NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blakblt View Post
    Hey Mike if possible can you mention some of the things you look for stability-wise in the VXGI builds? So far very, very few of the problems I've personally had or seen others have are things that would show up in CornellBox or SifiHallway (Directional Light crashes, Distance Field issues, etc.). Are there any other scenes you guys use to test VXGI , and if so, what would they include?
    I'm afraid we're a little thin on the testing front, we would welcome the community to submit example maps that turn up problems. We've been working with a few other scenes, I think we were running Effects Cave at one point, and some other levels. Please feel free to share whatever examples you have tried.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
      I'm afraid we're a little thin on the testing front, we would welcome the community to submit example maps that turn up problems. We've been working with a few other scenes, I think we were running Effects Cave at one point, and some other levels. Please feel free to share whatever examples you have tried.
      That explains it then. Testing new tech thoroughly isn't easy, but hey, that's what we're here for right?

Comment

Ok, after playing with VXGI for a solid amount of time now, I can confirm I am no longer having any issues. When I run setup directly from VXGI, I do. But when I run setup from release, and THEN switch to VXGI to finish, it works. I don't know why, but that's what is happening for me at least.

Comment

Need WaveWorks, FLEX And VXGI For UE 4.7.5.....

Comment

Thanks for keeping all the updates coming! Any word on how the hairworks implementation is coming along?

Comment

Once 4.8 is released, who wants to build the Kite demo using VXGI with 3rd person, first person, and VR cameras?

Edit: For Epic, would it be ok to release this as a benchmark tool?
              WIP: Science Project - A collection of middle school through advanced college level science theory and formula-based functions for use in your own projects
              World Machine to UE4 Export Macro
              WM Folder Generator - Creates a folder that you name with HeightMap, NormalMap, SplatMap, and Tile sub-folders

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
                I am very eager to get the HairWorks-UE4 integration pushed up onto Github, but there is more work ahead before we can do that. The latest I heard is that HW will be available in mid-April. Sorry for the delay! The first release will have some rendering limitations, but we plan to follow up with rendering improvements within a month or so after the first release.
                Hello Mike,
                Please let me know the HairWorks roadmap for "Maya 2016" support etc.
                Will Maya standard equipped XGen (not "Shave and a Haircut") be available for HairWorks in the future?
                Last edited by Aabs Inc.; 04-19-2015, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Installed the new VXGI branch. 1st try, 0 error. Can't wait to continue my scenes tonight! Thumbs up Nvidia!

Comment

Hey folks,

I got this error after the build.
                    http://i.imgur.com/Y1sePaL.png

Also after I've tried to run after it regardless the erros, I had Message saying "Plugin 'OculusRift' failed to load because module 'OculusRift" could not be found.

Edit

I've forgot, but firstly when I've started the setup bat I got in red lines
                    The following file(s) have been modified:
                    Engine/Source/ThirdParty/NVIDIA/nvapi/amd64/nvapi64.lib
                    Engine/Source/ThirdParty/NVIDIA/nvapi/x86/nvapi.lib
                    Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker.exe
                    Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-Core.dll
                    Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-DesktopPlatform.dll
                    Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-ImageCore.dll
                    Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-ImageWrapper.dll
                    Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-Json.dll
                    Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-MetalShaderFormat.dll
                    Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-Projects.dll
                    Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-RenderCore.dll
                    Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-RHI.dll
                    Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-SandboxFile.dll
                    Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-ShaderCompilerCommon.dll
                    Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-ShaderCore.dll
                    Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-ShaderFormatD3D.dll
                    Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-ShaderFormatOpenGL.dll
                    Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-ShaderPreprocessor.dll
                    Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-TargetPlatform.dll
                    Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-TextureFormatAndroid.dll
                    Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-TextureFormatDXT.dll
                    Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-TextureFormatPVR.dll

Edit2:

I've carefully researched it and saw that using third party unzipping software could cause somehting like that, so will give it another try

Edit3:

Tried with WinRar and the windows unzipper, also gave "UnblocK" in advanced, still the red lines appears... =(
                    Last edited by sarfios; 04-20-2015, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 01767456513parag View Post
                      Need WaveWorks, FLEX And VXGI For UE 4.7.5.....

I need it too, especially waveworks and flex, but without compatibility cross-plataform/nvidia/ati still like the last years, something cool for play in home, but nothing for implement in something serious.
                      Last edited by knack; 04-20-2015, 10:13 PM.
                      pd: excuse my english.

lfw/paid modeling, painting, texturing.

Comment

Originally posted by sarfios View Post
                        Hey folks,

I got this error after the build.
                        http://i.imgur.com/Y1sePaL.png

Also after I've tried to run after it regardless the erros, I had Message saying "Plugin 'OculusRift' failed to load because module 'OculusRift" could not be found.

Edit

I've forgot, but firstly when I've started the setup bat I got in red lines
                        The following file(s) have been modified:
                        Engine/Source/ThirdParty/NVIDIA/nvapi/amd64/nvapi64.lib
                        Engine/Source/ThirdParty/NVIDIA/nvapi/x86/nvapi.lib
                        Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker.exe
                        Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-Core.dll
                        Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-DesktopPlatform.dll
                        Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-ImageCore.dll
                        Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-ImageWrapper.dll
                        Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-Json.dll
                        Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-MetalShaderFormat.dll
                        Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-Projects.dll
                        Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-RenderCore.dll
                        Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-RHI.dll
                        Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-SandboxFile.dll
                        Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-ShaderCompilerCommon.dll
                        Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-ShaderCore.dll
                        Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-ShaderFormatD3D.dll
                        Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-ShaderFormatOpenGL.dll
                        Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-ShaderPreprocessor.dll
                        Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-TargetPlatform.dll
                        Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-TextureFormatAndroid.dll
                        Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-TextureFormatDXT.dll
                        Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-TextureFormatPVR.dll

Edit2:

I've carefully researched it and saw that using third party unzipping software could cause somehting like that, so will give it another try

Edit3:

Tried with WinRar and the windows unzipper, also gave "UnblocK" in advanced, still the red lines appears... =(
                        Have you tried building the ShaderCompileWorker tool in the UE4 programs folder? 'Cause that issue have already been addressed several times in this topic.

Click the tiny bird!
                        It'll take you to my stuff!

Comment

@fdslk

Now after you've mentioned it, I remember seeing same thing somewhere, but forgot to correlate it with my issue. Currently I'm doing second compile again after it's done, I'll make sure to compile the shader folder! Thanks! I hope this will work

EDIT:

Didn't work : (
                          Last edited by sarfios; 04-20-2015, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Hi,
                            I see in the GitHub there have been mergers into the 4.7 ,as well as other mergers which seem to indicate FLEX,VXGI ,HBAO etc, are now combined into a single branch.
                            Sorry if it's plainly obvious, just wanted to know if my assumption is correct and if so could this be reflected in the GitHub page for NvPhysX/UnrealEngine so others may know

cheers, and fantastic work on these tech's

Comment

Originally posted by sarfios View Post
                              @fdslk

Now after you've mentioned it, I remember seeing same thing somewhere, but forgot to correlate it with my issue. Currently I'm doing second compile again after it's done, I'll make sure to compile the shader folder! Thanks! I hope this will work

EDIT:

Didn't work : (
                              Your image http://i.imgur.com/Y1sePaL.png looks like VS2012, right? I'm under the impression that you must use VS2013 for UE4 these days. I only use VS2013, but I have noticed that sometimes my machine gets confused and attempts to open UE4's solution with VS2012, which doesn't work.

--Mike

Comment

4.7.6 is released, it seems it corrects a crash on startup for MAC users.
                                Last edited by Nudlegaru; 04-20-2015, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X