for my account. Great. So I went and created a brand new email address so that I could register a new account, as the Cryengine support dude suggested... except the registration process still failed, and locked me out of that account, too. And again, a third time.

If these guys can't fix a simple webserver, I'm not holding out much hope that this engine is going to be anything other than hot garbage.
                      Those things happened here too. That's what you get when they don't scale dynamically.

Comment

Originally posted by Errvald View Post
                        Those things happened here too. That's what you get when they don't scale dynamically.
                        Strange, I've been registered for UE4 pretty-much since day 1, even back in the subscription days, and I don't remember anything like that happening. Must have passed me by. I've asked if I can have my accounts removed from their databases in the meantime. Hopefully one day I'll be able to re-register when they've got their act together.

Comment

Just now Epic enable C# Mono in the UE4.
                          lol.. lies.. for a second you made me interested in UE4 again, if only it were true

back to Unity for me.

Comment

lol.. lies.. for a second you made me interested in UE4 again, if only it were true
                            Coding is really not my thing... Is there really such a difference between C++ and C# ? From what i have read the only difference is that c++ is like more complex ?

Comment

oooooo. Downloading to make pretties outdoors

edit:
                              eh internal server error :/
                              Last edited by C-Arch; 03-16-2016, 11:00 PM.
                              http://celestialarch.com
                              Free UE4 things available. More coming

Comment

Originally posted by JimPhoenix View Post
                                IMHO; after some tries & cries (cry is everywherem you see =) with Amazon's LY (based on CRYENGINE ~3.8, maybe), i don' wanna touch it, not to learn it... ; )
                                Bruh its kinda the same thing we just finished discussing on a fb group lol
                                ///DevDreReid///

Comment

Working...
                                X