Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rene View Post
    hi

Mike you say next week put the note of new vxgi version. The 2 bounce will be in the next version???? (please say yes hehehe).
    I'm afraid not, 2-bounce will take a while to implement and get it right.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodFox View Post
      I was trying to obtain the FleX-UE4 integration from the link they sent me. Has it been moved, or removed?
      No, the FleX-UE4 integration is just another branch on https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine. Look at https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/FleX

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
        Done for FleX, WaveWorks, HBAO+. We are waiting on VXGI for the new build next week.
        Thank you very much. Do you have any plans for merging the branches ine one branch having all of them or are waiting for the features to be finalised first? Also any updates about flex water and dirt/sand shaders? Thanks !

Comment

Hi mike,do you guys ever think how the user can integate your work to their own branch of engine? Say if I have a local branch which already contain lots of change of the engine,this branch maybe even not a github fork.And we develop game on that.So I can't directly get the waveworks branch and use it.What should I do? Merge the code manully will be very frustating and also suffer from future update. What's your idea on this issue? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by PLASTICA-MAN View Post
            Thank you very much. Do you have any plans for merging the branches ine one branch having all of them or are waiting for the features to be finalised first? Also any updates about flex water and dirt/sand shaders? Thanks !
            I started on a merged branch, and fixed the issue where FleX and WaveWorks didn't play nicely with the GPU resources. I'll continue to work on the merged branch after the new VXGI comes out this week. The FleX water shader should be out the door next week, I believe.

Comment

where can i get this? every link i seei n this post its broken

Comment

They're not broken, that's just GitHub weirdness. They really should be throwing a 403 forbidden instead of a 404 not found.

You have to be logged into GitHub, and you have to have your Unreal account linked to your GitHub account.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
                  I started on a merged branch, and fixed the issue where FleX and WaveWorks didn't play nicely with the GPU resources. I'll continue to work on the merged branch after the new VXGI comes out this week. The FleX water shader should be out the door next week, I believe.
                  Thank you very much for that and I hope to see sand/dirt shader too!

BTW , it seems 4.7.5 is coming soon because 4.7.4 has some critical errors. In case you need more infos to update NVidia gameworks branch with 4.7.5, please contact Epic staff for more infos. Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by Zhangjiq View Post
                    Hi mike,do you guys ever think how the user can integate your work to their own branch of engine? Say if I have a local branch which already contain lots of change of the engine,this branch maybe even not a github fork.And we develop game on that.So I can't directly get the waveworks branch and use it.What should I do? Merge the code manully will be very frustating and also suffer from future update. What's your idea on this issue? Thanks.
                    Yes, you should be able to merge the code and keep up to date. I can't promise that this would be trivial, but we've been doing this for years with UE3 and Perforce. I think the Github system should make it much easier. Of course, if your customized branch makes fundamental changes to the renderer or other systems that are touched by WaveWorks, VXGI, FleX, etc., you will have more work to do when you merge.

Comment

Originally posted by gboxentertainment View Post
                      You guys seem to be making this a bit more complicated than it should be.
                      I have never had problems getting every branch of vxgi to work, including the merged branch:
                      1. Download
                      2. Run Setup.bat
                      3. When it says in red "The following file(s) have been modified:" type "n".
                      4. GenerateProjectFiles.bat
                      5. Open UE4.sln and build UE4
                      6. Build ShaderCompilerWorker under Programs
                      I did everything. After I've build the shaderCompilerWorker, what's next?
                      Sorry, I'm not code-oriented

And someone please tell me the branch with https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine

Includes the VXGI or I'll put an end to my life :P
                      Last edited by sarfios; 04-07-2015, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sarfios View Post
                        I did everything. After I've build the shaderCompilerWorker, what's next?
                        Run the editor, load a map. Which branch are you using here? WaveWorks, VXGI?

Comment

Hey @Mike

Thanks for trying to lend a hand!

I just couldn't stay still and wait for all these amazing things getting integrated in the Engine. I've downloaded this https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine I hope it includes VXGI, which is my most desired chocolate from the box.
                          Then I applied all the steps, Downloading Visual Studio 2013 and everything else.

By run the editor, I though it's Test>Run All test, now I'm waiting some kind of compiling to finish... laughs on everyone readying this... =D

It's suppose to start it from UnrealEngine-release\UnrealEngine-release\Engine\Binaries\Win64 somewhere?

Sorry for getting in with such shallow matter, but it's your bad for making GameWorks so appetizing that couldn't be resisted!

Comment

Ah hello I am new to this I compiled Vxiglobal illumination branch from the github site and I am having an issue (I built it with 0 errors finally ) and when I run the editor it freezes at 9 %can anyone help me ? I am not the main programmer on the project I just wanted to test the Visual art asset

Comment

Originally posted by OceanI22A View Post
                              Ah hello I am new to this I compiled Vxiglobal illumination branch from the github site and I am having an issue (I built it with 0 errors finally ) and when I run the editor it freezes at 9 %can anyone help me ? I am not the main programmer on the project I just wanted to test the Visual art asset
                              It must be shader compiler (if i remember correctly). You have to build shader compile worker check back couple of pages for more information.
                              https://forums.unrealengine.com/atta...1&d=1424583503
                              Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

About FLEX, would it be able to do something like the FluidSurface Actor? Something like cloth, but then allowing objects to pass through?
                                Portfolio: https://www.artstation.com/final-frontier
                                Stargate & DHD: https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...5-stargate-dhd

Comment

Working...
                                X