Fade out when dying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fade out when dying?

Hi i made a game for the oculus rift. it's a game where you die alot and when you die you respawn instantly and try again, like flappy bird.

The problem is it makes you sick after doing this again and again, and i need some sort of slow transistion like fading out and fading in again, when you die.

Problem is i dont have any idea of how to do this.. Any ideas?
    Last edited by iwekzy; 04-19-2014, 01:59 PM.

Or just something thats not teleport, any idea/bump

Comment

Use Matinee with Fade track?
      FREE VR Drum Kit Project
      FREE Color LUT Collection
      FREE Physics Driven Spacecraft Project
      FREE GTA Style Vehicle Interaction
      Dynamic DoF(Depth of Field)
      Camera Crossfade

Comment

Originally posted by Jacky View Post
        Use Matinee with Fade track?
        But if i do that, will the matinee start from my death location, the death can take place many different places?
        Last edited by iwekzy; 04-19-2014, 06:01 PM.

Comment

It will. When you have a Director track(and a Fade track under it) but no specific camera controlling the director track, you see the fade in/out effect on player camera. So, you set your fade track's keys(fading to black) and then play the Matinee when the player dies, and then reverse it when the player respawns.
          FREE VR Drum Kit Project
          FREE Color LUT Collection
          FREE Physics Driven Spacecraft Project
          FREE GTA Style Vehicle Interaction
          Dynamic DoF(Depth of Field)
          Camera Crossfade

Comment

Originally posted by Jacky View Post
            It will. When you have a Director track(and a Fade track under it) but no specific camera controlling the director track, you see the fade in/out effect on player camera. So, you set your fade track's keys(fading to black) and then play the Matinee when the player dies, and then reverse it when the player respawns.
            I'm really new to Ue4, i will try this tomorrow.

But all i have to do it insert a fade track in a matinee and just make a blueprint that : eventbeginstart --> play --> the matinee

Comment

Okay i got it now, but i cant set a reference to a matinee actor in the bluprint of my object. And in the level blueprint i cant add referece to my object blueprint...

I need to make it so when the player overlaps with this object the effect will start

Comment

Working...
              X