No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No idea, not an issue with the branch. Others have reported really slow speeds with cloning and such, not sure if that includes GitDependencies as well
    NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
    Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Are we free to modify and use the example content? I.e. Could I ship a character using the hair from the examples? As long as the head pivots on the same spot (and has a cranium in the same place) I can save money on a Maya/Max license! But it does require exporting out the example skeletal mesh to match these up....

Comment

Originally posted by Squarecoin View Post
        Are we free to modify and use the example content? I.e. Could I ship a character using the hair from the examples? As long as the head pivots on the same spot (and has a cranium in the same place) I can save money on a Maya/Max license! But it does require exporting out the example skeletal mesh to match these up....
        Yes, you may do with the assets as you please.

Comment

Originally posted by PLASTICA-MAN View Post
          @GalaxyMan2015 Could you please upload the examples you showed with the setups you did for them? Thanks.

@Mike Would you add a goo shader and special goo behaviour to get results like in the Flex viewer where the goo, looks different than water, feels different, heavier and viscous and has other physics and sticks to meshes and to characters when it touches them unlike water (I know you are preparing sand/dirt shader, since there are sand sampels too with much more different physics and looks than water and goo)? If not, do you have a gudie how to mimic its behaviour too look like goo and behaves like goo physically and and make it sticky like in the Flex viewer demos? Thanks.
          We will be adding more examples, offering a range of behavior. I'll put goo on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikand79 View Post
            Nvidia's branch is under the EULA as any other fork we can see in Epics GitHub organization, so it's absolutly fine to use it and create commercial products with it. This is generally true for all forks in the organization, as this is required by the license.
            Exactly. Your right to develop and distribute a game using Unreal Engine 4 and VXGI, HairWorks, FleX, HBAO+, WaveWorks, etc., is determined by the terms of the Unreal Engine 4 license.

--Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
              Exactly. Your right to develop and distribute a game using Unreal Engine 4 and VXGI, HairWorks, FleX, HBAO+, WaveWorks, etc., is determined by the terms of the Unreal Engine 4 license.

--Mike
              Good news for me
              Thanks
              Last edited by Blue man; 05-26-2015, 11:12 AM.
              Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
              Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
              Projects: Giants Of Destruction

Comment

@GalaxyMan2015
                Hi i downloaded your source code and compiled it.
                But when i trying to open editor its crashing and trying me to send feedback to Epic

Edit:

Sorry for quick wanting help from you .
                I checked logs and found
                Fatal error: [File:Z:\Ue4nvidia\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\ShaderCompiler\ShaderCompiler.cpp] [Line: 139]
                Invalid ShaderCompileWorkerOutputVersion. Rebuild Programs -> ShaderCompileWorker to fix this.

and then recompile ShaderCompileWorker now its working
                Last edited by ihavenick; 05-26-2015, 04:38 PM.
                ihavenick.net | Free, simple tutorials and news.
                atacetin.net | My portfolio page

Comment

@GalaxyMan, just in case you missed it, the project files: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...int=file%2czip

Enjoy breaking VXGI with it!

As far as I'm aware there isn't anything in there that should be breaking lightmap generation. It -does- work, just not in the base preview 3 build or the combined build. Wouldn't be so bad if VXGI wasn't getting some really bad leaking on the left wall in the first room and the ceiling in the second.

Edit: @Mike.Skolones, of course if you want, feel free to get it as well for testing. A large chunk of the scene is just modified example content, but the thin walls and overhanging roof present problems that VXGI seems to have trouble with. There are also a few other problems I noticed in the scene, like the Apex cloth I have doesn't bounce any light with VXGI (neither diffuse nor specular work properly).
                  Last edited by Zero-Night; 05-27-2015, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel.Wenograd View Post
                    @GalaxyMan, just in case you missed it, the project files: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...int=file%2czip

Enjoy breaking VXGI with it!

As far as I'm aware there isn't anything in there that should be breaking lightmap generation. It -does- work, just not in the base preview 3 build or the combined build. Wouldn't be so bad if VXGI wasn't getting some really bad leaking on the left wall in the first room and the ceiling in the second.
                    Sorry, yes I did miss it, downloading it now.

Comment

Hello.
                      Will these changes be integrated in https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/ ?
                      When HairWorks will be available in main EpicGames repo?
                      Best regards, Arthur Khusnutdinov.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Khusnutdinov View Post
                        Hello.
                        Will these changes be integrated in https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/ ?
                        When HairWorks will be available in main EpicGames repo?
                        Best regards, Arthur Khusnutdinov.
                        Hopefully at some point, but for the time being Nvidia and Epic keeping it separate, same as how Substance Designer's plugin is a separate build. Hopefully when the market supports C++ plugins, it'll become an option. A lot of the stuff on the Gameworks branch is WIP as well.

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
                          Sorry, yes I did miss it, downloading it now.
                          For reference, https://www.dropbox.com/s/c38j8uspzxw02hk/1.png?dl=0 and https://www.dropbox.com/s/u508fkbvtlwrq9e/2.png?dl=0 are what it's supposed to look like. I've been struggling to get the VXGI build to look comparable to it. The first picture I will admit probably looks much darker than it's meant to, I've been working on a monitor with horrible calibration and it makes everything way too bright. I did try to compensate, but until I get the chance in a few days to bring it in to where there are properly calibrated monitors, it's just guesswork.

Comment

@Mike, any reason that a tool couldn't be built for generating the HairWorks splines in-engine? It seems to me it's mostly a case of just setting up 1 spline with N knots per vertex along the surface normal, and then letting the user bend them around and save it into the APEX format.
                            Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Originally posted by n00854180t View Post
                              @Mike, any reason that a tool couldn't be built for generating the HairWorks splines in-engine? It seems to me it's mostly a case of just setting up 1 spline with N knots per vertex along the surface normal, and then letting the user bend them around and save it into the APEX format.
                              I am planning on working on one myself if NVIDIA choose not to, doing exactly as you stated, and having options to brush, scale, cut, etc. It doesn't even need to be saved in APX format, as the library allow you to create hair from just data, of course it should allow for exporting to APX format, but I believe this is also supported by the library

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
                                I am planning on working on one myself if NVIDIA choose not to, doing exactly as you stated, and having options to brush, scale, cut, etc. It doesn't even need to be saved in APX format, as the library allow you to create hair from just data, of course it should allow for exporting to APX format, but I believe this is also supported by the library
                                I don't know of any technical reason why this couldn't work, or why technically it shouldn't be done, but as I recall, whenever I bring up the subject here of a complete in-engine toolchain, some of our lead technical artists on the HairWorks project push back vigorously. Toochain and workflow are largely a matter of preference, but our artists believe that much of the work should be done in the DCC plugins together with a dedicated tool like the HairWorks viewer. Not being a production artist myself (or any kind of artist really), I like the idea of having a complete toolchain in-engine, at least one that would let you do, say, 90% of the operations that the full toolchain provides. This makes it much easier to introduce the feature to new people, demonstrate it, roll out new versions, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X