NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PLASTICA-MAN View Post
    Zip file. I stopped using git since it is complicated like I said. Is the git version better and doesn't have those problems and missing files?
    Hi, i have the same issue, when i unzip the unblocked file i get this issue : " ! F:\UE4 releases\PHYSX\unblock\UnrealEngine-VXGI.zip: Erreur de somme de contrĂ´le dans F:\UE4 releases\PHYSX\unblock\UnrealEngine-VXGI\UnrealEngine-VXGI\Samples\UserContent\SciFiHallway\Content\Textures\Door_02_M2.uasset. Le fichier est corrompu "
    Door_02M2.uasset. seems to be corrupted ...

Comment

Originally posted by dvd.kh
      This is only VXGI ... not distancefield ... it's not realistic shadow

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40559[/ATTACH]
      OK, now I really understand what's happening UE is just not my area, sorry - I work on VXGI core primarily.

Distance field shadows currently cannot be used during voxelization. So when you have a DF-shadowed and VXGI enabled light, it will be voxelized as if it had no shadows. It should be technically possible to use DF ray tracing during voxelization, but I'm afraid it will be very slow. Maybe a solution to that would be to make UE render a regular shadow map for those lights as well, and use the shadow map for voxelization instead of the DF.

Comment

Zip file. I stopped using git since it is complicated like I said. Is the git version better and doesn't have those problems and missing files?
        I have had problems with the zip files, I will test it today to see if the same problem occurs for me.

Comment

ok ... & now how to get soft shadows like distancefield with only the vxgi ? need any newer version or update for the vxgi??
          I just found a quick&dirty solution to make lights with DF shadows properly voxelized - we just need to render regular shadow maps for them. We'll try to get a proper solution in the next update, but here's what you can do right now.

1. In Engine/Source/Runtime/Renderer/Private/ShadowRendering.cpp, replace line 3267:
          Code:
          if (ProjectedShadowInfo->bAllocated && !ProjectedShadowInfo->bTranslucentShadow && !ProjectedShadowInfo->bRayTracedDistanceFieldShadow)
          with the following:
          Code:
          if (ProjectedShadowInfo->bAllocated && !ProjectedShadowInfo->bTranslucentShadow)
          2. In Engine/Source/Runtime/Renderer/Private/ShadowSetup.cpp, comment out or remove all 4 lines that mention "bRayTracedDistanceFieldShadow" (655, 1664, 2106, 2144).

3. Build and run UE4.

Comment

Thanks ... but is it depends on distancefield ?
            Yes. With these changes, you'll get soft distance field shadows and correct VXGI voxelization, therefore correct indirect lighting. Shadows in the voxel representation of the scene will be sharp, but you shouldn't notice that normally.

Comment

OK ... But i'll hope to use the next vxgi with VXGI SOFT Shadows !
              VXGI cannot replace shadows from regular lights, and most likely it never will. It can, however, render pretty nice shadows from area lights (emissive objects) if you use more diffuse cones, 16 for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
                I have had problems with the zip files, I will test it today to see if the same problem occurs for me.
                If I redownload the github version and just copy/paste the SciFi Hallway content to my compiled location, willt hat work?

Comment

If I redownload the github version and just copy/paste the SciFi Hallway content to my compiled location, willt hat work?
                  Probably. In theory you should get the same code whether you clone it or download the zip file.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
                    Probably. In theory you should get the same code whether you clone it or download the zip file.
                    I tried to download using github client but I always get fatal error and failed to clone error. I could clone the HairWorks branch via github client since it is not that big while I couldn't for VXGI because it is over 2GB. I contacted github support a long time ago and he said that Github may fail to clone big files. Now zip files has missing files like I noted. It seems Github isn't really the best choice for such NVidia big works. I never had problems with SVN.

Comment

I have had no issues cloning the files from github, I have both the VXGI and HairWorks branches cloned right now. I can also say I am also experiencing warnings when opening the Sci-Fi demo level with a cloned version.
                      NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                      Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
                        I have had no issues cloning the files from github, I have both the VXGI and HairWorks branches cloned right now. I can also say I am also experiencing warnings when opening the Sci-Fi demo level with a cloned version.
                        Really? and How did you clone both branches using github client (I don't know how to sue gitsheel)? Did you clone HairWorks to a location then removed the UnrealEngine repository from client then cloned VXGI to anotehr loaction (which clones UnrealEngine repository with same name but has VXGI files)? Is that the procedure you followed? I read that Github client can't clone different branches from same repository since every branch has the name of the Repository cloned each time (here UnrealEngine) and I can't add other bbarnch content to same cloned repository sicne they both have same names. Github client isn't that good for cloning. I really hope they solve their cloning size limit and branches cloning one day.

Comment

Im not using the Windows Git client, I am using TortoiseGit, so I just cloned the repo, then renamed the folder, and cloned again so I have UnrealEngine-HairWorks and UnrealEngine-VXGI
                          NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                          Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
                            Im not using the Windows Git client, I am using TortoiseGit, so I just cloned the repo, then renamed the folder, and cloned again so I have UnrealEngine-HairWorks and UnrealEngine-VXGI
                            I always use the Git shell in a Windows PowerShell console. The Windows Git client is weak. I've heard good things about the Tortoise integration of Git too, some people in the office prefer that because it works pretty much like the Tortoise Subversion integration.

Comment

If you prefer a GUI, SourceTree seems pretty nice for using GitHub. I've used it to clone multiple versions. Though don't ask me how to get things to actually sync on the GitHub website itself. Haven't tried merging different branches with it yet.

So what happened with the Witcher 3? Apparently the developers said HairWorks couldn't be optimized for AMD. I honestly prefer Nvidia DCC tools. Speaking of which, I can't find the latest versions, nothing seems to show up on my devsupport account.

Comment

Hi, i need some help about merging several gameworks build using zip file.
                                I have succeed to compile hairworks, I' like know how to merge others builds ??
                                Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X