No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Im not mistaken every GameWorks technology we got for free use here so far is bound to Windows and DX11 only.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
      The buoyancy physics is not yet implemented in UE4, but it should be straightforward to get the height data and calculate the intersection of the height field with, for example, a convex hull. When we get some extra time I hope to publish a boat sample using a PhysX rigid body for the boat hull, and a pawn controller that applies buoyancy, drag, propulsion, etc., similar to how the vehicle sample uses a pawn to create a PxVehicle.

Mike: Any progress or ETA for the boat sample?

Is Waveworks still available on the NvPhysX/UnrealEngine branch on Git? Can't find it.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36338[/ATTACH]
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]36339[/ATTACH]
        YESSSS!!!
        Is there a possibilty that you could "prerelease" the shader so we can start playing with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Number47 View Post
          YESSSS!!!
          Is there a possibilty that you could "prerelease" the shader so we can start playing with it?
          I'm goind to guess "no", simply because all of the gameworks branches released so far are prereleases for us to play with. Prereleasing a prerealease would be like launching H1Z1.

Comment

Originally posted by PLASTICA-MAN View Post
            Wow great, thanks for that. Looking froward to try it. I hope it will work well with WaveWorks in the upcoming merged branch.
            BTW, I noticed Flex 0.8.0 verison in your site. Any news about dirt/sand shader for Flex coming? In UE4 Flex and in Flex demo there are samples where you interact with sand and it is heavy and behaves diffrently from water when you walk on it, but there are only the interactions balls for the time being. Will you release sand/dirt shader with teh water shader or it will be in a future release? Thanks.
            Fluid will come before sand. We have one guy working on the shaders, these things will be accomplished one at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by casim View Post
              Mike: Any progress or ETA for the boat sample?

Is Waveworks still available on the NvPhysX/UnrealEngine branch on Git? Can't find it.
              It's right here. https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/WaveWorks

No progress on the boat sample yet. Sorry about that, too many projects going on.

Comment

Mike, is there an update coming for VXGI to 4.7.5 or higher?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikand79 View Post
                  If Im not mistaken every GameWorks technology we got for free use here so far is bound to Windows and DX11 only.
                  Sort of. All of the UE4-GW integrations on Github are Windows-only, at least for now. FleX and WaveWorks don't require DX11, the versions available today in the NvPhysX/UnrealEngine.git use CUDA for the simulation, and RHI/DX11 rendering because that is how UE4 works. We are working on DX Compute ports of both of these, to replace the CUDA simulation components. VXGI, HBAO+, HairWorks (soon) and (not so soon) TurfEffects will require DX11 compute shaders, as well as RHI/DX11 rendering imposed by UE4 for PC.

--Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Dakraid View Post
                    Mike, is there an update coming for VXGI to 4.7.5 or higher?
                    Sure, it's coming.

Comment

any news on faceworks?
                      Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Sort of. All of the UE4-GW integrations on Github are Windows-only, at least for now. FleX and WaveWorks don't require DX11, the versions available today in the NvPhysX/UnrealEngine.git use CUDA for the simulation, and RHI/DX11 rendering because that is how UE4 works. We are working on DX Compute ports of both of these, to replace the CUDA simulation components. VXGI, HBAO+, HairWorks (soon) and (not so soon) TurfEffects will require DX11 compute shaders, as well as RHI/DX11 rendering imposed by UE4 for PC.

--Mike
                        So in that case then. Is Flex compatible with almost all hardware? My hardware brain is falling behind but I heard something a while back suggesting that all this is only supported by nVidia graphics cards? (is that the CUDA element?) Sorry for being completely uneducated in this subject.

(P.S. Cant wait for HairWorks and TurfEffects )
                        Last edited by paulv2k4; 04-26-2015, 02:25 PM.
                        Currently working on PARGSoft Football

My day job is a C# ASP.NET Developer, I wish it was a games developer

Comment

Fluid will come before sand. We have one guy working on the shaders, these things will be accomplished one at a time.
                          Ah I see. Good luck with the awesome work. BTW, you said fluid, does that include the goo fluid too besides water (which has different behaviour than water, kinda heavier, just like in the demo. In the fluid sample demo, I saw three types and colours for fluid interaction balls: blue for water, green for goo surely and orange. What do orange interaction balls represent and wil they be available with water and goo fluid shaders when they are done? Thanks !
                          Last edited by Nudlegaru; 05-08-2015, 03:14 PM.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36338[/ATTACH]
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]36339[/ATTACH]
                            Is this functional on the latest branch? Last time I got around to compiling, i was only able to do the fluid balls. Is this already available in it? I need to get something like this running for a presentation so I'm getting really hopeful after seeing this.

Hope I can get a response soon so I can get on implementing it.

EDIT: I updated my copy per documentation in the branch 2 days ago, but don't see anything regarding the fluid material used in Flex demos. Hopefully I missed something. Looking forward to a response.
                            Last edited by sbnewsom; 04-27-2015, 03:00 AM.
                            Current Project: Shadow Over Isolation

Comment

Originally posted by sbnewsom View Post
                              Is this functional on the latest branch? Last time I got around to compiling, i was only able to do the fluid balls. Is this already available in it? I need to get something like this running for a presentation so I'm getting really hopeful after seeing this.

Hope I can get a response soon so I can get on implementing it.

EDIT: I updated my copy per documentation in the branch 2 days ago, but don't see anything regarding the fluid material used in Flex demos. Hopefully I missed something. Looking forward to a response.
                              No, it's not out yet, that's why I said it was a preview.

Comment

Hey, this is a silly question and sorry if it's been asked before but which GameWorks technologies work on the PS4?

Comment

Working...
                                X