Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IKinema now available in UE4 for $19,99/month for movie like procedural animation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IKinema now available in UE4 for $19,99/month for movie like procedural animation

Hi Community,

It's here, it really is, movie like procedural animation for just $19.99 a month. Try it, you won't believe how great it is!

We are very pleased to announce that IKinema RunTime is now fully integrated into Unreal Engine 4.

We have brought the full and optimized tool-set to you, nothing is hidden or disabled! We have followed the excellent
    example of Epic and we are now pleased to offer all for just $19,99 per month. For the same subscription
    you also get a professional account for WebAnimate.

You can easily achieve all this; This was built with the same plugin and you will get all this in the demo pack!

We have implemented many Blueprint nodes and procedural animation of
    any creature, human or fantasy, couldn't be now easier. This is documented here
    http://www.ikinema.com/?mod=documentation&show=184

To help you, we have put together many demo behaviours that would be good to get you going
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJdcDJvqh9c

The demo pack, demo game and assets could be found here
    http://www.ikinema.com/?mod=document...and Behaviours

The initial run-time engine is PC only, but we will add iOS and Android in a couple of months.

This is just the beginning and we will be adding many more examples, tutorials as well as IKinema features like Centre of Mass animation,
    Procedural 2D animation, balance, force and physics, but meanwhile feel free to pass questions to our forum
    http://www.ikinema.com/?mod=forum

Save time and bring next generation animation to your games

Enjoy!

Alex and IKinema Team

That's actually pretty cool

Comment

very awesome, and useful!
      Game Artist

Comment

It looks freakin' awesome but what's up with the lighting on some of the guards at 3:28-ish?
        KITATUS
        "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

Comment

Does this work with the skeleton created with the A.R.T. tools provided within UE4 for Maya? Cuz that would be every single kind of amazing that has ever existed ever.

Comment

Looks amazing!
            Should allow usernames shorter than 7 letters though, that's pretty silly.

Comment

Hi guys
              Thank you for the feedback!

Yes it would work with the ART skeleton, we will actually do a quick demo behaviour on this to show you how. The rig is not fixed in IKinema in any way, as long as you have a continuous hierarchy of bones you can apply the solver, snake, human, dragon, anything...

Comment

Originally posted by Knobbynobbes View Post
                Does this work with the skeleton created with the A.R.T. tools provided within UE4 for Maya? Cuz that would be every single kind of amazing that has ever existed ever.
                From what I see on youtube, you can convert any skeleton into IKinema rig in maya. That assuming you have IKinema plugin for maya.

On other hand I don't think runtime have any special requirments on how the skeleton should be contructed, you define everything in animation blueprint.
                https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

Comment

You don't need Maya for the creation of the rig, you use WebAnimate, see the first tutorial here

You can do the same in Maya and the clients on our partner program do use our Maya based pipeline, but we have created a port of this to WebAnimate.

Any skeleton compatible with Unreal will work.

Comment

This is pretty impressive. I'll no doubt be checking this out in the near future.

Project Reverie Game | SEJonF.com | Twitter | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles Free Asset Demo | Ice Shader

Comment

@alex-ikinema

From reading through your license agreement, it seems that while you can cancel the subscription at anytime, but once you do cancel you lose all rights to use Ikinema in any way. Which includes having it in a game that you have already developed and are already selling. So from my layman understanding of your license, a developer would have to withdraw from sale any game that they had used Ikinema in, as soon as they stop subscribing.

While $19.99 a month seems a very reasonable price, this does seem a unusual license. Normally I would expect to at least be able to continue to sell games that was developed while I was subscribing, even if I couldn't use the product to develop any future games
                      Last edited by MattW; 04-17-2014, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Hi Matt,

This is not meant to read in this way - you can definitely publish a game and continue sell the game even though you don't have an subscription.

We will review how it reads now and we will amend if necessary so sorry for the confusion!

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by MattW View Post
                          @alex-ikinema

From reading through your license agreement, it seems that while you can cancel the subscription at anytime, but once you do cancel you lose all rights to use Ikinema in any way. Which includes having it in a game that you have already developed and are already selling. So from my layman understanding of your license, a developer would have to withdraw from sale any game that they had used Ikinema in, as soon as they stop subscribing.
                          That's how I read it as well. Please clarify this. If it's true, I want no part of this...

On Edit: Sorry Alex I posted this at the same time you replied to Matt and just read your reply...
                          Last edited by Zeeker; 04-17-2014, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by alex-ikinema View Post
                            You don't need Maya for the creation of the rig, you use WebAnimate, see the first tutorial here

You can do the same in Maya and the clients on our partner program do use our Maya based pipeline, but we have created a port of this to WebAnimate.

Any skeleton compatible with Unreal will work.
                            Hey thanks! Good to know.

Just watching these videos, looks to me like it blow HumanIK from AD out of water. So much time saving.
                            I'm not animator, but I will just play around it, to just see what is possible.

You guys really should part of IPP (:.
                            https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

Comment

Working...
                            X