Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by LewisH999
    I have about 75 to 100 errors while building UE4 with Nvidia Physx Flex.
    Can you try my branch? https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngi...PR-FleX-4.19.2. This branch used to build fine with VS2017 and has build fixes that are not present in the NvPhysX's branch. I made a PR for the fixes but Nvidia ignored it this time around (they accepted some similar PR I sent earlier), I'm guessing relevant people are just not following the PR's at all.

There's also 4.21 port here: https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngine/tree/4.21-FleX (credit to trashbyte for the 4.21 fixes).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    where is compile source of hairworks 4.23 or 4.24 official because epic give shave plugin for hairworks this https://github.com/EpicGames/Shave-And-A-Haircut

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by upstream99 View Post
    Is there a way to make HairWorks work in UE 4.22 or UE 4.23?
    i'm interested in 4.23 build too :\

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there a way to make HairWorks work in UE 4.22 or UE 4.23?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I know that we can use the GameWorks branches in commercial games, but I'm wondering about attribution and licensing fees/royalties. I am a developer, but going out on my own now. With all of the different licenses and such involved, what must I know so that I am compliant when I reveal, advertise, raise funds for, and release, etc.. my game? Thanks in advance.

Posted this in the issues list on github, but though maybe it's more appropriate to ask here.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by n00854180t View Post
    0lento - I've got a very basic merge of HairWorks into 4.23, it needs some more massaging particularly in terms of replacing calls to SetRenderTarget with BeginRenderPass/EndRenderPass and maybe a couple of other things before it'll start compiling all the way. Are you interested in taking a look if I set it up on a github branch? We can probably look at xoyojank's Flex 4.22 to get some ideas there.

Maybe collaborate on it.
    So it is possible!

Have you made any progress? I have a project using hairworks on 4.21 and would love to update it!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    WindyStrife I don't think I have active access to TrueSky anymore but step one in trying to solve that would be to see where this function actually is now:
    Code:
     error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __cdecl FD3D12CommandListHandle::AddUAVBarrier(class FD3D12Resource *)"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by 0lento View Post
    Is this simple to repro using stock hairworks samples?
    Yes.
    I checked. This problem with stock hairworks samples too.

We really hope for your help.
    Thank you so much.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @0lento: Compie Gamework 4.21 + Wavework with TrueSky Plugin give me this error, i tried it with source build 4.21.2 from epic games and it can complie,
    How can I fix it?? If you can let me know, thank you!

Code:
    2>  [1/1] UE4Editor-TrueSkyPlugin.dll
    2>     Creating library K:\UnrealEngine-4.21 (2)\Engine\Plugins\TrueSkyPlugin\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\TrueSkyPlugin\UE4Editor-TrueSkyPlugin.suppressed.lib and object K:\UnrealEngine-4.21 (2)\Engine\Plugins\TrueSkyPlugin\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\TrueSkyPlugin\UE4Editor-TrueSkyPlugin.suppressed.exp
    2>Module.TrueSkyPlugin.cpp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __cdecl FD3D12CommandListHandle::AddUAVBarrier(class FD3D12Resource *)" (?AddUAVBarrier@FD3D12CommandListHandle@@QEAAXPEAVFD3D12Resource@@@Z) referenced in function "public: static void __cdecl FD3D12DynamicRHI::TransitionResourceWithTracking(class FD3D12CommandListHandle &,class FD3D12Resource *,enum D3D12_RESOURCE_STATES,unsigned int)" (?TransitionResourceWithTracking@FD3D12DynamicRHI@@SAXAEAVFD3D12CommandListHandle@@PEAVFD3D12Resource@@W4D3D12_RESOURCE_STATES@@I@Z)
    2>K:\UnrealEngine-4.21 (2)\Engine\Plugins\TrueSkyPlugin\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-TrueSkyPlugin.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
    2>UnrealBuildTool : error : UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: K:\UnrealEngine-4.21 (2)\Engine\Plugins\TrueSkyPlugin\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-TrueSkyPlugin.dll
    2>                        (see ../Programs/UnrealBuildTool/Log.txt for full exception trace)
    2>Total build time: 73.57 seconds (Parallel executor: 0.00 seconds)
    2>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(44,5): error MSB3075: The command "..\..\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat UE4Editor Win64 Development -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command.
    2>Done building project "UE4.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
    Last edited by WindyStrife; 10-02-2019, 03:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by 0lento View Post
    That looks alarming I didn't make the HairWorks port initially myself so I have to recheck the changes to see what could have possibly made the difference. Is this simple to repro using stock hairworks samples?
    Today I will check the standard hairstyles. I will write here later.
    Thank you so much!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TrinityMS View Post
    We met a problem that HairWorks reflect light from point light. The hair makes everything around it much lighter when there is a point light.
    The problem doesn’t exist in UE4.19. But for creating the game we need to use UE 4.21 (or later) that makes hair to light.
    That looks alarming I didn't make the HairWorks port initially myself so I have to recheck the changes to see what could have possibly made the difference. Is this simple to repro using stock hairworks samples?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TankbusterGames View Post
    Hey, i have some troubles packaging the official 4.19.2 flex branch.
    I've build it with VS2015, everything working smooth, but when i package it, it has some errors
    This is a known issue with the nvidia's own branch, I have fixes for it here (I should probably just rename the branch to 4.19-FleX as it doesn't look like Nvidia is merging my PR for the fixes):
    https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngi...PR-FleX-4.19.2

Actual PR here: https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/pull/523

Basically you can just use that PR-FleX-4.19.2 branch as is, it only contains UE 4.19.2 and Nvidia FleX or alternatively copy the fixes over manually, all changes are in 3 commits.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey, i have some troubles packaging the official 4.19.2 flex branch.
    I've build it with VS2015, everything working smooth, but when i package it, it has some errors:

Code:
    [....]

D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\GameWorks\Flex\Source\Flex\Classes/FlexFluidSurfaceActor.h(11): error C2504: 'AInfo': base class undefined
    D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\GameWorks\Flex\Source\Flex\Classes/FlexFluidSurfaceActor.h(12): error C3646: 'Super': unknown override specifier
    D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\GameWorks\Flex\Source\Flex\Classes/FlexFluidSurfaceActor.h(12): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
    D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\GameWorks\Flex\Intermediate\Build\Win64\PW_TopLessBell\Inc\Flex\FlexFluidSurfaceActor.gen.cpp(63): error C2039: 'StaticConfigName': is not a member of 'AFlexFluidSurfaceActor'
    D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\GameWorks\Flex\Source\Flex\Classes/FlexFluidSurfaceActor.h(10): note: see declaration of 'AFlexFluidSurfaceActor'
    D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\GameWorks\Flex\Intermediate\Build\Win64\PW_TopLessBell\Inc\Flex\FlexFluidSurfaceActor.gen.cpp(63): error C3861: 'StaticConfigName': identifier not found
    D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\GameWorks\Flex\Intermediate\Build\Win64\PW_TopLessBell\Inc\Flex\FlexFluidSurfaceActor.gen.cpp(63): error C2039: 'AddReferencedObjects': is not a member of 'AFlexFluidSurfaceActor'
    D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\GameWorks\Flex\Source\Flex\Classes/FlexFluidSurfaceActor.h(10): note: see declaration of 'AFlexFluidSurfaceActor'
    D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\GameWorks\Flex\Intermediate\Build\Win64\PW_TopLessBell\Inc\Flex\FlexFluidSurfaceActor.gen.cpp(63): error C2065: 'AddReferencedObjects': undeclared identifier
    D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\GameWorks\Flex\Intermediate\Build\Win64\PW_TopLessBell\Inc\Flex\FlexFluidSurfaceActor.gen.cpp(63): error C3083: 'Super': the symbol to the left of a '::' must be a type
    D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\GameWorks\Flex\Intermediate\Build\Win64\PW_TopLessBell\Inc\Flex\FlexFluidSurfaceActor.gen.cpp(63): error C3083: 'WithinClass': the symbol to the left of a '::' must be a type
    D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\GameWorks\Flex\Intermediate\Build\Win64\PW_TopLessBell\Inc\Flex\FlexFluidSurfaceActor.gen.cpp(65): error C2614: 'AFlexFluidSurfaceActor': illegal member initialization: 'Super' is not a base or member

[....]

D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\Materials\MaterialExpressions.cpp(2548): warning C4996: 'UEnum::GetEnumName': GetEnumName is deprecated, call GetNameStringByIndex instead Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
    D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Public\UObject/Class.h(1808): note: see declaration of 'UEnum::GetEnumName'

[....]

ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\GameWorks\Flex\Binaries\Win64\PW_TopLessBell-Flex-Win64-Shipping.lib
    Is there a nice workaround here? Can i just somehow delete the "AFlexFluidSurfaceActor" ? I'm pretty new to C++ so this gives me much headaches, the more i do, the more i break.

Or is there a stable Version (maybe 0lentos) that allows to package the game without modification?
    I couldn't build 0lentos version on the first try, i think it's because of my VS2015,2017,2019 mishmash. 2015 and 2019 are working, but 2017 seems to be very buggy.....

If it should work, I'll do everything I can to migrate to a better version, but atm I'm not sure about it... help pls

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello 0lento

We are creating a «TrinityMS» game using Unreal Engine 4.21 with GameWorks from you.
    We met a problem that HairWorks reflect light from point light. The hair makes everything around it much lighter when there is a point light.
    The problem doesn’t exist in UE4.19. But for creating the game we need to use UE 4.21 (or later) that makes hair to light.

Here is a video about this problem

https://trinityvideogame.com/TrinityMS-UE_4_21.mp4

Would appreciate greatly if you could help us to solve this problem.
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

• replied
    how to build Houdini plugin in game work

Leave a comment:

Working...
X