No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried compiling the latest build but getting a undefined symbol error. Any idea? The error is this:
    Module.D3D11RHI.cpp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol NvAPI_D3D11_CreateRasterizerState referenced in function "protected: struct nvgiutil::FVXGIRendererInterfaceD3D11::StateSet const & __cdecl nvgiutil::FVXGIRendererInterfaceD3D11::getStateSet(struct VXGI::RenderState const &)" (?getStateSet@FVXGIRendererInterfaceD3D11@nvgiutil@@IEAAAEBUStateSet@12@AEBURenderState@VXGI@@@Z)

Comment

Originally posted by RyanTorant View Post
      Tried compiling the latest build but getting a undefined symbol error. Any idea? The error is this:
      Make sure to overwrite the ThirdParty/Nvidia directory with the one from github, as downloading the required dependencies actually overwrites changes required for VXGI to run.
      NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
      Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
        Make sure to overwrite the ThirdParty/Nvidia directory with the one from github, as downloading the required dependencies actually overwrites changes required for VXGI to run.
        That's probably it. Will test it when I get home, want to compare vxgi with my GI technique

Comment

Originally Posted by DIFTOW
          [/QUOTE]Using a point light (I thought I read there were issues with them earlier in the thread, but can confirm it works fine)
          I did however experience issues with directional lights. Flickering between 2 very different exposures.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried "Do Shadow Bounds Accurate" to off!
          I canĀ“t check it right now, but seem to remember it worked on a indoor scene.

Comment

That's probably it. Will test it when I get home, want to compare vxgi with my GI technique
            That didn't work, the folder was already there with all the files

Comment

That didn't work, the folder was already there with all the files
              When you download the package from GitHub, did you save the Nvidia folder somewhere else and then after downloading the dependencies copy it back and let it overwrite everything?
              I think there was something missing in the Nvidia folder from the VXGI branch, I'm not sure if it has been fixed yet. Maybe if you try the Merged branch?

Comment

Originally posted by Dakraid View Post
                When you download the package from GitHub, did you save the Nvidia folder somewhere else and then after downloading the dependencies copy it back and let it overwrite everything?
                I think there was something missing in the Nvidia folder from the VXGI branch, I'm not sure if it has been fixed yet. Maybe if you try the Merged branch?
                Yes, i let it overwrite everything. If it were some missing library, it will probably complain about that instead of an undefined symbol error. Seems that the library is out of date or something.
                What do you mean by the Merged branch? I can't see it on github

Comment

Yes, i let it overwrite everything. If it were some missing library, it will probably complain about that instead of an undefined symbol error. Seems that the library is out of date or something.
                  What do you mean by the Merged branch? I can't see it on github
                  Clone this and run setup, not overwrite nvidia files, and it should work.
                  https://github.com/GalaxyMan2015/Unr...ne/tree/Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Atle View Post
                    Clone this and run setup, not overwrite nvidia files, and it should work.
                    https://github.com/GalaxyMan2015/Unr...ne/tree/Merged
                    So, i downloaded the wrong branch? This https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/VXGI it's not the correct branch?

Comment

So, i downloaded the wrong branch? This https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/VXGI it's not the correct branch?
                      This one is Flex/VXGI merged on 4.7.3, so better I think, but that one worked fine when I used it if clone/setup not overwrite etc.

They are working on a new 4.7.3 ver I think, but if want VXGI with 4.7.3 now, GalaxyMan is tha Man
                      Last edited by Graute; 03-23-2015, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SaviorNT View Post
                        In regards to the Gameworks integrations, there are a few feature sets that seem to be planned or in the works in 4.8 that I am looking forward to. So in that regards, once 4.8 is released, how soon can we expect for the Gameworks integrations to be ported to 4.8?

In a similar fashion, are there plans in the works to integrate the tech directly into the native engine that we can download via launcher?
                        Given that we are still working on the 4.7 upgrades, and the going is slow because of having a lot of other work to do, I would say that the answer is that we would upgrade to 4.8 'as soon as possible', but that we cannot guarantee any particular date. Fortunately the community is pitching in here, and upgrades are being posted by community members before NV is able to publish our own.

Regarding the mainline engine integration, it is Epic's decision, and I'm sure they have many competing interests to balance.

--Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Atle View Post
                          This one is Flex/VXGI merged on 4.7.3, so better I think, but that one worked fine when I used it if clone/setup not overwrite etc.

They are working on a new 4.7.3 ver I think, but if want VXGI with 4.7.3 now, GalaxyMan is tha Man
                          Well, will download it later then. Thanks man!

Comment

Originally posted by Dakraid View Post
                            You guys seem to be making this a bit more complicated than it should be.
                            I have never had problems getting every branch of vxgi to work, including the merged branch:
                            1. Download
                            2. Run Setup.bat
                            3. When it says in red "The following file(s) have been modified:" type "n".
                            4. GenerateProjectFiles.bat
                            5. Open UE4.sln and build UE4
                            6. Build ShaderCompilerWorker under Programs

Comment

Originally posted by gboxentertainment View Post
                              I have never had problems getting every branch of vxgi to work, including the merged branch:
                              1. Download
                              2. Run Setup.bat
                              ...oh man, overcomplicating things is one of my strengths, it seems like. Thanks for giving us a heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by gboxentertainment View Post
                                1. Download
                                2. Run Setup.bat
                                I did all that, and got the undefined symbol error that I posted before. Downloading that merged branch right now

Comment

Working...
                                X