No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having HBAO+ in the build also lets you just offer more options. If VXGI is too performance heavy for someone, always good to have alternative ways of doing things, and VXGI's AO solution might not catch the small details HBAO+ will. I wonder if the two effects would actually work well together?
    Last edited by Zero-Night; 05-24-2015, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel.Wenograd View Post
      Having HBAO+ in the build also lets you just offer more options. If VXGI is too performance heavy for someone, always good to have alternative ways of doing things, and VXGI's AO solution might not catch the small details HBAO+ will. I wonder if the two effects would actually work well together?
      This was actually one of the scenarios which I thought about before posting, but I was more interested in the technical aspect, so I left that out.

Offering more options for the player is always a good thing (in my opinion).
      But one thing to consider is that your level has to work with and without VXGI. Maybe offer LPV or Ryan's AHR as alternative? You could just turn off VXGI, but that would heavily impact the appearance of maps (depending on how they are setup).
      At least this is what I imagine, would be nice to get the perspective of a level designer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakraid View Post
        This was actually one of the scenarios which I thought about before posting, but I was more interested in the technical aspect, so I left that out.

Offering more options for the player is always a good thing (in my opinion).
        But one thing to consider is that your level has to work with and without VXGI. Maybe offer LPV or Ryan's AHR as alternative? You could just turn off VXGI, but that would heavily impact the appearance of maps (depending on how they are setup).
        At least this is what I imagine, would be nice to get the perspective of a level designer.
        So agree. For example VXGI or AHR can be complemented with HFGI, as it's quite more efficient than trying to voxelize the terrain and keep nice small detail. Speaking for AHR now as I'm not quite sure if you can do this on VXGI, but don't see a reason why not, falling back to static lighting or even complementing dynamic with static lighting it's also possible, and might be useful on some scenarios.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanTorant View Post
          So agree. For example VXGI or AHR can be complemented with HFGI, as it's quite more efficient than trying to voxelize the terrain and keep nice small detail. Speaking for AHR now as I'm not quite sure if you can do this on VXGI, but don't see a reason why not, falling back to static lighting or even complementing dynamic with static lighting it's also possible, and might be useful on some scenarios.
          Thats the plan for my game, VXGI will be a highend feature for interior scenes, HFGI will be for exterior scenes, and then I will have standard + fill lighting for the lower end. I will just mark lights as being GI or non GI and switch as required.
          NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
          Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

@GalaxyMan2015 - Lookin forward to checking out your merged branch
            Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Okay here we go, merged branch of VXGI + HairWorks + FleX + HBAO+ in v4.8 preview 3

Link: https://github.com/GalaxyMan2015/Unr...I_FleX_HW_HBAO

Click image for larger version

Name:	MergedShot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	1078870

Note: I have done my best to merge all the different technologies into one branch and upgrade to the latest version of the engine. The engine itself is a preview release, so this comes with its own issues, as well as potential issues with upgrading the NVIDIA code. This branch is not endorsed by NVIDIA, and therefore any problems experienced using this branch should not be reported to NVIDIA. If you want to help troubleshoot their technologies, please use the official NVIDIA branch. You can report problems with my branch to me, and I will try to fix when possible.

The technologies mostly work fine, but there are some things that don't work together. ie. FleX fluid does not work with VXGI or HBAO. and there may still be some unexplained crashes, I personally didnt experience any myself, but does not mean there isn't any. Also included in this version is FleX particles respect the world gravity. I have also made the world gravity property in the World Settings blueprint writable. So you can script gravity changes to make some cool effects.

I will continue to create the sample content and upload later. I figured you guys would rather get your hands on the merge rather than wait for my samples. The NVIDIA samples should work with this branch.

Comment

Wow @Galaxyman 2015. Very good work. Looking forward for your sample content especially a world gravity Flex sample. I can wait for your samples and download your branch later. Thank you

Comment

I'm following this thread from the beginning, very cool and interesting work with all this nvidia tools!
                  I'm wondering why there is no seperate section for all the nvidia tools here on the forum ? Wouldn't it be much more comfortable to have a nvidia section with seperate threads for hair works, vxgi etc... ?
                  Maybe even some tutorials...

Comment

Thanks Galaxy Man for your effort in creating merged branches with your own samples as well. Much appreciated.

Comment

Thank you for your work. I am getting an error from UnrealHeaderTool-Core.dll compilation, namely:
                      2>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'GFSDK_VXGI_x64.lib'

I surely forgot to add it somewhere but I see no reference to gfsdk_vxgi in the project. Is that normal?

edit: ok, I just copied it from the NVidia git and it works, thanks!
                      Last edited by vimaxus; 05-25-2015, 02:59 PM.

Comment

I got this error when at 99% of the 4.8 merged build setup, Galaxyman...

Click image for larger version

Name:	z3v299p.png
Views:	1
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	1078881

any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Tryedz View Post
                          I got this error when at 99% of the 4.8 merged build setup, Galaxyman...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40963[/ATTACH]

any ideas?
                          Move it to a more shallow directory. Seems its too deep. Other than that, I haven't had that issue before, but I tend to store my files in directories like G:\UnrealEngine

Comment

Been having some trouble compiling it myself. It was complaining about missing a few files here and there, so I grabbed them off the Nvidia branch (it was missing files from VXGI, HBAO+, and FleX). Even after adding them back in, I'm getting this error when trying to compile:

Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol NvAPI_D3D11_CreateRasterizerState referenced in function "protected: struct nvgiutil::FVXGIRendererInterfaceD3D11::StateSet const & __cdecl nvgiutil::FVXGIRendererInterfaceD3D11::getStateSet(struct VXGI::RenderState const &)" (?getStateSet@FVXGIRendererInterfaceD3D11@nvgiutil@@IEAAAEBUStateSet@12@AEBURenderState@VXGI@@@Z) E:\UE4 Builds\UnrealEngine-4.8p3_VXGI_FleX_HW_HBAO\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\Module.D3D11RHI.cpp.obj UE4
                            Error 2 error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals E:\UE4 Builds\UnrealEngine-4.8p3_VXGI_FleX_HW_HBAO\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-D3D11RHI.dll UE4
                            Error 3 error : Failed to produce item: E:\UE4 Builds\UnrealEngine-4.8p3_VXGI_FleX_HW_HBAO\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-D3D11RHI.dll E:\UE4 Builds\UnrealEngine-4.8p3_VXGI_FleX_HW_HBAO\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\ERROR UE4
                            Error 4 error MSB3073: The command "..\..\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat UE4Editor Win64 Development" exited with code -1. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 38 5 UE4

Any ideas on a fix?

Comment

hmm.. not sure on what files are missing, just took a quick glance, they all seem to be accounted for. As for the error, thats because the dependencies replace certain VXGI NVAPI files that are required. You need to replace the ThirdParty\NVIDIA\Nvapi directory with the one from the branch after downloading the dependencies.

EDIT: Im guessing anyone who is getting missing files, its probably the .gitignore missing them, since Binaries\ThirdParty were forced added to the repo. They are there, I can see them, but maybe cloning the branch is missing them.

EDIT: Ah dammit, fault is at my end. .gitignore strikes again. Will fix missing files soon.
                              Last edited by GalaxyMan2015; 05-25-2015, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Okay hopefully I caught all the missing files this time. Please let me know if you still have troubles

Comment

Working...
                                X