NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heartlessphil View Post
    I'm playing with the Galaxyman's merged build and noticed that saving material after setting them for VXGI takes sooo long...more than 2 mins per material. Is it something that will be improved in the future? Other than that, good job!

Also, is there a way to tick ''use vxgi'' on all materials at once and go afk for a while? :-) It's painful when you want to make a conversion and your scene already has many materials. Still much less painful than uv unwrapping tho! hehe.
    This has been an issue since the first build. I even posted it as an issue but haven't got any response on it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Yours3!f View Post
      Hi Mike,

will you be adding ShadowWorks to UE4? If so when?
      I'd love to see it in UE4!

thanks,
      Yours3!f
      They've already got an HBAO+ branch.

Comment

Dang it. Even Galaxy man's merged one giving me this error.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	159.4 KB
ID:	1070858
        Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Remove the directional light from the scene, appears cascaded shadow maps causes crashes. Am looking to see if its something I have missed in the conversion, but going back a few pages I saw another person report the same thing for the NVIDIA branch.
          NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
          Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
            Remove the directional light from the scene, appears cascaded shadow maps causes crashes. Am looking to see if its something I have missed in the conversion, but going back a few pages I saw another person report the same thing for the NVIDIA branch.
            what the hell. I was searching through codes.... man... thank you

Comment

Originally posted by gboxentertainment View Post
              I had a similar problem when I tried to get distance field shadows working. You might've missed transferring the vxgi somewhere in the code which covers object selection.

I take it that you did a findall search for vxgi and copied all 2057 lines of modified code to 4.7?
              This must mean that there is some code that is indirectly affected by the vxgi code.
              I've had another think about this and realise that when an object is selected, it is immediately removed from the voxelization. This must mean that rendering a selected object is done separately. In the 4.7 code, the entire function FInstancedStaticMeshSceneProxy:: DrawDynamicElements in InstancedStaticMesh.cpp is missing, which means that they must have replaced this with some other methodology.

Comment

The whole primitive drawer concept was removed, and replaced with GetDynamicMeshElements. This way they can cache the dynamic mesh draw list at the start of the frame and reuse for all passes (since they also cache the relevance). I have changed the code to match, but I suspect its not working correctly. During my debugging the mesh list was never populated, but I suspect this is because I don't actually call GetDynamicMeshElements myself.
                NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Originally posted by heartlessphil View Post
                  I'm playing with the Galaxyman's merged build and noticed that saving material after setting them for VXGI takes sooo long...more than 2 mins per material. Is it something that will be improved in the future? Other than that, good job!

Also, is there a way to tick ''use vxgi'' on all materials at once and go afk for a while? :-) It's painful when you want to make a conversion and your scene already has many materials. Still much less painful than uv unwrapping tho! hehe.
                  I "shift select" the materials, then right click choose "asset actions"/"property matrix" and tick VXGI part.
                  Since some of my assets/city´s have 100+ materials it´s very useful if not crash

Comment

I also found the shader compiling to be a problem. Use the property matrix to tag many materials as suggested or base everything off a master material.
                    I've still yet to change my master from a simple base diffuse color with parameter because it took so long to compile that.

Comment

For anyone having crashes with VXGI in which the logs says something about CascadeIndex, try to set the Shadows under Settings->Engine Scalability Settings to high. The crash only happens when I set it to Epic, otherwise it works for me. Maybe it helps some people.
                      I'm not sure if you can set it up through ini's (should be possible), but I haven't tried that.

Greetings,
                      Dakraid

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
                        You don't have to delete the Directional Light, the editor does not crash if only you set the flag "VXGI Indirect Lighting" on every Directional Light in your scene. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Number47 View Post
                          You don't have to delete the Directional Light, the editor does not crash if only you set the flag "VXGI Indirect Lighting" on every Directional Light in your scene. Hope this helps.
                          i only have one directional light and i didn't even choose that vxgi indirect lighting box. It opens scene and i try to move something boom crash.

Comment

In regards to the Gameworks integrations, there are a few feature sets that seem to be planned or in the works in 4.8 that I am looking forward to. So in that regards, once 4.8 is released, how soon can we expect for the Gameworks integrations to be ported to 4.8?

In a similar fashion, are there plans in the works to integrate the tech directly into the native engine that we can download via launcher?
                            WIP: Science Project - A collection of middle school through advanced college level science theory and formula-based functions for use in your own projects
                            World Machine to UE4 Export Macro
                            WM Folder Generator - Creates a folder that you name with HeightMap, NormalMap, SplatMap, and Tile sub-folders

Comment

Originally posted by Number47 View Post
                              Wait, is the "VXGI Indirect Lighting" flag supposed to be set to on or off?

Comment

He says it must be on to not crash.

Comment

Working...
                                X