X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So nice to find this! Insta-join! Thanks for organizing it!
    Twitch | Twitter | Frosted Citadel Entertainment

Comment

We hit over 1000 members now!

We need MOOORRREEE

Come and join us!
      Im an Moderator on UnrealSlackers Discord! Which is a Community driven group of likeminded people here to discuss UE4! Join UnrealSlackers on Discord!

Comment

Joined!
        twitter: @NaveedHIQ

Comment

This is a great place to talk with other developers, share ideas and learn new things.

I have learned a lot from people in this slack community and it has made me a better developer
          I had joined it back in the spring but never really put much thought into it or bothered to connect again and say hello. I was too busy working on my project.
          I recently rejoined it near the end of November and within a minutes I regretted not giving it more of a chance earlier on in the year. Now I'm there all the time while working and picking up a lot of experience from others.
          \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
          Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
          Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

I really love hanging out on the slack channel. Make sure to say hey if you see me on there
            Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
            How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
            Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Comment

Hey i'm trying to signup but i got this msg
              You have already been invited to slack. Check for an email from feedback@slack.com.
              i'm sure i didn't signup before and i can't find a msg in my mail either
              Game Designer @ Masked Pharaohs ..
              I'm Providing Arabic Support For Any One ..

Comment

I've joined the chat :3
                UE4 Jam Entries:
                March 2016
                September 2016
                Epic MegaJam October 2016
                December 2016

Comment

The problem with this is knowledge being spread out instead of centralised.

There's already too much spreading in having a forum and the answerhub. Introducing another isn't wise.

I know it's Slack and it's what the kids love nowadays but, seriously, make a skype group or something for chats and social hangouts (no pun intended) instead and keep the knowledge[tm] in a single place. You know, like a library. It's a simple concept that's stood the test of time.
                  escalation1985.com

Comment

Originally posted by SebastianLarsen View Post
                    I know it's Slack and it's what the kids love nowadays but, seriously, make a skype group or something for chats and social hangouts (no pun intended) instead and keep the knowledge[tm] in a single place. You know, like a library. It's a simple concept that's stood the test of time.
                    The knowledge in Slack/IRC/etc is ephemeral in nature. I wouldn't see it as a library but more of a conversation. I don't think anyone would say it is a replacement for the forums/wiki.
                    www.valkrysa.com
                    A proud and noble software developer

Comment

Originally posted by SebastianLarsen View Post
                      The problem with this is knowledge being spread out instead of centralised. There's already too much spreading in having a forum and the answerhub. Introducing another isn't wise. I know it's Slack and it's what the kids love nowadays but, seriously, make a skype group or something for chats and social hangouts (no pun intended) instead and keep the knowledge[tm] in a single place. You know, like a library. It's a simple concept that's stood the test of time.
                      The risk with the new 'shinny' billion-dollar unicorn, is that as soon as you start relying on them, they go and break stuff!
                      (Didn't the Slack team cancel their game at short notice too?)

Ephemeral not withstanding, there are probably some gems that come out of the unreal slack chats that could benefit the docs.
                      (If so, any way, to link that info back to docs.unrealengine or AH etc...?)

Personally, the docs aren't that helpful. Often there's no explicit mention of engine versions...
                      (On errors my UE4 4.10 editor still redirects back to udn.unrealengine which we have no access to???)
                      Last edited by EntrpriseCustomr; 03-11-2016, 01:45 AM.

Comment

does anybody know if i can use unreal for my own personal use?

Comment

It looks like I had tried to sign up at one point and never finished. I no longer have the email and I can't re-sign up or request a follow-up email be sent to me. What should I do?
                          http://sullinger.us

Comment

So, this is a standard IRC chat where people just talk about stuff/problems ?
                            Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Frames Per Second is NOT a proper performance metric, You should use frame time. You can read this or this as to why.
                            (Profiling) Tools: RenderDoc (UE4 Plugin), NVIDIA nSight, AMD GPU PerfStudio, CodeXL
                            Good articles/Series: A trip through the Graphics Pipeline 2011

Comment

Originally posted by ryan20fun View Post
                              So, this is a standard IRC chat where people just talk about stuff/problems ?
                              Yes. People discuss their games, what problems they're having, what they had for breakfast, etc.
                              www.valkrysa.com
                              A proud and noble software developer

Comment

I would love to join this but the link doesn't seem to work for me. I have Slack (it's also installed on my computer ) but everytime I use the link to sign up I just get an error that says 'token_revoked'.

Comment

Working...
                                X