Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by dvd.kh
    Are you kidding? I tested speed tree & interior scene & others ... everything is fine. you have to tweak the VXGI params ... Read the VXGI documentation that's available in VXGI branch. You have to spend time for getting good results ... nothing else ...
    Because it works for you doesn't necessarily mean it works for everyone else. You get that right? I am not getting stable results on animated Speedtrees. Obviously these produce moving shadows and when you have -example- a tree with a bush underneath it, with the bush hugging a wall, I can clearly see the AO and Colorbleed jumping allover the place. I've tested my *** off so please instead of telling me to tweak settings which is about as broad a comment as you can give, lets just assume for a moment that indeed I have read the documentation, know -to a certain extend- what I'm doing- and just see an issue I can't get rid of no matter how I try. I'll keep at this for sure but please show just a tad more respect to someone trying to achieve workable results as much as you are yourself.
    https://www.artstation.com/chesire

    Comment


      @dvd.kh can you please resize your picture? its getting hard to see other posts. Same images same size is pretty confusing.
      Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

      Comment


        Originally posted by DrifterGames View Post
        Thanks for all the great work. I'm really looking forward to turf effects, a quick question: How practical is turf effects for large (really expansive) outdoor scenes? Normal grass planes are awful performance-wise, wondering how turf effects fares...
        From what I've been told, TurfEffects does a much better job in performing transitions between LODs and you can have really smooth fade-outs which are barely noticeable. We still expect to have reasonably-sized coverage for the grass as the library currently does not have any build-in fallbacks which could scale well beyond ~500 meters (roughly when a single grass blade becomes comparable to a single pixel on a screen)

        Comment


          Originally posted by Chesire View Post
          Because it works for you doesn't necessarily mean it works for everyone else. You get that right? I am not getting stable results on animated Speedtrees. Obviously these produce moving shadows and when you have -example- a tree with a bush underneath it, with the bush hugging a wall, I can clearly see the AO and Colorbleed jumping allover the place. I've tested my *** off so please instead of telling me to tweak settings which is about as broad a comment as you can give, lets just assume for a moment that indeed I have read the documentation, know -to a certain extend- what I'm doing- and just see an issue I can't get rid of no matter how I try. I'll keep at this for sure but please show just a tad more respect to someone trying to achieve workable results as much as you are yourself.
          Yes, this does indeed sound like a classic voxel cone tracing issue. Because the color info in higher mip-maps voxels are propagated from the lower mip-maps voxels, any movement of a lit surface will have an impact on these higher mip-map voxels which cover a larger volume. This is most noticeable when moving an emissive object around - you will see stuttering and flickering, which is caused by a lack of smooth transition between the object moving from one higher mip-map voxel to another. You can probably call this some sort of temporal voxel aliasing, which is very difficult to address.

          A possible solution suggested in the GameDev forums was to perform some sort of voxel anti-aliasing, where the transparency of a voxel is dependent on the amount it is filled by the object. I have never been able to get this to work properly in my Opengl voxel cone tracing programming.

          A solution that I have got to work to address this was to increase the detail of the mip-map filtering. i.e. at the moment, I believe that the color values are averaged over 2x2x2 voxels. Increasing this filtering to 3x3x3 voxels will make a noticeable improvement to the flickering/stuttering caused by dynamic objects.

          Comment


            Can I use the NVIDIA HairWorks in Mobile and Tablet?

            Comment


              Originally posted by Aabs Inc. View Post
              Can I use the NVIDIA HairWorks in Mobile and Tablet?
              At this point HairWorks will require DX11 support.

              Comment


                Can I use the NVIDIA HairWorks in PS4, Xbox One and Mac?
                Windows Only?
                Last edited by Aabs Inc.; 03-30-2015, 11:26 AM.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Aabs Inc. View Post
                  Can I use the NVIDIA HairWorks in PS4, Xbox One and Mac?
                  As I said above, HairWorks is DX11 right now, and it will remain that way for some time. Mac will require a GL port; we may have XB1 and PS4 ports in progress already, I will check.
                  --Mike

                  Comment


                    Hi Mike. any news from faceworks?
                    Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

                    Comment


                      Do Will also corresponds to the Mobile & Tablet in the future?
                      Required Geometry Shader(Android Extension Pack, etc...)?

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Chesire View Post
                        1)Just a wild guess but it doesn't look like this works particularly well with animated light sources and/or geometry right?
                        I'm trying to render a scene with some Speedtrees flickerfree but failing miserably

                        2)Also spotting quite a lot of little corners and tight-fit geometry where there's flickering when doing an animation (only camera moves).
                        I've tried various approaches but once a piece of geometry flickers, I find the only solution to get rid of it is to move the geometry slightly further apart.
                        No issue whilst testing but for production I reckon it's a huge no. Any pointers as to what to do and what to avoid?
                        It should work fine with dynamic lights and meshes, it's fully dynamic

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Aabs Inc. View Post
                          Do Will also corresponds to the Mobile & Tablet in the future?
                          Required Geometry Shader(Android Extension Pack, etc...)?
                          It really depends on the capabilities of the device. These features are appropriate primarily for a higher-end PC at this point; soon we may see mobile devices with sufficient capabilities, but your typical mobile device performs like an older mid-range PC at best.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
                            Hi Mike. any news from faceworks?
                            Not yet, sorry, the Faceworks team has been working on other projects recently.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by dvd.kh
                              Hello Mike ... Howto solve the point light soft shadow problem? What happened?
                              Have you tried this with both the 4.7 (GalaxyMan2015) and 4.6 ( NvPhysX) branches? The VXGI team is looking into it, and believes this is a bug in the UE4 integration, not in VXGI library itself, because the VXGI library shouldn't affect the shadows that way. Hopefully we'll have a new build up later this week, with that artifact resolved.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
                                It really depends on the capabilities of the device. These features are appropriate primarily for a higher-end PC at this point; soon we may see mobile devices with sufficient capabilities, but your typical mobile device performs like an older mid-range PC at best.
                                As far as I know the Shield devices have the strongest GPU at this point (even with DX11 support) and the X1 is going to come out, but then again I only saw its use in a stationary console so far. I doubt that we will see hardware powerful enough anytime soon, manufacturers are not really considering mobile games when creating their devices, except for Nvidia, so most of the times more power is only used to outrun the competition, even if that leads to stupid decisions in so many cases.

                                I'm happy that we are finally advancing in graphical fidelity after so much time, so please don't ruin this by targeting mobile too

                                Anyways, I'm really looking forward to see more GameWorks coming out, a lot of the stuff looks so interesting. ^^

                                Greetings,
                                Dakraid

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X