NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaviorNT View Post
    Once 4.8 is released, who wants to build the Kite demo using VXGI with 3rd person, first person, and VR cameras?

Edit: For Epic, would it be ok to release this as a benchmark tool?
    I'm assuming if it was built as a standalone executable it would be fine, but if it came with the editor etc. it wouldn't be okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Blakblt
      Ok, after playing with VXGI for a solid amount of time now, I can confirm I am no longer having any issues. When I run setup directly from VXGI, I do. But when I run setup from release, and THEN switch to VXGI to finish, it works. I don't know why, but that's what is happening for me at least.
      Here it still crashes. I followed all the steps posted by Mike.Skolones in post #1197 and the assertion fault
      "Assertion failed: CascadeIndex < ARRAY_COUNT(CascadedShadowDepthZ)" persists.

Both demo scenes seem to work but when I create a new project (in my case first person BP) and click the play button it crashes. Another example is the "Blueprint" demo that you can find in the "Learn" section of the launcher. Here the editor doesn't even show up and eventually leads to the same assertion fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
        Your image http://i.imgur.com/Y1sePaL.png looks like VS2012, right? I'm under the impression that you must use VS2013 for UE4 these days. I only use VS2013, but I have noticed that sometimes my machine gets confused and attempts to open UE4's solution with VS2012, which doesn't work.

--Mike
        I think it's VS2013 with Update 2, I've installed it from my academic account in the university.

However, after reading your post decided to uninstall it, and installed the one in the GitHub VXGI page VS2013 with Update4. Sadly the same errors appeared

http://i.imgur.com/yrbbcOc.png

Mike if you're out of ideas, let it go. I'll try to find another machine and repeat everything.

http://textuploader.com/x7yl
        Here the debug text

Comment

Originally posted by sarfios View Post
          I think it's VS2013 with Update 2, I've installed it from my academic account in the university.

However, after reading your post decided to uninstall it, and installed the one in the GitHub VXGI page VS2013 with Update4. Sadly the same errors appeared

http://i.imgur.com/yrbbcOc.png

Mike if you're out of ideas, let it go. I'll try to find another machine and repeat everything.

http://textuploader.com/x7yl
          Here the debug text
          When you run setup.bat do you say "n" to overwriting the files?

Comment

Originally posted by Atle View Post
            When you run setup.bat do you say "n" to overwriting the files?
            Nope, I gave Yes. :O I guess I should try the other way around?

Comment

Nope, I gave Yes. :O I guess I should try the other way around?
              Yes, since you overwrite the needed Nvidia changes if say "n".

Comment

Originally posted by Atle View Post
                Yes, since you overwrite the needed Nvidia changes if say "n".
                Thanks @Atle
                This time, I've pressed "n" and will compile again to see what will happen.

Comment

Omg works thank you!!!! I"m so freaking happy the editor started!

*dies from excitement*
                  Last edited by sarfios; 04-21-2015, 04:22 AM.

Comment

Omg works thank you!!!! I"m so freaking happy the editor started!

*dies from excitement*
                    Nice
                    After some tweaking this ver looks very promising indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Trilec_Fbb View Post
                      Hi,
                      I see in the GitHub there have been mergers into the 4.7 ,as well as other mergers which seem to indicate FLEX,VXGI ,HBAO etc, are now combined into a single branch.
                      Sorry if it's plainly obvious, just wanted to know if my assumption is correct and if so could this be reflected in the GitHub page for NvPhysX/UnrealEngine so others may know

cheers, and fantastic work on these tech's
                      GalaxyMan published a merged branch, but I haven't published one yet. Still working on it, I have to split my time among several projects right now, sorry for the delay.

Comment

Hi, I am trying to build ue 4.7 vxgi but I get this error http://imgur.com/K1wcLpH
                        Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
                        Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
                        Projects: Giants Of Destruction

Comment

Originally posted by Blue man View Post
                          Hi, I am trying to build ue 4.7 vxgi but I get this error http://imgur.com/K1wcLpH
                          Hey Blue! You have exactly the same error as mine! But @Mike and @Atle helped me.

Have VS2013
                          After you run the Setup.bat you're supposed to press "n"

It worked for me =)
                          Last edited by sarfios; 04-22-2015, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Hey Blue! You have exactly the same error as mine! But @Mike and @Atle helped me.

Have VS2013
                            After you run the Setup.bat you're supposed to press "n"

It worked for me =)
                            I am going to be so happy if it works
                            Thank you
                            Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
                            Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
                            Projects: Giants Of Destruction

Comment

I've just tested the last VXGI version here. It's working, but the view dependency problems still persists. When turn my back to some geometry, it stops reflecting light and it looks like if someone had just turned a light off in the room behind me...

the right side light comes from a reflector outside the window bouncing light from a spotlight.

turning the camera a little bit to the left makes the lighting disappear, probably because the reflector stopped being voxelized and bouncing light..
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by rabellogp; 04-22-2015, 04:27 PM.
                              Guilherme Rabello Co-founder, Sureale
                              Artstation | Behance | Youtube | Instagram

Comment

Working...
                              X