NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
    Something sounds wrong there. Are you running the latest driver? By 'sample scene', do you mean the Cornell Box? It sounds like you are seeing anomalous behavior, I don't know why that would happen. Could you capture a movie with stats visible? Did you say you are running the version from GalaxyMan's repo? Have you also tried the 4.6 version from the NvPhysX repo? I'm wondering if something is amiss with the 4.7.3 changes. We should have a fresh update from the VXGI team later this week, I know they had some concerns about the changes they had seen in 4.7.3.

Thanks,
    Mike
    I'll get on that tonight, sorry for the delay! Been a busy bee

Is there a way to preview the Voxelization in the Editor too? Perhaps I'm doing a lot more samples than anybody else without intending too. I'm only using a 1920*1080 monitor though.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJamsh View Post
      I'll get on that tonight, sorry for the delay! Been a busy bee

Is there a way to preview the Voxelization in the Editor too? Perhaps I'm doing a lot more samples than anybody else without intending too. I'm only using a 1920*1080 monitor though.
      Have you tried "r.VXGI.DebugMode 2"? This should show the voxelization.

Comment

Originally posted by stargatefreak92 View Post
        About FLEX, would it be able to do something like the FluidSurface Actor? Something like cloth, but then allowing objects to pass through?
        That's what we're working on. You can see the intended effect in the FleX demo, which is buried down in the Third Party source folders.

Comment

Originally posted by sarfios View Post
          Hey @Mike

Thanks for trying to lend a hand!

I just couldn't stay still and wait for all these amazing things getting integrated in the Engine. I've downloaded this https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine I hope it includes VXGI, which is my most desired chocolate from the box.
          Then I applied all the steps, Downloading Visual Studio 2013 and everything else.

By run the editor, I though it's Test>Run All test, now I'm waiting some kind of compiling to finish... laughs on everyone readying this... =D

It's suppose to start it from UnrealEngine-release\UnrealEngine-release\Engine\Binaries\Win64 somewhere?

Sorry for getting in with such shallow matter, but it's your bad for making GameWorks so appetizing that couldn't be resisted!
          Hi, welcome to the party! Compiling UE4 takes a looong time on most machines. I usually run the editor from Visual Studio, by setting the UE4 to be the 'startup project', using 'Development Editor' as the configuration choice in the dropdown list at the center of the menu/tool bar. There are plenty of resources in the UE4 docs regarding the details of how to run UE4 from Visual Studio.

Regarding "I hope it includes VXGI, which is my most desired chocolate from the box.", if you downloaded by cloning the tree using Git, you will have to 'checkout' the VXGI branch. If you download by grabbing the zip file, you get it by selecting 'VXGI' in the little window that says 'branch:release' in the upper-left corner of the table on the Github page, then click the 'Download Zip' button found in the lower-right corner.
          Last edited by Mike.Skolones; 04-08-2015, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Thanks @Mike!

Throwing some light helped me a lot! Even it was side things from what you're here for! Glad we're having you here! Will try to create something beautiful with the VXGI! So the efforts are not in vain =)

Comment

@Mike greta news: 4.7.5 is up today and didin't take that long, you can update the GameWorks using it. Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by PLASTICA-MAN View Post
                @Mike greta news: 4.7.5 is up today and didin't take that long, you can update the GameWorks using it. Thanks !
                I don't see the need to update to 4.7.5 as this is only a hotfix.

Comment

Originally posted by gboxentertainment View Post
                  I don't see the need to update to 4.7.5 as this is only a hotfix.
                  If he can and that isn't hard, why not?

Comment

We still have lot of possibilities in current version. I think there is no need for upgrade. In 4.7 i dont see awesome as hell upgrades like 4.8. So we better wait for 4.8 to upgrade.
                    ----EDIT-----
                    Oh... 4.7.x was coming. Ok then xD
                    Last edited by Gandosh; 04-09-2015, 02:31 AM.
                    Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Heres the latest HBAO+ & VXGI testing. Running on an i7-Haswell && 460GTX

Click image for larger version

Name:	5PePlI0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	183.5 KB
ID:	1072184
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by DigitalKarnage; 04-09-2015, 04:41 AM.

Comment

Then you can update it to 4.7.5 or whatever new hotfix is out after it is released

Comment

Originally posted by gboxentertainment View Post
                          Then you can update it to 4.7.5 or whatever new hotfix is out after it is released
                          The thing is 4.7.5 fixed an important issue with projects ported from 4.7.3 to 4.7.4 and since GalaxyMan's version is 4.7.3, we risk to run into the same issues when Nvidia releases the GameWorks update on 4.7.4.
                          I would say update to 4.7.5 directly to avoid issues from the start.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakraid View Post
                            The thing is 4.7.5 fixed an important issue with projects ported from 4.7.3 to 4.7.4 and since GalaxyMan's version is 4.7.3, we risk to run into the same issues when Nvidia releases the GameWorks update on 4.7.4.
                            I would say update to 4.7.5 directly to avoid issues from the start.
                            I'll get to it, but it's nice to know it's easy to do. The thing is, anyone should be able to create their own working branch from vanilla UE4 release branch and merge the GW stuff into it, so it's not absolutely critical to have the GW branches immediately up to date with the latest release.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
                              I'll get to it, but it's nice to know it's easy to do. The thing is, anyone should be able to create their own working branch from vanilla UE4 release branch and merge the GW stuff into it, so it's not absolutely critical to have the GW branches immediately up to date with the latest release.
                              If it wouldn't be for the issue with the 4.7.3 to 4.7.4 update, I wouldn't care about 4.7.5, but since it's an issue which many could be affected by, I would rather play it safe.
                              I guess it's easy to update to 4.7.5 manually, since the changes shouldn't affect anything GW related, or? Haven't looked at them, so I'm not entirely sure.

Comment

Hi Mike, is there any plan to add the fluid mesher we saw in the Flex demos inside UE4? I saw some demos of Flex on UE4 with some liquid particles but without a mesh is quite odd. Any estimation about when are we going to have this?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                                X