No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had no problems with directional lights so far (HD 7850), but I haven't tried setting quality to epic.
    I'll try it later to see about CSM on epic causing a crash as well.

Comment

Originally posted by dvd.kh
      Galaxyman ... MY hero !!

Can you integrate the substance with this versions ?

https://github.com/Allegorithmic/UnrealEngine/releases
      You can just clone that, checkout the 4.7.x.x plugin branch and copy the Substance plugin to your VXGI build.

Comment

I also have no crash with settings on epic and a directional light. I only use 1 tho, maybe if you have many DL it becomes a problem?
        On the other hand the FLEX demo project crash almost instantly...usually a couple seconds after moving my character...

Click image for larger version

Name:	kWwKhd9.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	381.2 KB
ID:	1070962
        Last edited by heartlessphil; 03-22-2015, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Yea generate the project files and compile, though it doesn't change any engine headers so it won't recompile everything under the sun again.

Comment

where is the Turbulence & Flameworks?
            Turbulence (or at least the capabilities of it) are already build into UE4's particle system, and a few pages back I believe there was something said about work being done to integrate flameworks into the existing turbulence system.

Comment

Hey I'm having a crash whenever I use more than a couple objects with tessellated materials. Unfortunately my project uses A LOT of tessellated materials, as I'm aiming to harness as much power as I can (hence why I'm on this thread )

Comment

where is the Turbulence & Flameworks?
                As Blakblt wrote, Flameworks has been integrated into Turbulence, and Turbulence is coming eventually. Patience they will get to it.

Originally posted by Blakblt View Post
                Hey I'm having a crash whenever I use more than a couple objects with tessellated materials. Unfortunately my project uses A LOT of tessellated materials, as I'm aiming to harness as much power as I can (hence why I'm on this thread )
                Using VXGI? I know it has special handling for tessellated materials. There is a checkbox in the material editor for VXGI tessellation you might want to try (Using tessellation during voxelization or something along those lines).
                NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Originally posted by heartlessphil View Post
                  I also have no crash with settings on epic and a directional light. I only use 1 tho, maybe if you have many DL it becomes a problem?
                  On the other hand the FLEX demo project crash almost instantly...usually a couple seconds after moving my character...
                  If its the FLEX demo from the merged branch of mine, then you are most likely getting the directional light crash. I noticed if I have my own scene with a directional light, casting shadows, no issues. But the template based scenes (such as the Flex demo) then crash after a few seconds of moving the character, so I suspect a certain configuration of directional light will cause issues.

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
                    As Blakblt wrote, Flameworks has been integrated into Turbulence, and Turbulence is coming eventually. Patience they will get to it.

Using VXGI? I know it has special handling for tessellated materials. There is a checkbox in the material editor for VXGI tessellation you might want to try (Using tessellation during voxelization or something along those lines).
                    I had VXGI completely disabled at the time. It wasn't turned on on any materials nor in the post processing, on any lights, or even in console. It just kept crashing.

Comment

Yep it will, as even tho its disabled, its still calling certain VXGI branches, that seems to have an invalid check around cascaded shadow maps, this could be due to the upgrade to 4.7 since a few things in rendering did change.

Comment

Yep it will, as even tho its disabled, its still calling certain VXGI branches, that seems to have an invalid check around cascaded shadow maps, this could be due to the upgrade to 4.7 since a few things in rendering did change.
                        Alright then thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Not since Mikes last update, but as Mike said, they have been busy with GDC, and some other commitments, and its the weekend right now for them. Just for reference, heres Mikes last update again:

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
                          Hello friends,

Sorry for my absence these last few days, and many thanks to GalaxyMan, Mikand and everyone who are working together to upgrade and merge the GW branches. I'm back on it it now, I was a bit distracted after GDC with other issues. The FleX-026 upgrade is in the works, people are hard at work on HairWorks, and the VXGI team is working on some improvements too, so we should be able to move everything ahead in the coming weeks.

Thanks,
                          Mike

Comment

@GalaxyMan2015

I tried your branch of VXGI.
                            When I try to run UE4 (by pressing F5) after building as you instructed, I get "breaks" which seem to prevent it from loading.
                            I tried to instead load the editor exe directly and it crashes with this error.

MachineId:2C7DA9D2495D92EE473D00AACAA76461

Unknown exception - code 00000001 (first/second chance not available)

Fatal error: [File:C:\Users\DIFTOW\Desktop\UnrealEngine-VXGI\UnrealEngine-VXGI\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\Windows\GI_InterfaceD3D11.cpp] [Line: 1950]
                            VXGI Error: FLOAT16 emittanceFormat is not supported by the current GPU. (G

KERNELBASE + 37901 bytes
                            UE4Editor_Core!FOutputDeviceWindowsError::Serialize() + 285 bytes [c:\users\diftow\desktop\unrealengine-vxgi\unrealengine-vxgi\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsplatformoutputdevices.cpp:95]
                            UE4Editor_Core!FMsg::Logf__VA() + 463 bytes [c:\users\diftow\desktop\unrealengine-vxgi\unrealengine-vxgi\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:526]
                            UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!nvgiutil::FVXGIRendererInterfaceD3D11::signalError() + 202 bytes [c:\users\diftow\desktop\unrealengine-vxgi\unrealengine-vxgi\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\windows\gi_interfaced3d11.cpp:1950]
                            GFSDK_VXGI_x64!VXGI::FormatError() + 105 bytes [d:\depot\sw\devrel\libdev\gi\dev\bugfix_main\giworks\src\gi_util.cpp:33]
                            GFSDK_VXGI_x64!VXGI::GlobalIllumination::AllocateResources() + 488 bytes [d:\depot\sw\devrel\libdev\gi\dev\bugfix_main\giworks\src\gi_base.cpp:352]
                            GFSDK_VXGI_x64!VFX_VXGI_CreateGIObject() + 260 bytes [d:\depot\sw\devrel\libdev\gi\dev\bugfix_main\giworks\src\gi_base.cpp:130]
                            UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!FD3D11DynamicRHI::CreateVxgiInterface() + 1156 bytes [c:\users\diftow\desktop\unrealengine-vxgi\unrealengine-vxgi\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\windows\windowsd3d11device.cpp:416]
                            UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!FD3D11DynamicRHI::InitD3DDevice() + 1855 bytes [c:\users\diftow\desktop\unrealengine-vxgi\unrealengine-vxgi\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\windows\windowsd3d11device.cpp:637]
                            UE4Editor_RHI!RHIInit() + 105 bytes [c:\users\diftow\desktop\unrealengine-vxgi\unrealengine-vxgi\engine\source\runtime\rhi\private\dynamicrhi.cpp:54]
                            UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::PreInit() + 7624 bytes [c:\users\diftow\desktop\unrealengine-vxgi\unrealengine-vxgi\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:1199]
                            UE4Editor!GuardedMain() + 251 bytes [c:\users\diftow\desktop\unrealengine-vxgi\unrealengine-vxgi\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:110]
                            UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() + 26 bytes [c:\users\diftow\desktop\unrealengine-vxgi\unrealengine-vxgi\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:126]
                            UE4Editor!WinMain() + 249 bytes [c:\users\diftow\desktop\unrealengine-vxgi\unrealengine-vxgi\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:202]
                            UE4Editor!__tmainCRTStartup() + 329 bytes [f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618]
                            My graphics card is a GTX 580.

Here is the debugging from Visual Studio
                            'UE4Editor.exe' (Win32): Unloaded 'C:\Windows\System32\nvwgf2umx.dll'
                            'UE4Editor.exe' (Win32): Unloaded 'C:\Windows\System32\bcrypt.dll'
                            [2015.03.23-08.18.27:489][ 0]LogD3D11RHI: Found D3D11 adapter 0: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 (Feature Level 11_0)
                            [2015.03.23-08.18.27:489][ 0]LogD3D11RHI: Adapter has 1487MB of dedicated video memory, 0MB of dedicated system memory, and 2559MB of shared system memory, 1 output[s]
                            [2015.03.23-08.18.27:489][ 0]LogD3D11RHI: Chosen D3D11 Adapter Id = 0
                            [2015.03.23-08.18.27:492][ 0]LogRHI: Texture pool is 1041 MB (70% of 1487 MB)
                            'UE4Editor.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\nvwgf2umx.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
                            'UE4Editor.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\bcrypt.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
                            The thread 0x37b8 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
                            'UE4Editor.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\nvapi64.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
                            UE4Editor.exe has triggered a breakpoint.

Fatal error: [File:C:\Users\DIFTOW\Desktop\UnrealEngine-VXGI\UnrealEngine-VXGI\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\Windows\GI_InterfaceD3D11.cpp] [Line: 1950]
                            VXGI Error: FLOAT16 emittanceFormat is not supported by the current GPU. (GI_Base.cpp, 351)

[2015.03.23-08.18.38:971][ 0]LogWindows:Error: Windows GetLastError: The operation completed successfully. (0)
                            [2015.03.23-08.18.38:971][ 0]LogWindows: === Critical error: ===
                            VXGI Error: FLOAT16 emittanceFormat is not supported by the current GPU. (GI_Base.cpp, 351)

[2015.03.23-08.18.39:000][ 0]LogExit: Executing StaticShutdownAfterError
                            [2015.03.23-08.18.39:000][ 0]LogWindows: FPlatformMisc::RequestExit(1)
                            The thread 0x14c8 has exited with code 3 (0x3).
                            The thread 0x4e60 has exited with code 3 (0x3).
                            The thread 0x4124 has exited with code 3 (0x3).
                            The thread 0x520c has exited with code 3 (0x3).
                            The thread 0x4710 has exited with code 3 (0x3).
                            The thread 0x35a8 has exited with code 3 (0x3).
                            The thread 0x1528 has exited with code 3 (0x3).
                            The thread 0x1cf0 has exited with code 3 (0x3).
                            The thread 0x1b78 has exited with code 3 (0x3).
                            The thread 0x14dc has exited with code 3 (0x3).
                            The thread 0x2bf0 has exited with code 3 (0x3).
                            The thread 0x26ec has exited with code 3 (0x3).
                            The program '[17584] UE4Editor.exe' has exited with code 3 (0x3).
                            Last edited by DIFTOW; 03-23-2015, 04:19 AM.

Comment

VXGI Error: FLOAT16 emittanceFormat is not supported by the current GPU
                              Go to BaseEngine.ini and change bVxgiStoreEmittanceInFP16=true to bVxgiStoreEmittanceInFP16=false and do the same for DefaultEngine.ini of any samples you open, if its found. The error is indicating that its found bVxgiStoreEmittanceInFP16=true in the configs and your card doesn't support 16-bit floating point render targets.

Comment

Go to BaseEngine.ini and change bVxgiStoreEmittanceInFP16=true to bVxgiStoreEmittanceInFP16=false and do the same for DefaultEngine.ini of any samples you open, if its found. The error is indicating that its found bVxgiStoreEmittanceInFP16=true in the configs and your card doesn't support 16-bit floating point render targets.
                                Thank you, that fixed the issue

I'm converting the Realistic Rendering scene to VXGI. So far I'm getting 30-35 FPS on Epic mode. I'm a bit surprised. =p

EDIT:
                                For anyone interested in my specs.

Intel Core i7-4790k
                                16 GB RAM
                                Nvidia GeForce GTX 580
                                SSD - Samsung Evo 840
                                Windows 7 64 bit
                                Z97 Motherboard

Click image for larger version

Name:	vxgi.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	568.8 KB
ID:	1071019
                                Using a point light (I thought I read there were issues with them earlier in the thread, but can confirm it works fine)
                                I did however experience issues with directional lights. Flickering between 2 very different exposures.
                                Last edited by DIFTOW; 03-23-2015, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X