• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Not sure if its on my end or what.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    anyone having issues with https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngi...orks+WaveWorks download? I get a Failed – Network Error

happens around 700 mbps

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by emanuel.may View Post
    we have the problem that the AO seems to be leaking from the main viewport into all other editor viewports, which is very visible in other editor preview screens. I am not sure why this would happen at the moment, but I suspect the change for forward-rendering might be the culprit. Probably only one RenderTarget is used for all Viewports, but I don't find the issue so far. Any idea how we can solve this?
    Well... that's not good

I dont have 4.21 GW built atm but you could try reverting this commit from 4.21-Gameworks using git:
    https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngi...361e943fdd8350
    after that HBAO+ renders directly on top of color instead of AO RT. Downside is that this commit was used to have AO have lesser effect in direct light so that will not happen anymore (you'll see the AO effect on sunlight then unlike with unreals own AO) + HBAO+ will not work on forward shading enabled anymore.

If it's still leaking after reverting that commit, then it's issue on Nvidia's VXGI branch itself.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey 0lento thank you very much for maintaining your repos of Gameworks features!

We recently updated to 4.21 and merged your HBAO+ version for 4.21 into our engine as well. Unfortunately since then we have the problem that the AO seems to be leaking from the main viewport into all other editor viewports, which is very visible in other editor preview screens. I am not sure why this would happen at the moment, but I suspect the change for forward-rendering might be the culprit. Probably only one RenderTarget is used for all Viewports, but I don't find the issue so far. Any idea how we can solve this?

Btw this also happens with any of the Sample projects in your HBAO+VXGI+TXAA branch. Just enable HBAO+ and open two screens. The AO from the main viewport should leak into the other viewports.

I would appreciate any help

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is it possible to activate or spawn Flex shape emitters in game? I tried, but the editor crashes with an error message:

[2019.05.03-08.55.38:084][770]LogWindows: Error: === Critical error: ===
    [2019.05.03-08.55.38:084][770]LogWindows: Error:
    [2019.05.03-08.55.38:084][770]LogWindows: Error: Assertion failed: Container->IsMapped() [File:C:\git\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\GameWorks\Flex\Source\Flex\Private\FlexParticleEmitterInstance.cpp] [Line: 82]

When looking at that line in the source code, it looks like this is the expected behaviour.

What I want to do is have a shape emitter being ready, and when an event happens it spawns the particles. I then want to be able to invoke the same spawning again multiple times.
    Funny thing is that it works if I do it in the editor by having the checkbox "Auto Activate" unchecked when the game starts, then pause the game and check it. This works exactly the way I want, but I can't get it to work from a blueprint script.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by 0lento View Post
    Thanks for the help! Unfortunately that seems to be above my capabilities right now, hopefully I'll get the opportunity to pass your advice onto someone more capable in my workplace.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by wickerman123 View Post

Are there any steps I can follow to do the merge myself? It's not something I've ever done.
    See this post: https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...34#post1559934

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I never included AudioWorks on my merges mainly because it only runs on Nvidia Maxwell+, AMD users can't use it. I wouldn't expect updating it to be difficult as long as the old audio system and it's audio framework structure isn't changed radically in UE4.
    Are there any steps I can follow to do the merge myself? It's not something I've ever done.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by wickerman123 View Post
    Has anyone here got a build of AudioWorks in a later version of the engine? The Github repo is ancient and is built for 4.15.

I have next to no experience with Visual Studio but I had a quick look at the project and it seems that only 2-3 base classes have been changed and the rest is third party dependencies. Surely this makes it a lot less difficult to update to a newer version like 4.21? If that's the case, are there any guides on merging/updating that I can follow?
    I never included AudioWorks on my merges mainly because it only runs on Nvidia Maxwell+, AMD users can't use it. I wouldn't expect updating it to be difficult as long as the old audio system and it's audio framework structure isn't changed radically in UE4.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Has anyone here got a build of AudioWorks in a later version of the engine? The Github repo is ancient and is built for 4.15.

I have next to no experience with Visual Studio but I had a quick look at the project and it seems that only 2-3 base classes have been changed and the rest is third party dependencies. Surely this makes it a lot less difficult to update to a newer version like 4.21? If that's the case, are there any guides on merging/updating that I can follow?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by wangxihappyhappy View Post

I packaged the waveworks tester too and encountered the same problem. Did you find and solution?

It was solved in 4.19.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by 황용수 View Post
    Hi! everyone..

I have a trouble..

Now i am testing nvidia waveworks.

When i tested in Editor, it was successful.
    but i packaged program, it was crash.

I think it was relative with shader, because i met this error message.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LoginId:aab2f45649d338800007d6ae6e72db2a
    EpicAccountId:2d7fa9ae0b134dc98fea1542a7cbf458

Assertion failed: (Index >= 0) & (Index < ArrayNum) [File:F:\UnrealEngine-4.18.3-release\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Containers/Array.h] [Line: 610] Array index out of bounds: 0 from an array of size 0

Wave_Win64_DebugGame!FDebug::AssertFailed() [f:\unrealengine-4.18.3-release\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\assertionmacros.cpp:414]
    Wave_Win64_DebugGame!TBasePassWaveWorksDrawingPolicy<FUniformLightMapPolicy>::ConfigureQuardTreeInputMapping() [f:\unrealengine-4.18.3-release\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\basepassrendering.h:1420]
    Wave_Win64_DebugGame!TBasePassWaveWorksDrawingPolicy<FUniformLightMapPolicy>::TBasePassWaveWorksDrawingPolicy<FUniformLightMapPolicy>() [f:\unrealengine-4.18.3-release\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\basepassrendering.h:1515]
    Wave_Win64_DebugGame!FDrawTranslucentMeshAction::Process<FUniformLightMapPolicy>() [f:\unrealengine-4.18.3-release\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\translucentrendering.cpp:491]
    Wave_Win64_DebugGame!ProcessBasePassMesh<FDrawTranslucentMeshAction>() [f:\unrealengine-4.18.3-release\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\basepassrendering.h:2080]
    Wave_Win64_DebugGame!FTranslucencyDrawingPolicyFactory:rawWaveWorksMesh() [f:\unrealengine-4.18.3-release\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\translucentrendering.cpp:718]
    Wave_Win64_DebugGame!FTranslucencyDrawingPolicyFactory:rawDynamicWaveWorksMesh() [f:\unrealengine-4.18.3-release\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\translucentrendering.cpp:795]
    Wave_Win64_DebugGame!FTranslucentPrimSet::RenderWaveWorksPrimitive() [f:\unrealengine-4.18.3-release\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\translucentrendering.cpp:1106]
    Wave_Win64_DebugGame!FTranslucentPrimSet:rawWaveWorksPrimitives() [f:\unrealengine-4.18.3-release\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\translucentrendering.cpp:1003]
    Wave_Win64_DebugGame!FDeferredShadingSceneRenderer::RenderWaveWorks() [f:\unrealengine-4.18.3-release\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\translucentrendering.cpp:1771]
    Wave_Win64_DebugGame!FDeferredShadingSceneRenderer::Render() [f:\unrealengine-4.18.3-release\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\deferredshadingrenderer.cpp:1260]
    Wave_Win64_DebugGame!UpdateSceneCaptureContentDeferred_RenderThread() [f:\unrealengine-4.18.3-release\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\scenecapturerendering.cpp:267]
    Wave_Win64_DebugGame!UpdateSceneCaptureContent_RenderThread() [f:\unrealengine-4.18.3-release\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\scenecapturerendering.cpp:309]
    Wave_Win64_DebugGame!TGraphTask<TEnqueueUniqueRenderCommandType<`FScene::UpdateSceneCaptureContents'::`12'::CaptureCommandName,<lambda_2f5b22162577ad8db4efab9192d8d401> > >::ExecuteTask() [f:\unrealengine-4.18.3-release\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:787]
    Wave_Win64_DebugGame!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksNamedThread() [f:\unrealengine-4.18.3-release\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:651]
    Wave_Win64_DebugGame!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [f:\unrealengine-4.18.3-release\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:560]
    Wave_Win64_DebugGame!RenderingThreadMain() [f:\unrealengine-4.18.3-release\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:327]
    Wave_Win64_DebugGame!FRenderingThread::Run() [f:\unrealengine-4.18.3-release\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:461]
    Wave_Win64_DebugGame!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [f:\unrealengine-4.18.3-release\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:76]
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know solution. Pleas help me.
    I packaged the waveworks tester too and encountered the same problem. Did you find and solution?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi YONI_G

I think those quotes may answer your question:

No plans, hoping Nvidia will upgrade it at some point.
    that's because:

​​​​​​​
    Originally posted by ax448 View Post
    By the way 0lento , I imagine that at this point UE 4.22's rendering backend has changed so much that there's not much of a possibility of VXGI2 ports to 4.22 and up unless Nvidia update their branch, right? Though I suppose it's pretty much invalidated by the presence of RT creeping into UE anyhow.

I guess I'll have to start messing around with RT in UE once nvidia pushes out those DXR drivers sometime now in April.
    (For anyone unaware: Nvidia is pushing a GTX Raytracing driver sometime now in April, which'll enable DXR on older Gpus. ( 1060 6GB and stronger, basically. )
    Which will let us use the RT features in unreal, though massively slower than on a RTX card. )
    This is a valid concern. I'm afraid it might affect other GW techs too, not just VXGI and Nvidia has pretty much dropped the ball for these integrations lately. I hope they can start updating them again.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Any plans to include Flex in this soon?
    <<
    11-29-2018, 03:38 PM
    Just pushed out update for merged 4.21 GameWorks: https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngi...4.21-GameWorks

This repo contains following GameWorks techs:
    - Blast 1.1.4
    - Flow 1.0.1
    - HairWorks 1.4
    - HBAO+ 4
    - TXAA 3
    - VXGI 2.0.1

I've tested most of the techs to work fine on sample projects using both editor and packaged development builds so things should be in order but do report if you have issues with it.
    Last edited by 0lento; 03-11-2019, 10:09 AM.
    https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngine (GameWorks tech merges & upgrades, UE4 physics modifications)
    >>

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The roadmap on trello has been updated with info showing that Niagara and Chaos integration is done for UE 4.23 although as per previous announcement we know it still is beta stage until 4.24 later on:

https://trello.com/c/i51lp6R5/389-ni...-chaos-physics

https://trello.com/c/naYvhUWj/387-gp...n-enhancements

Leave a comment:

Working...
X