This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rush321 View Post
    Can you at least 'throw us a bone' and say whether we are to wait days, weeks or months?
    Sorry it's been taking so long :-( Our current estimate is mid-June and I'll try to update the thread in case this changes.

Comment

There are some issues with banks using non-ISO compliant characters for names.

We had a report of a user in Poland who ran into an issue where their name was represented in non-latin characters on the bank's side. The problem is our web form and backend only support latin characters, which is causing the card to be rejected.

While we applaud proper handling of names in a global world, neither the ISO standard, nor we are ready for that yet :-/
      About non standard characters in names, solution is simple: put instead common character "ł" -> "l", "ś" -> "s" etc. - works with Mastercard

cheers form Poland :-)

Comment

+ 1 for paypal here. Strangely i have been paying the first months until my credit card has been denied the payment. I checked my bank account, then checked the card bills to see if there was unauthorized charges, nothing, two days later i made a purchase higher than ue4 monthly fee, all went well. Saw posts in other game forums saying even if the card is ok, some of them decline ue4, one person said it was because it could charge unknown amount on your card, thats why the card operator declines, now im afraid i order again and they block my card for "security measures". So just waiting for paypal lets hope this june it will be ok.

Comment

Apart from +1 for PayPal support, what are the chances to reduce the amount we have to pay if we are forced to pay in Euros? I mean, we essentially pay about 35% more than those who are allowed to pay in USD.
          <elmuerte> you shouldn't do all-nighters, it's a waste of time and effort
          <TNSe> nono
          <TNSe> its always funny to find code a week later you dont even remember writing
          <Pfhoenix> what's worse is when you have a Star Wars moment
          <Pfhoenix> "Luke! I am your code!" "No! Impossible! It can't be!"
          <@Mych|Lockdown> ...and the award for the most creative spelling of "Jailbreak" goes to ... "Gandis Jealbrake Server"

Comment

Originally posted by Wormbo View Post
            Apart from +1 for PayPal support, what are the chances to reduce the amount we have to pay if we are forced to pay in Euros? I mean, we essentially pay about 35% more than those who are allowed to pay in USD.
            I can certainly see how our pricing as displayed on the site can create the perception of 1 EUR == 1 USD.

The fine print is that the EUR price includes VAT (which I believe is up to 27% depending on territory) whereof with USD customers it is exclusive of VAT and based on location is tagged on at the end. A common sales tax in the US is around 7%.

Comment

Daniel - Any possibility that in the future we will be able to pay upfront for a predetermined period of time instead of having to rely on making sure monthly charges go through? Say a 3, 6, 12 month upfront payment for those who want that option?

Also, will there be the possibility in the future to manage multiple licenses through one account for smaller companies? At the moment separate accounts need to be created for multiple licenses or we need to contact Epic for custom licensing. It would be better for companies that have small teams and do not need custom terms to be able to buy multiple seats through one account.

Comment

Originally posted by badsensation View Post
                Daniel - Any possibility that in the future we will be able to pay upfront for a predetermined period of time instead of having to rely on making sure monthly charges go through? Say a 3, 6, 12 month upfront payment for those who want that option?

Also, will there be the possibility in the future to manage multiple licenses through one account for smaller companies? At the moment separate accounts need to be created for multiple licenses or we need to contact Epic for custom licensing. It would be better for companies that have small teams and do not need custom terms to be able to buy multiple seats through one account.
                Our main priority right now is adding PayPal support, but you are not the first to request the other items. Noted :-)

Comment

"Payment declined" here also. I've had a talk with support (and my bank credit card) and the conclusion is that card is not working with that payment processor. Anyway, really strange because I never had a problem with this credit card. So, after I've dig a little into forums, I've found the Entropay solution, and .. I AM IN! Apparently first test is done! Now, I have a question, is there any place where I can download an invoice? I've received a mail from billing with a welcome message, but no invoice, or should come later?

Thanks in advance!
                  Last edited by TDoro; 06-03-2014, 04:39 AM.

Comment

I had the "Payment is declined" ( from Italy ) message from you guys, I solved the problem by resubscribe and it worked out fine.

One big important question: if this will happen over the next months do my account face any kind of problems because of the "unsubscribe>re-subscribe" happening over and over again?

I mean do I get a kind of suspended account or something like that, since its not possible to unsubscribe and subscribe over and over again?
                    ENTER REALITY

VR Solutions

Contact us for more informations

Comment

If you do have an interruption in payment, there is no type of penalty. You actually are allowed to unsubscribe and resubscribe later, as often as you would like. While unsubscribed, you only lose the ability to access new updates and new content. When you subscribe again, you can access these.

Cheers!
                      Last edited by Stephen Ellis; 06-03-2014, 02:02 PM.
                      Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas3D View Post
                        One big important question: if this will happen over the next months do my account face any kind of problems because of the "unsubscribe>re-subscribe" happening over and over again?
                        That behavior is totally fine with us.

The one gotcha is that we remove your Github access after a grace period on a lapsed account and that sadly implies that your fork will be wiped. We're not happy with this flow as that is not our intention, but it is how Github works with private forks :-/

Comment

Availability in SEA Region?

Hello Unreal,

I would like to ask when will Unreal Engine 4 be available in South East Asia Region or Any other Asia country in general ?... I really want to buy and evaluate Unreal for use in our production. Its been a while since the release of UE4, can you tell us whats your plan to support user in the SEA Region?

thank you

Comment

Hello Epic and community,

+1 for paypal

Comment

Quick update on PayPal -- we're in the process of testing the integration right now and hope to release it within the next week or so. Fingers crossed.

I'm sorry I don't have an update on territories we currently don't support :-( It is a mutual desire for us to be able to provide you with the engine!

Comment

Has anyone come up with a solution for "500 | Server Error, We are currently doing some updates to the site."?

I have tried chrome, firefox, IE and safari on Windows and OSX respectively and chrome on my phone, wiped all cookies and cache and I'm still getting this error. Using same mastercard that paid for 2 previous months quite perfectly now all of a sudden the site wont work no matter time of day, so I would doubt it actually really is maintenance related.

That fry gif linked earlier certainly applies here, too!

Thanks..

Comment

Working...
                                X