Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Mikand79 View Post
    He says it must be on to not crash.
    oh snap! man i really need some sleep. Thank you Number47!
    ----------------------------------edit-----------------------------------
    keeps crashing :P
    Last edited by Gandosh; 03-21-2015, 03:58 PM.
    Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Mikand79 View Post
      He says it must be on to not crash.
      Wow how did I miss that?

      Comment


        Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
        oh snap! man i really need some sleep. Thank you Number47!
        ----------------------------------edit-----------------------------------
        keeps crashing :P
        Maybe we should just stay away from directional lights for now.

        Comment


          Yea. VXGI and it's errors still behave a bit random. But it's still a beta.

          And I so need a better graphics card for it.. let alone a better CPU. Shader compiling drives my CPU to 83 degrees core now, and VXGI shaders take extra time. Im already afraid to let it compile them.

          Comment


            Is it possible to create blueprint based on Flexsphere or other Flex actor. When I create blueprint based on FlexSphere it is not working anymore. So I'm looking for a way to add FlexSphere(soft body physics) to blueprint. What do I have to do to achieve this goal?

            --

            Btw. The actor is not changeable when FlexSphere mesh is in blueprint as a component. So I can't choose FlexActor.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Mikand79 View Post
              Yea. VXGI and it's errors still behave a bit random. But it's still a beta.

              And I so need a better graphics card for it.. let alone a better CPU. Shader compiling drives my CPU to 83 degrees core now, and VXGI shaders take extra time. Im already afraid to let it compile them.
              But its worth enough xP

              Originally posted by Blakblt View Post
              Maybe we should just stay away from directional lights for now.
              Yeah... or switch back to older version! which i dont have xD
              by the way. VXGI working perfectly with interior scene. Im falling love with emissive materials and spotlights oh my god.
              Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
                But its worth enough xP

                Oh most certainly!

                Yeah... or switch back to older version! which i dont have xD
                by the way. VXGI working perfectly with interior scene. Im falling love with emissive materials and spotlights oh my god.
                Maybe for exterior we should just use massive *** spotlights

                Comment


                  I started using VXGI for my project now (haven't looked into Flex yet, but I should). These are just a few screens from a slightly modified Highrise Map (the map which comes with the ShooterGame example; I use it mainly to test or try out stuff since I don't want to waste time on making maps before the mechanics work properly). I wished we had a spoiler tag...Sorry for anyone who is on mobile or similar...
                  Anyways, click on the pictures to get the full resolution, I would recommend to since you can see more than in the thumbnails.
                  Also I left the VXGI settings on default, except for the range which I set to 4096. I left specular tracing disabled (I still need to add the SSRs) and also disabled eye adaption in the night pictures. I almost forgot to mention that the shadows look so crappy because they are set to high instead of epic, this prevents the engine crashes for me. I used a directional light, the emissive materials and a very weak skylight (intensity 0.2), if anyone wants to know that.
                  Hope you like them





                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Netrve; 03-21-2015, 07:56 PM. Reason: My grammar isn't the best...

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by SaviorNT View Post
                    In regards to the Gameworks integrations, there are a few feature sets that seem to be planned or in the works in 4.8 that I am looking forward to. So in that regards, once 4.8 is released, how soon can we expect for the Gameworks integrations to be ported to 4.8?

                    In a similar fashion, are there plans in the works to integrate the tech directly into the native engine that we can download via launcher?
                    No idea about official support, I suspect at the end, but I will be keeping my branch up to date with the latest changes from NVIDIA and the latest versions of the engine.

                    Originally posted by jmietola View Post
                    Is it possible to create blueprint based on Flexsphere or other Flex actor. When I create blueprint based on FlexSphere it is not working anymore. So I'm looking for a way to add FlexSphere(soft body physics) to blueprint. What do I have to do to achieve this goal?

                    --

                    Btw. The actor is not changeable when FlexSphere mesh is in blueprint as a component. So I can't choose FlexActor.
                    No issues here. I created a Blueprint class based on Flex Actor and choose the FlexSphere asset and it worked ingame. I also placed a static mesh actor into the scene, converted to a Flex Actor, and then converted that to a Blueprint Class, and again worked correctly in game.
                    NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                    Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

                    Comment


                      I'll do that after HBAO+. Ive been getting a bit carried away with Flex at the moment.
                      NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                      Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Blakblt View Post
                        Maybe for exterior we should just use massive *** spotlights
                        Yeah why not? xD xD
                        Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Dakraid View Post
                          For anyone having crashes with VXGI in which the logs says something about CascadeIndex, try to set the Shadows under Settings->Engine Scalability Settings to high. The crash only happens when I set it to Epic, otherwise it works for me. Maybe it helps some people.
                          I'm not sure if you can set it up through ini's (should be possible), but I haven't tried that.

                          Greetings,
                          Dakraid
                          I haven't noticed any issues using directional lights with vxgi in 4.7 (apart from the light leaking of the vxgi), and I've got everything set to epic. What graphics card are you using? I'm using a gtx780.

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	vxgi-dir1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	438.2 KB
ID:	1070934

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by dvd.kh
                            Galaxyman ... MY hero !!

                            Can you integrate the substance with this versions ?

                            https://github.com/Allegorithmic/UnrealEngine/releases
                            Probably not at this time, Im only focusing on the NVidia products, mainly because I am using them in my current project.

                            Originally posted by gboxentertainment View Post
                            I haven't noticed any issues using directional lights with vxgi in 4.7 (apart from the light leaking of the vxgi), and I've got everything set to epic. What graphics card are you using? I'm using a gtx780.
                            Im running a gtx970 here and its pretty much a given crash in any of the template levels using a directional light, haven't tried in my own scene, so in fact it might be something else, that removing the directional light fixes none the less, will experiment some more when I get a chance.
                            NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                            Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

                            Comment


                              i'm trying to get distance field shadows working with vxgi. so I've got the distance field shadows rendering, but can't seem to get them voxelized. There is something turning off projectedshadowrendering when distance field shadows are turned on and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with bRayTracedDistanceFieldShadow.

                              in the original 4.6 version of vxgi I was able to get it sort of working but only when I selected an object would its distance field shadow get voxelized. I suspect this all has something to do with the DrawDynamicElements function. I am currently messing around with this but am having no luck.
                              Last edited by gboxentertainment; 03-22-2015, 07:32 AM.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
                                Im running a gtx970 here and its pretty much a given crash in any of the template levels using a directional light, haven't tried in my own scene, so in fact it might be something else, that removing the directional light fixes none the less, will experiment some more when I get a chance.
                                Same here, I also use a GTX970. Would be interesting to know if anyone with another 9XX GPU experiences these problems.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X