unreal engine certification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unreal engine certification

i was just wondering why there is no certification program for unreal , a one like adobe and autodesk provide ?

Because no one cares about certification

Comment

Also, because the engine develops at such a rate that certification would become redundant pretty quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
        but in a lot of places in the world employers cares alot about certification
        actually it's the most common way to prove your worth to an employer in a job interview in the middle east.
        you can show your creativity but it won't work alone, so yes it's a big deal in some area of the world map
        Last edited by aelpop; 03-02-2016, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Employers for games in the USA don't care about a certification for a specific application, things completely change within 5 years for games. If you are really good, no one cares if you use Maya, Max, Modo, or Blender.

Comment

Originally posted by ZacD View Post
            Employers for games in the USA don't care about a certification for a specific application, things completely change within 5 years for games. If you are really good, no one cares if you use Maya, Max, Modo, or Blender.
            that's pretty cool , i hope things would work here the same way but it for some reason it doesn't

Comment

Certification just doesn't exist in games - if someone is asking for it, don't work for them, because it means they have no idea what they are doing.

Comment

thank you guys for the clearing this up, stay epic

Comment

Originally posted by aelpop View Post
                  i was just wondering why there is no certification program for unreal , a one like adobe and autodesk provide ?
                  Probably also because 2 out of the 3 you mention, only care about their bottom line.

Honestly, there's so much cheating in certification as well, who would trust it?
                  Its safer to ask for a sample of work and get the person to talk about how they built it.

Plus, there are game courses that are effectively certifications. There's a couple on the forums...
                  But with so much fraud, who can trust certification especially after Microsoft and other scandals!

Comment

Certification doesn't show skill in using the software, I have a lot of experience with 3ds Max but don't necessarily know the name of each UI element I use every day, and knowing what everything is called in the software doesn't mean you know how to use it. Employers are going to look at your portfolio and your work experience.

Comment

Your "certificate" should be your portfolio. You should try to realize some of your ideas. It doesn't have to be something big. And then create a Homepage, Blog, Whatever to present your work. That's the best way to show other people what you are able to do.

Game Design - Photogrammetry - Programming
                      Tutorials · Twitter · Twitch

Comment

Certification doesn't show skill in using the software, I have a lot of experience with 3ds Max but don't necessarily know the name of each UI element I use every day, and knowing what everything is called in the software doesn't mean you know how to use it. Employers are going to look at your portfolio and your work experience.
                        This is a good point. A while ago during my time in High School I was denied an Adobe certification simply because I didn't use the "appropriate" methods to achieve the results on the test. My methods were more efficient, but according to them it wasn't the correct route. =P Certifications many times are not indicative of knowledge or experience. Being able to demonstrate an understanding of a program is much better than showing a piece of paper that says you are qualified.

Simulacrum Game | Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

Comment

Originally posted by SE_JonF View Post
                          This is a good point. A while ago during my time in High School I was denied an Adobe certification simply because I didn't use the "appropriate" methods to achieve the results on the test. My methods were more efficient, but according to them it wasn't the correct route. =P Certifications many times are not indicative of knowledge or experience. Being able to demonstrate an understanding of a program is much better than showing a piece of paper that says you are qualified.
                          Yea that's true, but to show them your understanding of something they need to be interested in you. So in many industries you are more interesting if you have more certificates or a broader portfolio then the other competitors.

Game Design - Photogrammetry - Programming
                          Tutorials · Twitter · Twitch

Comment

Not for certifications, I'd be surprised to find any studio that considers that when hiring. Only thing like that that could possibly matter outside of portfolio and work experience is if you trained at a handful of schools that do a good job of teaching. Most schools don't do a good job so most of the time your degree isn't a big deal. And a certification is even less important than a degree.

Comment

I don't think so; and I am not the only one.

Very interesting what the competitor is doing right now: https://certification.unity.com/
                              Marco Romero
                              http://marcoromero.net
                              https://www.facebook.com/MarcoRomero3D

Comment

Working...
                              X