No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is a FlameWorks integration planned as well?
    ArtStation

Comment

Originally posted by The_Distiller View Post
      By the end of this month they will integrate VXGI, Turf Effects and FleX. (yay)

Not sure about Flameworks.
      Unreal Issue Tracker - Desktop App for Unreal Engine Issues
      Unreal Nexus - Create Share and Experience!

Unreal Engine 4 World-Wide User Map

[PLUGIN] Aws Gamelift Client Plugin
      [TOOL] Create your own binary release of UE4 from GitHub source
      [Marketplace] Vehicle Soccer Template
      [Marketplace] Objective Waypoint System
      My UE4 Tutorials and Misc Tools

Lead Programmer at YetiTech Studios
      Your Friendly Neighborhood
      Satheesh PV (a.k.a RyanJon2040) | Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+

Comment

Originally posted by The_Distiller View Post
        We plan to integrate FlameWorks too, but I don't have a target date for that yet.

Comment

Thanks for the info Mike!
          ArtStation

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
            By the end of this month they will integrate VXGI, Turf Effects and FleX. (yay)

Not sure about Flameworks.
            I went crazy when I read this... You are absolutely awesome out there in NVIDIA, implementing all this in one month.

However again the question comes to my mind, will it be cross-platform with a huge performance boost on NVIDIA gpu's, or NVIDIA-only?

Comment

Wow, this is amazing news! Didn't expect these integrations to occur for quite sometime.. And incredibly FleX is among the first to be integrated. Exciting!

Comment

Originally posted by Cube2222 View Post
                I went crazy when I read this... You are absolutely awesome out there in NVIDIA, implementing all this in one month.

However again the question comes to my mind, will it be cross-platform with a huge performance boost on NVIDIA gpu's, or NVIDIA-only?

Sorry, perhaps you missed my reply from the other day:

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
                The short answer is yes, GameWorks features will be supporting DXC and/or CPU implementations for wider compatibility. However, it may take some time to fully release those other implementations, so at least at first, the WaveWorks implementation available on Github/Unreal is based on CUDA.
                It might appear like we're doing all of this in a month, but we've been working on the integrations for a while. We're just getting to the roll-out phase now, and some modules will take longer than others.

Comment

Sorry, perhaps you missed my reply from the other day:
                  Sorry, actually not, but I thought it was about waveworks specifically and didn't look again.

Comment

Originally posted by Cube2222 View Post
                    Sorry, actually not, but I thought it was about waveworks specifically and didn't look again.
                    I see. The goal is for all GW modules to be available on all PCs, but the timing and details depend on the specific features. As they roll out we will continue to refine these features, we will measure and improve performance, and study use cases contributed by developers in the field. It is generally more effective to concentrate effort on a single implementation while improving the fundamentals, and later port for broader compatibility, than it is to do it the other way around.

Comment

Great to see so much coming from the highly-talented folks at Nvidia! Fingers crossed we'll eventually see HairWorks sooner, rather than later though!

Comment

I fervently hoped that something like this would happen - awesome!

FLeX is going to be insane, and is definitely the one to watch IMO - cloth <-> fluid <-> rigid <-> softbody interactions all working together are going to be *insane* and change things in ways people can't even imagine yet.
                        Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Turf looks excelsior.
                          Hopefully I won't be so much of a big noob as to be unable to figure out how to implement it.

Comment

My pleasure, hope you find it useful. We'll be adding more sample content and features in the coming weeks, including Gerstner waves for shoreline interaction, boats with buoyancy, etc. We're also working on integrations of the VXGI global illumination system, hair and fur, FleX multi-physics, and grass/vegetation package, among other things.

Happy Holidays!
                            Santa? is that you? this is super exciting news! thank you for that

Originally posted by n00854180t View Post
                            I fervently hoped that something like this would happen - awesome!

FLeX is going to be insane, and is definitely the one to watch IMO - cloth <-> fluid <-> rigid <-> softbody interactions all working together are going to be *insane* and change things in ways people can't even imagine yet.
                            Exactly! the way I see it FLEX is basically next gen game physics.. it's a lot more than eye-candy or a rendering feature like VXGI since this can potentially affect gameplay in a major way.
                            Wish there was more focus on features like this!

4.10 Update! -> [Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader
                            WIP Interactive Water Shader, WIP 2D Water Sim
                            WIP FFT Ocean w/ Foam, Quad-tree Infinite Ocean LOD

Comment

So I played quite a bit with WaveWorks today so far I'm very pleased with it and it's apparently just one node you add in your water material and it generates foam, normal and displacement!

For those interested I uploaded a video showing what I ended up with after a couple of hours in the material editor (should be in 60fps if you use Chrome).

Now the question is, are the buoyancy physics implemented? is there an easy way I can add buoyancy to a mesh in C++ or get the Z (height) data? or that feature still needs work to properly work in UE4?

4.10 Update! -> [Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader
                              WIP Interactive Water Shader, WIP 2D Water Sim
                              WIP FFT Ocean w/ Foam, Quad-tree Infinite Ocean LOD

Comment

Originally posted by TK-Master View Post
                                So I played quite a bit with WaveWorks today so far I'm very pleased with it and it's apparently just one node you add in your water material and it generates foam, normal and displacement!

For those interested I uploaded a video showing what I ended up with after a couple of hours in the material editor (should be in 60fps if you use Chrome).

Now the question is, are the buoyancy physics implemented? is there an easy way I can add buoyancy to a mesh in C++ or get the Z (height) data? or that feature still needs work to properly work in UE4?
                                The buoyancy physics is not yet implemented in UE4, but it should be straightforward to get the height data and calculate the intersection of the height field with, for example, a convex hull. When we get some extra time I hope to publish a boat sample using a PhysX rigid body for the boat hull, and a pawn controller that applies buoyancy, drag, propulsion, etc., similar to how the vehicle sample uses a pawn to create a PxVehicle.
                                Last edited by Mike.Skolones; 01-04-2015, 01:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X