NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi mike
    i m very happy to see a Work-in-Progress: VXGI Multi-bounce! i want so much play with it hhehehehee
    you have any idea when this release?????? weeks, months???

Comment

That is looking great! I'm really excited to see this included in UE4 =)
      How many bounces can you do?
      http://www.pixelpirates.se/
      Architectural and product visualisations

Comment

I have a question... Is there a merged branch with VXGI and HBAO+ available so far? I haven't checked the thread in a while, but I checked the entire thread just now and the only merged branch I could find was the old one that Galaxyman made. Is there a newer build?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
          We do have someone working on that, but I don't have an ETA. So many projects in flight at the same time, it's difficult to get the schedule under control. But if you are seriously interested, I'll see what I can do to speed things along.
          I really want to see the nvidia turbulence in ue4 .
          And I need it to create many effects like this in my game .
          www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuZQpWo9Qhs

Comment

Welcoem back Mike. It seems you didn't see my question in last page I asked you: does the fluid include the goo fluid too besides water (which has different behaviour than water, kinda heavier, just like in the demo. In the fluid sample demo, I saw three types and colours for fluid interaction balls: blue for water, green for goo surely and orange. What do orange interaction balls represent and wil they be available with water and goo fluid shaders when they are done? Thanks !

Note that the image below is not from UE4, it's from our VXGI sample application.

From one of the VXGI developers:
            "These images are rendered with the latest version of VXGI, which supports multiple indirect bounces (right column) and with single bounce for comparison (left column). One spot light, no ambient, no light maps, no SSAO.
            While multibounce support was primarily added to improve diffuse and specular lighting, it plays really well with refractions too. While we already have support for multibounce in UE, there are no such refractive materials there yet....so it's not quite ready for release yet."
            Also this looks completely wonderful and as expected. refractions seem nice. I hope indirect reflections are well handled too so we won't need SSR anymore. Does this new iteration support recursive reflections?

Also where can I downlaod this VXGI sample application? I am very excited . Thank you !

Comment

Hey Mike, is there any ETA on +4.7.5?
              Since I'm not used to Github I have issues merging the changes, so I'm kinda stuck with my project right now...(not that much of a deal, since I have exams anyways, but would be nice to get a rough idea when the update gonna be)

Greetings,
              Dakraid

Comment

Yes, the word is that the engineer isn't happy with the shadows and a few other artifacts, and is saying he needs more time. I'd rather push a first pass into the repo, even if there are a few artifacts that will be fixed in the coming days, rather than delay more. What do you think?
                Personally I'm in your camp - an early version would be appreciated, even if it still has problems. I've been waiting for the water rendering (in whatever form) before checking out the FLeX repos.

Also, drool @ multi-bounce VXGI, it looks gorgeous. Do want.
                Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

The risk is that if we don't do these changes, it's possible that after we do you would have to import and tune your assets again, because we might not be able to guarantee forwards compatibility of the code paths. What do you think?
                  I think release it early so people can get their hands on it. Just put a warning somewhere assets might need changing at a later point.
                  --------------------------------------------------------
                  [New On Marketplace] Custom Character Creator
                  [Marketplace]Multiplayer Melee Combat System - Animated Crossbow

Comment

Originally posted by PLASTICA-MAN View Post
                    Welcoem back Mike. It seems you didn't see my question in last page I asked you: does the fluid include the goo fluid too besides water (which has different behaviour than water, kinda heavier, just like in the demo. In the fluid sample demo, I saw three types and colours for fluid interaction balls: blue for water, green for goo surely and orange. What do orange interaction balls represent and wil they be available with water and goo fluid shaders when they are done? Thanks !
                    The goo and water use the same shader for rendering, at least they do in the Flex standalone demo's, the only difference is the viscosity and the anisotropy of the particles. The orange interaction balls however, I believe the only orangy looking ones I saw were for sand, so I suspect thats what you are referring to, I believe Mike said earlier that sand will come after fluid.
                    NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                    Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

i smell HW coming to UE4. Nvidia just posted this
                      https://www.facebook.com/NVIDIA/vide...type=2&theater xD
                      Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

@galaxyman do you have any plan for merging hw with others?

Comment

Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
                          @galaxyman do you have any plan for merging hw with others?
                          Well at the very least I will be making a 4.8 merge of VXGI and HW, just because they are the two I plan to use. After that I will make a full merge of as many as I can.
                          NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                          Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
                            Well at the very least I will be making a 4.8 merge of VXGI and HW, just because they are the two I plan to use. After that I will make a full merge of as many as I can.
                            Oh yeah! mine too haha. Thank you.

Comment

Does that mean they are working on porting that refractive material to UE4? Looks like it would make an awesome glass shader!!

Note that the image below is not from UE4, it's from our VXGI sample application.

From one of the VXGI developers:
                              "These images are rendered with the latest version of VXGI, which supports multiple indirect bounces (right column) and with single bounce for comparison (left column). One spot light, no ambient, no light maps, no SSAO.
                              While multibounce support was primarily added to improve diffuse and specular lighting, it plays really well with refractions too. While we already have support for multibounce in UE, there are no such refractive materials there yet....so it's not quite ready for release yet."
                              Last edited by smokey13; 05-12-2015, 11:09 PM. Reason: fixed quote:)

Comment

Refractive materials are something that require a bigger change to the rendering system of the engine, which is something that Epic is working on.

Comment

Working...
                                X