Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
    Hello friends,

Very sorry for the long delay and my absence from the forum lately, things have been busy with travel, etc. I'm happy to announce that the first-pass integration of HairWorks is up on Github now, https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/HairWorks. There are plenty of issues yet to be resolved, we're not happy with the shadows and aliasing, and there are other rendering artifacts here and there. Also, this first pass is implemented using Blueprints for managing and tuning the hair assets, and we expect this will change in the near future, so please don't expect any assets you create with this first-pass integration to be future-proof. Be sure to plug in an Xbox controller when running the HairWorks map, the controls are blueprinted to the controller buttons right now; we'll create a keyboard map in a future pass.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Now this is what I like to wake up to, thanks for HairWorks repo, I will get right on to having a play with it. See if theres any way I can help out with some of the rendering issues
    NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
    Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

alright. all i did was create a new camera and locked my editor on it. Then hairs flew away like this. I didn;t touch anything except camera.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	185.1 KB
ID:	1078552
      Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

when i see this way there is no roblem.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	1078555

Comment

Really really liking hairworks so far. Very impressed especially considering its still in its early stage of development.

This was my most anticipated feature
          Steve S.

Comment

Is there some way I can get an email or notification when HairWorks is in the public (non-github) UE4?
            My project is on hold until I can give my humans hair

Comment

Originally posted by Mittens View Post
              Is there some way I can get an email or notification when HairWorks is in the public (non-github) UE4?
              Epic tells me that this feature won't become mainstream for UE4 anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
                alright. all i did was create a new camera and locked my editor on it. Then hairs flew away like this. I didn;t touch anything except camera.
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]40066[/ATTACH]
                Weird. I'll pass that along.

Comment

Yeah I get same camera weirdness. It has some connection to the 'aspect ratio' of the camera. If there's letterboxing of any kind the hair is transposed in one direction or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarecoin View Post
                    Yeah I get same camera weirdness. It has some connection to the 'aspect ratio' of the camera. If there's letterboxing of any kind the hair is transposed in one direction or the other.
                    Good to know, we'll look into it. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Mittens View Post
                      https://trello.com/b/gHooNW9I/ue4-roadmap
                      Hair / fur shading in list Rendering
                      May - June- July(UE 4.9?)
                      Last edited by Aabs Inc.; 05-19-2015, 12:04 PM.

Comment

By the way when i render out using matinee. It works just fine. No flyaways.

Comment

Originally posted by Aabs Inc. View Post
                          https://trello.com/b/gHooNW9I/ue4-roadmap
                          Hair / fur shading in list Rendering
                          May - June- July(UE 4.9?)
                          I guess they mean their own proprietory hair tech rather than HairWorks or TressFX. I'm curious to see what Epic will come up with, both for rendering as well as simulation.
                          ArtStation - Portfolio

Comment

Hey !
                            I tried to create a new Engine with the VXGI but i have this error

Unknown exception - code 00000001 (first/second chance not available)

Fatal error: [File:E:\Unreal Engine\UnrealEngine-VXGI\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\Windows\GI_InterfaceD3D11.cpp] [Line: 1950]
                            VXGI Error: NvAPI_D3D_GetObjectHandleForResource failed (E:\Unreal Engine\UnrealEngine-VXGI\Engine\S

KERNELBASE + 109229 bytes
                            UE4Editor_Core!FOutputDeviceWindowsError::Serialize() + 285 bytes [e:\unreal engine\unrealengine-vxgi\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsplatformoutputdevices.cpp:95]
                            UE4Editor_Core!FMsg::Logf__VA() + 463 bytes [e:\unreal engine\unrealengine-vxgi\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:526]
                            UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!nvgiutil::FVXGIRendererInterfaceD3D11::signalError() + 202 bytes [e:\unreal engine\unrealengine-vxgi\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\windows\gi_interfaced3d11.cpp:1950]
                            UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!nvgiutil::FVXGIRendererInterfaceD3D11::disableSLIResouceSync() + 77 bytes [e:\unreal engine\unrealengine-vxgi\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\windows\gi_interfaced3d11.cpp:1964]
                            UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!nvgiutil::FVXGIRendererInterfaceD3D11::createTexture() + 751 bytes [e:\unreal engine\unrealengine-vxgi\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\windows\gi_interfaced3d11.cpp:246]
                            GFSDK_VXGI_x64!VXGI::AllocationMap::AllocateResources() + 135 bytes [d:\depot\sw\devrel\libdev\gi\dev\bugfix_main\giworks\src\gi_allocationmap.cpp:107]
                            GFSDK_VXGI_x64!VXGI::GlobalIllumination::AllocateResources() + 749 bytes [d:\depot\sw\devrel\libdev\gi\dev\bugfix_main\giworks\src\gi_base.cpp:374]
                            GFSDK_VXGI_x64!VFX_VXGI_CreateGIObject() + 260 bytes [d:\depot\sw\devrel\libdev\gi\dev\bugfix_main\giworks\src\gi_base.cpp:130]
                            UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!FD3D11DynamicRHI::CreateVxgiInterface() + 1156 bytes [e:\unreal engine\unrealengine-vxgi\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\windows\windowsd3d11device.cpp:416]
                            UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!FD3D11DynamicRHI::InitD3DDevice() + 1855 bytes [e:\unreal engine\unrealengine-vxgi\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\windows\windowsd3d11device.cpp:637]
                            UE4Editor_RHI!RHIInit() + 105 bytes [e:\unreal engine\unrealengine-vxgi\engine\source\runtime\rhi\private\dynamicrhi.cpp:54]
                            UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::PreInit() + 7624 bytes [e:\unreal engine\unrealengine-vxgi\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:1199]
                            UE4Editor!GuardedMain() + 251 bytes [e:\unreal engine\unrealengine-vxgi\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:110]
                            UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() + 26 bytes [e:\unreal engine\unrealengine-vxgi\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:126]
                            UE4Editor!WinMain() + 249 bytes [e:\unreal engine\unrealengine-vxgi\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:202]
                            UE4Editor!__tmainCRTStartup() + 329 bytes [f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618]
                            Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by dvd.kh
                              Hi Mike ...

I merged the VXGI , HBAO , FLEX & the WAVEWORKS together successfully ...

but when tried to merged the HAIRWORKS to this got this errors!! why ?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40130[/ATTACH]
                              Err. I don't know. I'll have to try it. Which order did you do the merge? HairWorks at the end?

Comment

Originally posted by erodann View Post
                                Hey !
                                I tried to create a new Engine with the VXGI but i have this error

Thank you
                                Which GPU and which driver are you using? Sounds like maybe a driver update would fix it.

Comment

Working...
                                X